jenkins

Roger Oberholtzer-2
Is anyone using Jenkins on openSUSE 12.3? A recent update (Dec 19) has
resulted in tasks not running. Jenkins is running, but in the console
output for the various jobs, I get the listing below. I do not see
anything in Bugzilla. The update on the 19th pulled in both a new Java
and a new Jenkins. So it is hard to tell which caused the problem.

=== START ===
Console Output

Started by timer
Building in workspace /home/jenkins/jobs/Nightly_Build/workspace
Updating http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/svn/source.18.00 at revision
'2015-01-04T20:00:00.981 +0100'
FATAL: com.sun.jna.Structure.getFieldOrder()Ljava/util/List;
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
com.sun.jna.Structure.getFieldOrder()Ljava/util/List;
at com.sun.jna.Structure.fieldOrder(Structure.java:884)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.getFields(Structure.java:910)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.deriveLayout(Structure.java:1058)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.calculateSize(Structure.java:982)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.calculateSize(Structure.java:949)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.allocateMemory(Structure.java:375)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.<init>(Structure.java:184)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.<init>(Structure.java:172)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.<init>(Structure.java:159)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.<init>(Structure.java:151)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.jna.SVNGnomeKeyring$GnomeKeyringContext.<init>(SVNGnomeKeyring.java:324)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.jna.SVNGnomeKeyring.getDefaultKeyringName(SVNGnomeKeyring.java:126)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.jna.SVNGnomeKeyring.setPassword(SVNGnomeKeyring.java:255)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.jna.SVNJNAUtil.addPasswordToGnomeKeyring(SVNJNAUtil.java:170)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNPersistentAuthenticationProvider$GnomeKeyringPasswordStorage.savePassword(DefaultSVNPersistentAuthenticationProvider.java:682)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNPersistentAuthenticationProvider.savePasswordCredential(DefaultSVNPersistentAuthenticationProvider.java:406)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNPersistentAuthenticationProvider.saveAuthentication(DefaultSVNPersistentAuthenticationProvider.java:313)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.acknowledgeAuthentication(DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.java:242)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.auth.BasicAuthenticationManager.acknowledgeAuthentication(BasicAuthenticationManager.java:56)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection._request(HTTPConnection.java:726)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:373)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:364)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:352)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.performHttpRequest(DAVConnection.java:708)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.exchangeCapabilities(DAVConnection.java:628)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.open(DAVConnection.java:103)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.openConnection(DAVRepository.java:1018)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.getLatestRevision(DAVRepository.java:180)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.getRevisionNumber(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:118)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnRepositoryAccess.getLocations(SvnRepositoryAccess.java:148)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.createRepositoryFor(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:45)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.handleExternalItemChange(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:330)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.handleExternalsChange(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:293)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.handleExternals(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:229)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.updateInternal(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:207)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.update(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:76)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgUpdate.run(SvnNgUpdate.java:38)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgUpdate.run(SvnNgUpdate.java:18)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgOperationRunner.run(SvnNgOperationRunner.java:20)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnOperationRunner.run(SvnOperationRunner.java:20)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperationFactory.run(SvnOperationFactory.java:1235)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperation.run(SvnOperation.java:291)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.doUpdate(SVNUpdateClient.java:311)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.doUpdate(SVNUpdateClient.java:291)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.doUpdate(SVNUpdateClient.java:387)
at hudson.scm.subversion.UpdateUpdater$TaskImpl.perform(UpdateUpdater.java:157)
at hudson.scm.subversion.WorkspaceUpdater$UpdateTask.delegateTo(WorkspaceUpdater.java:153)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.perform(SubversionSCM.java:903)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.invoke(SubversionSCM.java:884)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.invoke(SubversionSCM.java:867)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:981)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:959)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout(SubversionSCM.java:843)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout(SubversionSCM.java:781)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1265)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:622)
at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:528)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1759)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:89)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:240)

=== END ===

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Re: jenkins

Roger Oberholtzer-2
No one using Jenkins? A search in the openSUSE forum for jenkins
returns nothing at all related to the program. How odd. I cannot
believe I am the only one with this issue.

Does anyone know which version of Java Jenkins likes on openSUSE? I
did not change the Java implementation, but it was also updated when
Jenkins was updated.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Re: jenkins

Aaron Digulla

Am Mittwoch, 07. Januar 2015 07:44 CET, Roger Oberholtzer <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> No one using Jenkins? A search in the openSUSE forum for jenkins
> returns nothing at all related to the program. How odd. I cannot
> believe I am the only one with this issue.
>
> Does anyone know which version of Java Jenkins likes on openSUSE? I
> did not change the Java implementation, but it was also updated when

> Jenkins was updated.

The error message indicates that access to a native library is broken: The tmatesoft SVN plugin of Jenkins tries to access the GNOME keyring.

> FATAL: com.sun.jna.Structure.getFieldOrder()Ljava/util/List;
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> com.sun.jna.Structure.getFieldOrder()Ljava/util/List;
> at com.sun.jna.Structure.fieldOrder(Structure.java:884)
>[...]
> at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.jna.SVNGnomeKeyring$GnomeKeyringContext.<init>(SVNGnomeKeyring.java:324)

Check those libraries for updates.

http://blog.pdark.de/

Re: jenkins

Roger Oberholtzer-2
Indeed there were a few plugin updates available. I saw that there was
one for subversion. I updated it and restarted both Jenkins and
Apache. Now I get the following:

Building in workspace /home/jenkins/jobs/Nightly_Build/workspace
Updating http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/svn/source.18.00 at revision
'2015-01-07T13:43:54.620 +0100'
ERROR: Subversion update has been canceled
Build was aborted
Warning: you have no plugins providing access control for builds, so
falling back to legacy behavior of permitting any downstream builds to
be triggered
Finished: ABORTED

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Aaron Digulla <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 07. Januar 2015 07:44 CET, Roger Oberholtzer <[hidden email]> schrieb:
>
>> No one using Jenkins? A search in the openSUSE forum for jenkins
>> returns nothing at all related to the program. How odd. I cannot
>> believe I am the only one with this issue.
>>
>> Does anyone know which version of Java Jenkins likes on openSUSE? I
>> did not change the Java implementation, but it was also updated when
>
>> Jenkins was updated.
>
> The error message indicates that access to a native library is broken: The tmatesoft SVN plugin of Jenkins tries to access the GNOME keyring.
>

>> FATAL: com.sun.jna.Structure.getFieldOrder()Ljava/util/List;
>> java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
>> com.sun.jna.Structure.getFieldOrder()Ljava/util/List;
>> at com.sun.jna.Structure.fieldOrder(Structure.java:884)
>>[...]
>> at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.jna.SVNGnomeKeyring$GnomeKeyringContext.<init>(SVNGnomeKeyring.java:324)
>
> Check those libraries for updates.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark
> "It's not the universe that's limited, it's our imagination.
> Follow me and I'll show you something beyond the limits."
> http://blog.pdark.de/

Roger Oberholtzer

Re: jenkins

Roger Oberholtzer-2
I have looked a bit more and I see there is a bit more information:

Unable to access http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/svn/source.18.00 : svn:
E200015: E200015: ISVNAuthentication provider did not provide
credentials; HTTP authorization cancelled.
svn: E200015: ISVNAuthentication provider did not provide credentials;
HTTP authorization cancelled.

org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException: svn: E200015: E200015:
ISVNAuthentication provider did not provide credentials; HTTP
authorization cancelled.
svn: E200015: ISVNAuthentication provider did not provide credentials;
HTTP authorization cancelled.
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:60)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:759)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:371)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:359)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.performHttpRequest(DAVConnection.java:710)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.exchangeCapabilities(DAVConnection.java:627)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.open(DAVConnection.java:102)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.openConnection(DAVRepository.java:1032)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.testConnection(DAVRepository.java:94)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$DescriptorImpl.checkRepositoryPath(SubversionSCM.java:2282)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$ModuleLocation$DescriptorImpl.checkCredentialsId(SubversionSCM.java:3043)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$ModuleLocation$DescriptorImpl.doCheckCredentialsId(SubversionSCM.java:3016)

I can do subversion updates as the Jenkins user ok. So the basic
access to the subversion server is still okay. The problem seems to be
when Jenkins is doing the subversion update on it's own.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Re: jenkins

Roger Oberholtzer-2
Sorry for the messages. But I see that in addition to the need for the
updated subversion plugin, something seems to have set the Credentials
in Jenkin's configuration to None. I selected the correct Credentials
(still in the popup menu for the setting). Now it gets further. It
checks out of some repos, but fails on a specific one that has the
same user/password. No idea why. The report that the failed repo is at
revision 0 is not correct. I suspect that it says so since it could
not access the repo. In the following, the first one works, but the
next one fails. In fact, 20 or so repos work ok before this failure.

Fetching 'http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/svn/Customers' at -1 into
'/home/jenkins/jobs/Nightly_Build/workspace/Customers'
At revision 147
Fetching 'http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/xsvn/PFU' at -1 into
'/home/jenkins/jobs/Nightly_Build/workspace/PFU'
At revision 0
ERROR: Failed to check out http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/svn/source.18.00
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException: svn: E200015:
authentication cancelled
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:37)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:32)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.getNextAuthentication(DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.java:215)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:685)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:371)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:359)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.performHttpRequest(DAVConnection.java:710)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.exchangeCapabilities(DAVConnection.java:627)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.open(DAVConnection.java:102)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.openConnection(DAVRepository.java:1032)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.getLatestRevision(DAVRepository.java:175)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.getRevisionNumber(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:118)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnRepositoryAccess.getLocations(SvnRepositoryAccess.java:184)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.createRepositoryFor(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:45)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.handleExternalItemChange(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:347)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.handleExternalsChange(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:310)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.handleExternals(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:246)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.updateInternal(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:224)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.update(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:72)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgUpdate.run(SvnNgUpdate.java:38)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgUpdate.run(SvnNgUpdate.java:18)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgOperationRunner.run(SvnNgOperationRunner.java:20)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnOperationRunner.run(SvnOperationRunner.java:21)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperationFactory.run(SvnOperationFactory.java:1259)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperation.run(SvnOperation.java:294)

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Re: jenkins

Aaron Digulla
Am 07.01.2015 um 14:02 schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:

> Fetching 'http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/svn/Customers' at -1 into
> '/home/jenkins/jobs/Nightly_Build/workspace/Customers'
> At revision 147
> Fetching 'http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/xsvn/PFU' at -1 into
> '/home/jenkins/jobs/Nightly_Build/workspace/PFU'
> At revision 0
> ERROR: Failed to check out http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/svn/source.18.00
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException: svn: E200015:
> authentication cancelled

Looks like a Subversion problem. Try to run the same command from the
console. That might give more information what is wrong.

http://blog.pdark.de/

Re: jenkins

Roger Oberholtzer-2
From the console it works perfect. So if I disable having Jenkins
check for updates and do them by hand, it works fine. I feel the issue
is in the Jenkins subversion module.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 9:36 PM, Aaron Digulla <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 07.01.2015 um 14:02 schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:
>
>> Fetching 'http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/svn/Customers' at -1 into
>> '/home/jenkins/jobs/Nightly_Build/workspace/Customers'
>> At revision 147
>> Fetching 'http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/xsvn/PFU' at -1 into
>> '/home/jenkins/jobs/Nightly_Build/workspace/PFU'
>> At revision 0
>> ERROR: Failed to check out http://sto-opq-src.scc.se/svn/source.18.00
>> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException: svn: E200015:
>> authentication cancelled
>
> Looks like a Subversion problem. Try to run the same command from the
> console. That might give more information what is wrong.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark
> "It's not the universe that's limited, it's our imagination.
> Follow me and I'll show you something beyond the limits."
> http://blog.pdark.de/

Roger Oberholtzer