invalid Leap 42.2 ppc64le repo selection from cd-mini iso

invalid Leap 42.2 ppc64le repo selection from cd-mini iso

Michel Normand
The first install of Leap 42.2 ppc64le network install (1) is failing because of invalid repo location (2)

I assume this is related to the bad REPO_LOCATION setup in kiwi file (3)

I do not know what source file to change as files in (3) are autogenerated.

(1) http://download.opensuse.org/ports/ppc/distribution/leap/42.2-Current/iso/openSUSE-Leap-42.2-NET-ppc64le-Build0061-Media.iso
(2)
===
Sending DHCP request to eth0...
ok, ip = 192.168.122.60/24
error 22: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found <= fail1
Please make sure your installation medium is available.
Choose the URL to retry.
0) <-- Back <--
1) http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/
2) Enter another URL
===
(3) https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Leap:42.2:Ports/_product:openSUSE-cd-mini-ppc64le/openSUSE-cd-mini-ppc64le.kiwi?expand=1
     https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Leap:42.2:Ports/_product:openSUSE-dvd5-dvd-ppc64le/openSUSE-dvd5-dvd-ppc64le.kiwi?expand=1
===
   <productoption name="REPO_LOCATION">http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/</productoption>
===

On 10/02/2015 04:01 PM, Normand wrote:

> On 02/10/2015 13:47, Dinar Valeev wrote:
>> On 10/02/2015 01:31 PM, Normand wrote:
>>> Hello Dinar,
>>>
>>>  From where are supposed to be retrieved the ppc iso files for PowerPC Leap ?
>>> There is no iso directory yet in (1) (similar to what is done for TW in (2))
>>>
>>> I only found the net iso net (3) but that needs a userid/password to retrieve it.
>>>

>>> (1) http://download.opensuse.org/ports/ppc/distribution/leap/
>>> (2) http://download.opensuse.org/ports/ppc/factory/iso
>>> (3) https://api.opensuse.org/build/openSUSE:Leap:42.1:Ports/images_ppc/local/_product:openSUSE-cd-mini-ppc64le/openSUSE-Leap-42.1-NET-ppc64le-Build0030-Media.iso
>> Hi, there are publishing problems, you could fetch isos with osc getbinaries:
>> osc getbinaries openSUSE:Leap:42.1:Ports/_product:openSUSE-dvd5-dvd-ppc64le/images_ppc/local
>> osc getbinaries openSUSE:Leap:42.1:Ports/_product:openSUSE-cd-mini-ppc64le/images_ppc/local
>
> Thank you for the information Dinar,
> I retrieved as suggestedthe cd-mini-ppc64le via getbinaries
> as openSUSE-Leap-42.1-NET-ppc64le-Build0030-Media.iso
> and tried a guest install from it.
>
> By default the installer is using repo address (1) that failed
> I need to manually set to (2) to be able to start the install.
>
> Is this problem related to the setup of "productoption" in (3) ?
>
> What is the setup that place all the rpms for ppc64le in (2) ?
> Do we need some symbolic link on download server to reroute from (2b) to (2)
>
> ===
> (1) http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.1/repo/oss/
> (2) http://download.opensuse.org/ports/ppc/distribution/leap/42.1-Current/repo/oss/
> (2b)http://download.opensuse.org/ports/ppc/distribution/leap/42.1/repo/oss/
> ===
> (4) https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Leap:42.1:Ports/_product:openSUSE-cd-mini-ppc64le/openSUSE-cd-mini-ppc64le.kiwi?expand=1
> <productoption name="REPO_LOCATION">http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.1/repo/oss/</productoption>
Ah repo_location is used by KIWI to update grub cfg on the media, but this is not implemented on Power :(

https://github.com/openSUSE/kiwi/blob/master/distribution/kiwi-instsource-plugins-openSUSE-13-2/KIWIMiniIsoPlugin.pm#L98
> ===
>

>> Have fun,
>> Dinar

Re: invalid Leap 42.2 ppc64le repo selection from cd-mini iso

Dirk Müller
Am 12.07.2016 um 14:07 schrieb Michel Normand:

Hi Michel,

> I assume this is related to the bad REPO_LOCATION setup in kiwi file (3)

this should be fixed now.

Greetings,
Dirk