is there a way to disable kscreenlock?

stephan beal
Hiya!

i've got a Suse 10.1 PC here on which my girlfriend and i are both
continuously logged in to KDE. When switching between sessions, the KDE
screen locker is almost always active (but not always - it is very
inconsistent), and it is frustrating to have to enter my password 20
times per day.

Is there a way to completely disable the screen locker?

Many thanks in advance for any tips...

--
----- [hidden email]   http://s11n.net
"...pleasure is a grace and is not obedient to the commands

Re: is there a way to disable kscreenlock?

Roger Oberholtzer
On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 14:06 +0200, stephan beal wrote:
> Hiya!
>
> i've got a Suse 10.1 PC here on which my girlfriend and i are both
> continuously logged in to KDE. When switching between sessions, the KDE
> screen locker is almost always active (but not always - it is very
> inconsistent), and it is frustrating to have to enter my password 20
> times per day.
>
> Is there a way to completely disable the screen locker?

I do not know about when switching sessions. But I saw that 10.1 would
do a screen lock for a screen saver even though I had not asked for it
and it did not show as the screen saver in the desktop config. However,
when I simply saved the screen saver config again, the lock went away.
This probably does not apply to session switching.

> Many thanks in advance for any tips...

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB
Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Tel: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Fax: Int +46 8-31 42 23

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

On Thursday 10 August 2006 14:47, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> I do not know about when switching sessions. But I saw that 10.1
> would do a screen lock for a screen saver even though I had not asked
> for it and it did not show as the screen saver in the desktop config.

It does that, too, but inconsistently. Sometimes it will kick in after
10 minutes, sometimes after 2 hours, sometimes never. There appears to
be no rhyme nor reason to its logic.

> However, when I simply saved the screen saver config again, the lock
> went away.

i'll try that - i haven't jacked with the screen saver config except to
look for a way to turn off the locker.

> This probably does not apply to session switching.

Probably not, but that might fix half of the problem. Thanks :)