https://software.opensuse.org/ down

Roger Oberholtzer-2
https://software.opensuse.org/ seems to be down all morning. Is this scheduled?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Re: https://software.opensuse.org/ down

Per Jessen
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> https://software.opensuse.org/ seems to be down all morning. Is this
> scheduled?

It's working from here.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-0.6°C)
http://www.hostsuisse.com/ - dedicated server rental in Switzerland.

Re: https://software.opensuse.org/ down

Stakanov Schufter
In data giovedì 5 gennaio 2017 13:41:12, Per Jessen ha scritto:
> Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> > https://software.opensuse.org/ seems to be down all morning. Is this
> > scheduled?
>
> It's working from here.
Down if called from Belgium.
Tried with:
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/software.opensuse.org too.
Down also for this website.
In my browser it gives:
504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time.

Re: https://software.opensuse.org/ down

jdd@dodin.org
Le 05/01/2017 à 13:41, Per Jessen a écrit :
> Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>
>> https://software.opensuse.org/ seems to be down all morning. Is this
>> scheduled?
>
> It's working from here.

but not for me :-(

jdd

Le 05/01/2017 à 14:05, jdd a écrit :

> Le 05/01/2017 à 13:41, Per Jessen a écrit :
>> Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>>
>>> https://software.opensuse.org/ seems to be down all morning. Is this
>>> scheduled?
>>
>> It's working from here.
>>

> but not for me :-(
>
> jdd

was 503 (maintenance), but now it turns without responding, looks like a
rebooting server

jdd

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:07 PM, jdd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 05/01/2017 à 14:05, jdd a écrit :

>>> It's working from here.
>>>

>> but not for me :-(
>>
>> jdd
>>
> was 503 (maintenance), but now it turns without responding, looks like a
> rebooting server

I'm trying to port apache 2.4.25 to openSUSE 12.3 (IT guys complaining
about a server - don't ask). And locating the bits I need to make the
RPMs goes so much better when I can use this site. I try to use the
latest source RPMs on OBS so that the built RPMs are openSUSE-ish. I
really dislike this activity as I really need to ensure that the web
services (trac, subversion, a joomla site) return without a glitch...

Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:07 PM, jdd <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> but not for me :-(
>>>
>>> jdd
>>>
>> was 503 (maintenance), but now it turns without responding, looks
>> like a rebooting server
>
> I'm trying to port apache 2.4.25 to openSUSE 12.3 (IT guys complaining
> about a server - don't ask).

I think I built apache 2.4.6 for openSUSE 12.3 about three years ago,
afair no particular issues.

> goes so much better when I can use this site. I try to use the
> latest source RPMs on OBS so that the built RPMs are openSUSE-ish. I
> really dislike this activity as I really need to ensure that the web
> services (trac, subversion, a joomla site) return without a glitch...

if it's any comfort, upgrading apache has never caused me any problems
for the running services.  Upgrading the running services can be much
more of a headache (occasionally).

Anyway, https://software/opensuse.org is still working fine here.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-0.6°C)
http://www.dns24.ch/ - free dynamic DNS, made in Switzerland.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Per Jessen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> if it's any comfort, upgrading apache has never caused me any problems
> for the running services.  Upgrading the running services can be much
> more of a headache (occasionally).

Making RPMs for 2.4.25 has progressed as expected. I have not
installed them yet because I want to have all needed RPMs happy before
I make the move.

My problem is the apache modules I use. I am fighting with mod_dav_svn
(part of the subversion package). My current version is 1.7.19, and I
have found the src RPM on OBS. I have resolved all RPM dependencies.
The build starts, but the configure step dies looking for KWallet. I
don't want that capability. I either resolve it or disable it. And
https://software/opensuse.org helps with all this.

I should just update the whole server. But I thought updating only
apache and the mods I use would be easier. A few hours have passed...

--
Roger Oberholtzer