init 0 makes a restart on 10.1

Thomas Bley-3

Hi all,
my KDE does a restart although I am klicking on shutdown. Also, wenn I
do a init 0 in a console, the system does a init 6.

KDE is updated to 3.5.4.

Does anyone have an ides why ?

regards
Thomas

For additional commands, email: [hidden email]
Please do not cross-post to suse-linux-e

Re: init 0 makes a restart on 10.1

BandiPat
On Friday 11 August 2006 06:07, Thomas Bley wrote:

> Hi all,
> my KDE does a restart although I am klicking on shutdown. Also, wenn
> I do a init 0 in a console, the system does a init 6.
>
> KDE is updated to 3.5.4.
>
> Does anyone have an ides why ?
>
> regards
> Thomas
=========

Have you tried "shutdown -h now" from a root shell?  Another one you
could try is "poweroff", to see if the computer shuts down as it
should.  What about your ACPI?  This just started happening, yes?  If
so, what were the last things you installed or updated?

regards,
Lee

For additional commands, email: [hidden email]
Please do not cross-post to suse-linux-e

Re: init 0 makes a restart on 10.1

Thomas Bley-3

Hi,
well all your mentioned options arent working. ACPI is turned off since
USB wont work otherwise.

And, Knoppix also must be started with acpi=off otherwise nu USB. So
again, another F*****G hardware incompatibility with Linux.

**** Acer.

(sorry, it took ages to have it running and now this kind of probs ...)
:-((

regrads
Thomas