java-1_6_0-openjdk update fails - 11.0 x64

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

java-1_6_0-openjdk update fails - 11.0 x64

Eoin Kirwan-3

An update notification popped up this evening for java-1_6_0-openjdk but the
update fails.
I am running 11.0 x64


OpenSUSE updater fails silently

With zypper:

# zypper lu
Reading installed packages...
Patches

Repository            | Name               | Version | Category | Status
----------------------+--------------------+---------+----------+-------
openSUSE-11.0-Updates | java-1_6_0-openjdk | 578     | security | Needed
# zypper up
Reading installed packages...

Problem: Solvable java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.4_b14-24.2.i586 conflicts with
tzdata-java provided by itself
 Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
  deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-plugin-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
  deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
 Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_6_0-openjdk-578.noarch

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]:


 - I chose cancel. Has anyone else found this problem?
As the problem appears to be with the update itself, will there be an updated
update? :)

Also, Opera 9.64 came out last week with a significant security issue fixed, I
was hoping it would be in the opensuse update repositories by now. I would
install it manually, but then I'd probably have to apply all Opera updates
manually in future, which I don't want.

Regards

Eoin



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: java-1_6_0-openjdk update fails - 11.0 x64

David Hücking
Am Monday 09 March 2009 21:01:09 schrieb Eoin Kirwan:
[...]

> With zypper:
>
> # zypper lu
> Reading installed packages...
> Patches
>
> Repository            | Name               | Version | Category | Status
> ----------------------+--------------------+---------+----------+-------
> openSUSE-11.0-Updates | java-1_6_0-openjdk | 578     | security | Needed
> # zypper up
> Reading installed packages...
>
> Problem: Solvable java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.4_b14-24.2.i586 conflicts with
> tzdata-java provided by itself
>  Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
>   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-plugin-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
>   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
>  Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_6_0-openjdk-578.noarch
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]:
>
>
>  - I chose cancel. Has anyone else found this problem?
> As the problem appears to be with the update itself, will there be an
> updated update? :)

Hi Eoin,

just got nearly the same problem...
--- 8< ---
Problem: Solvable java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.4_b14-24.2.i586 conflicts with
tzdata-java provided by itself
 Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
  deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
  deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
 Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_6_0-openjdk-578.noarch

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]: ^C
--- 8< ---
So what's wrong here?



Regards, David.
--
Eat, sleep and go running,
David Hücking. ;->

Encrypted eMail welcome!
GnuPG/ PGP-Key: 0x57809216. Fingerprint:
3DF2 CBE0 DFAA 4164 02C2  4E2A E005 8DF7 5780 9216
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: java-1_6_0-openjdk update fails - 11.0 x64

Marcus Meissner
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:57:41PM +0100, David Huecking wrote:

> Am Monday 09 March 2009 21:01:09 schrieb Eoin Kirwan:
> [...]
> > With zypper:
> >
> > # zypper lu
> > Reading installed packages...
> > Patches
> >
> > Repository            | Name               | Version | Category | Status
> > ----------------------+--------------------+---------+----------+-------
> > openSUSE-11.0-Updates | java-1_6_0-openjdk | 578     | security | Needed
> > # zypper up
> > Reading installed packages...
> >
> > Problem: Solvable java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.4_b14-24.2.i586 conflicts with
> > tzdata-java provided by itself
> >  Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
> >   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-plugin-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
> >   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
> >  Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_6_0-openjdk-578.noarch
> >
> > Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]:
> >
> >
> >  - I chose cancel. Has anyone else found this problem?
> > As the problem appears to be with the update itself, will there be an
> > updated update? :)
>
> Hi Eoin,
>
> just got nearly the same problem...
> --- 8< ---
> Problem: Solvable java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.4_b14-24.2.i586 conflicts with
> tzdata-java provided by itself
>  Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
>   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
>   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
>  Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_6_0-openjdk-578.noarch
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]: ^C
> --- 8< ---
> So what's wrong here?

It needs timezone-java from the OSS repo... briefly add/enable the OSS
repo then the update should go through.

Ciao, Marcus
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: java-1_6_0-openjdk update fails - 11.0 x64

Lothar Kimmeringer-5
In reply to this post by Eoin Kirwan-3
[just realized I haven't answered to the list but as PM]

Eoin Kirwan schrieb:
> An update notification popped up this evening for java-1_6_0-openjdk but the
> update fails.
> I am running 11.0 x64

I've had a problem as well as I found out today. After updating
to Java 1.6.0_12, the files US_export_policy.jar and
loca_policy.jar were missing in
/etc/alternatives/java_sdk_1.6.0/jre/lib/security
Previously I installed the Unlimited Strength Crypography Juris-
diction files by linking them in the directory.

The updater seems to delete the links but fail to write the
new (old) files to that directory, leading to funny error-
messages when trying to use cryptography.


Regards, Lothar

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: java-1_6_0-openjdk update fails - 11.0 x64

Eoin Kirwan-3
In reply to this post by Marcus Meissner
On Tue 10 Mar 2009, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:57:41PM +0100, David Huecking wrote:
> > Problem: Solvable java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.4_b14-24.2.i586 conflicts with
> > tzdata-java provided by itself
> >  Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
> >   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
> >   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
> >  Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_6_0-openjdk-578.noarch
> >
> > Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]: ^C
> > --- 8< ---
> > So what's wrong here?
>
> It needs timezone-java from the OSS repo... briefly add/enable the OSS
> repo then the update should go through.


I've always had the OSS repo enabled :


# zypper lr
# | Alias                                                          |
Name                          | Enabled | Refresh
--+----------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+---------+--------
1 | openSUSE-11.0-Updates                                          |
openSUSE-11.0-Updates         | Yes     | Yes
2 | http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/11.0/                    | Packman
Repository            | Yes     | Yes
3 | network:utilities                                              |
network:utilities             | Yes     | Yes
4 | X11:Utilities                                                  |
X11:Utilities                 | Yes     | Yes
5 | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/openSUSE_11.0/ | openSUSE
BuildService - Games | Yes     | Yes
6 | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/       | Main
Repository (OSS)         | Yes     | Yes
7 | http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.0/       | VideoLan
Repository           | Yes     | Yes
8 | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/non-oss/   | Main
Repository (NON-OSS)     | Yes     | Yes
9 | madwifi                                                        |
madwifi                       | No      | No
#


I couldn't reach download.opensuse.org at all this evening though - so I set
up additional OSS and update repos from heanet.ie :

ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/ftp.opensuse.org/opensuse/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/
ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/ftp.opensuse.org/opensuse/update/11.0/

and I was able to install some other updates but still not
java-1_6_0-openjdk - same errors as before.

download.opensuse.org is now back again, but I still can't apply this update.
According to Yast, timezone-java is supplied by the java-1_6_0-openjdk
package itself... does that explain the messages about the conflict with
itself?


Cheers

Eoin

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

proxy-suite for 11.1?

Ralf Ronneburger
Hi everyone,

is it correct that proxy-suite is missing in OpenSuSE 11.1? In the
OpenSuSE reference for 11.1 it's still pointed to (in 33.3), but I can't
find it in the repositories. Was it dropped from the distro? And if yes
- what alternatives would you suggest for a light-weight ftp proxy?

Greetings,

Ralf
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: proxy-suite for 11.1?

Marcus Meissner
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 02:09:50PM +0100, Ralf Ronneburger wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> is it correct that proxy-suite is missing in OpenSuSE 11.1? In the
> OpenSuSE reference for 11.1 it's still pointed to (in 33.3), but I can't
> find it in the repositories. Was it dropped from the distro? And if yes
> - what alternatives would you suggest for a light-weight ftp proxy?

Was dropped:
"No time to implement support for SSL/TLS, SASL, IPv6, ... Project is dead."

squid is probably not lightweight enough.

Ciao, Marcus
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: java-1_6_0-openjdk update fails - 11.0 x64

David Hücking
In reply to this post by Marcus Meissner
On Dienstag 10 März 2009 22:01:46 Marcus Meissner wrote:
[...]

> > just got nearly the same problem...
> > --- 8< ---
> > Problem: Solvable java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.4_b14-24.2.i586 conflicts with
> > tzdata-java provided by itself
> >  Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
> >   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
> >   deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
> >  Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_6_0-openjdk-578.noarch
> >
> > Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]: ^C
> > --- 8< ---
> > So what's wrong here?
>
> It needs timezone-java from the OSS repo... briefly add/enable the OSS
> repo then the update should go through.
>
> Ciao, Marcus

Hmm, OSS for 11.0 is enabled:
--- 8< ---
moria:/etc/zypp/repos.d # cat repo-oss.repo
[repo-oss]
name=openSUSE-11.0-Oss
baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/
path=/
type=yast2
enabled=1
priority=120
autorefresh=0
gpgcheck=1
keeppackages=0
--- 8< ---

But still:
--- 8< ---moria:/etc/zypp/repos.d # zypper update
Reading installed packages...

Problem: Solvable java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.4_b14-24.2.i586 conflicts with tzdata-
java provided by itself
 Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
  deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
  deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
 Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_6_0-openjdk-578.noarch

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]:
--- 8< ---

ok but I now choose option 1:
--- 8< ---
Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]: 1
Resolving dependencies...                                

The following packages are going to be upgraded:
  vim gvim vim-data vim-base hal PolicyKit gtk2 gtk2-devel


The following NEW patches are going to be installed:
  gvim hal PolicyKit gtk2 java-1_6_0-openjdk        


The following packages are going to be REMOVED:
  java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel java-1_6_0-openjdk  


Overall download size: 10.3 M. After the operation, 102.5 M will be freed.
Continue? [YES/no]:                                                      
Removing java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1 [done]                      
Removing java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1 [done]          
[...]
--- 8< ---

...so no openjdk... 1_6_0 anymore installed:
--- 8< ---moria:/etc/zypp/repos.d # rpm -qa | grep 1_6_0
java-1_6_0-sun-1.6.0.u12-1.2
--- 8< ---

...a re-install:
--- 8< ---
moria:/etc/zypp/repos.d # zypper install java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel java-1_6_0-
openjdk
Reading installed packages...

The following NEW packages are going to be installed:
  java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel java-1_6_0-openjdk


Overall download size: 29.7 M. After the operation, additional 104.1 M will be
used.
Continue? [YES/no]:
Downloading package java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586 (1/2), 22.8 M (74.2 M
unpacked)
Downloading: java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586.rpm [done (1.4 M/s)]
Installing: java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1 [done]
Downloading package java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1.i586 (2/2), 6.9 M
(29.9 M unpacked)
Downloading: java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1.i586.rpm [done (1005.8 K/s)]
Installing: java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1 [done]
--- 8< ---

...here we are again:
--- 8< ---
moria:/etc/zypp/repos.d # rpm -qa | grep 1_6_0
java-1_6_0-sun-1.6.0.u12-1.2
java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1
java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1
--- 8< ---

...with the same problem:
--- 8< ---
moria:/etc/zypp/repos.d # zypper update
Reading installed packages...

Problem: Solvable java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.4_b14-24.2.i586 conflicts with tzdata-
java provided by itself
 Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
  deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-devel-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
  deinstallation of java-1_6_0-openjdk-1.2_b09-9.1.i586
 Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_6_0-openjdk-578.noarch

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]:
--- 8< ---



Kind regards, David.
--
Eat, sleep and go running,
David Hücking. ;->

Encrypted eMail welcome!
GnuPG/ PGP-Key: 0x57809216. Fingerprint:
3DF2 CBE0 DFAA 4164 02C2  4E2A E005 8DF7 5780 9216

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: java-1_6_0-openjdk update fails - 11.0 x64

Eoin Kirwan-3
On Wed 11 Mar 2009, David Huecking wrote:
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]:
> --- 8< ---
>
> ok but I now choose option 1:
> ...here we are again:
> ...with the same problem:


Tonight (on 11.0, x64) I chose option 1 and java-1_6_0-openjdk was deleted,
java-1_7_0-icedtea-1.5_b24-9.2 was installed, from the description in Yast -
Software Management, it seems to replace java-1_6_0-openjdk. Seems the issue
here is that the 'update' is really a different package. Messy (that's not
openSUSE's fault), but openSUSE updater should handle problems better and not
just fail silently. Many users aren't going to be able to delve into zypper
to see what's going on, in this situation the GUI tool fails silently with no
error message to enable them to seek help.


Regards

Eoin



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]