happauge wintv pvr 150

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

happauge wintv pvr 150

Steve Reilly
Hi all,


have been trying to get this card working for more than 2 weeks on and off with no success.  i am using 10.1 with 1gig of ram, nvidia card on a compaq pc.  fresh re install of 10.1 with the card installed as of 3 weeks ago, all multimedia codecs from pakman installed, v4l installed, ivtv module installed.   when i open yast and try to configure the autodetected card, i scan for stations using ntsc, us - cable and it finds none (using ivtv) i know the connection is good, a tv has been hooked to it for years.  have been googling to death, and have not found any solutions.  

steve@dad:~> kaffeine
kbuildsycoca running...
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 : : No such file or directory
QLayout "unnamed" added to QWidget "unnamed", which already has a layout



steve@dad:~>dmesg

ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 card (cx23416 based)
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:09.0[A] -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 217
tuner 4-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
cx25840 4-0044: cx25843-23 found @ 0x88 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
cx25840 4-0044: unable to open firmware v4l-cx25840.fw
wm8775 4-001b: chip found @ 0x36 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
tveeprom 4-0050: Hauppauge model 26582, rev F0B2, serial# 9602174
tveeprom 4-0050: tuner model is TCL M2523_5N_E (idx 112, type 4)
tveeprom 4-0050: TV standards NTSC(M) (eeprom 0x08)
tveeprom 4-0050: audio processor is CX25843 (idx 37)
tveeprom 4-0050: decoder processor is CX25843 (idx 30)
tveeprom 4-0050: has no radio, has no IR remote
ivtv0: unable to open firmware v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw
ivtv0: did you put the firmware in the hotplug firmware directory?
ivtv0 warning: failed loading encoder firmware
ivtv0 warning: Error loading firmware -3!
ivtv0: Error -3 initializing firmware.
ivtv0: Error -12 on initialization
ivtv: probe of 0000:00:09.0 failed with error -12



steve@dad:~> lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ipv6                  216704  14
irtty_sir               6016  2
sir_dev                15788  1 irtty_sir
ircomm_tty             21384  0
ircomm                 12676  1 ircomm_tty
irda                  104376  3 sir_dev,ircomm_tty,ircomm
crc_ccitt               2176  1 irda
snd_pcm_oss            42752  0
snd_mixer_oss          16256  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_seq                46960  0
af_packet              19464  2
edd                     8516  0
ir_kbd_i2c              7820  0
ir_common               9220  1 ir_kbd_i2c
button                  6672  0
battery                 9476  0
ac                      4996  0
apparmor               48412  0
aamatch_pcre           13440  1 apparmor
loop                   14856  0
sg                     30620  0
dm_mod                 52200  0
wm8775                  5644  0
usb_storage            69952  0
cx25840                20880  0
tda9887                14736  0
tuner                  45100  0
v4l2_common             7552  1 tuner
shpchp                 39104  0
pci_hotplug            23988  1 shpchp
ivtv                  161680  0
firmware_class          9728  2 cx25840,ivtv
ohci1394               29360  0
snd_via82xx            26008  1
gameport               13704  1 snd_via82xx
ieee1394               87480  1 ohci1394
nvidia               4568020  12
via_rhine              20868  0
mii                     5120  1 via_rhine
snd_ac97_codec         82848  1 snd_via82xx
snd_ac97_bus            2176  1 snd_ac97_codec
snd_pcm                79880  3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_via82xx,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer              20868  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc          9608  2 snd_via82xx,snd_pcm
via_agp                 9472  1
v4l1_compat            11780  1 ivtv
snd_mpu401_uart         6912  1 snd_via82xx
agpgart                28976  2 nvidia,via_agp
i2c_viapro              7956  0
tveeprom               13584  1 ivtv
snd_rawmidi            23424  1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd_seq_device          7948  2 snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
snd                    50692  12 snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_seq,snd_via82xx,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
soundcore               8672  1 snd
i2c_core               19472  9 ir_kbd_i2c,wm8775,cx25840,tda9887,tuner,ivtv,nvidia,i2c_viapro,tveeprom
videodev                8832  1 ivtv
ide_cd                 35360  1
cdrom                  32288  1 ide_cd
ehci_hcd               26760  0
uhci_hcd               27280  0
usbcore               108804  4 usb_storage,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd
parport_pc             34916  1
lp                     10692  0
parport                31944  2 parport_pc,lp
reiserfs              209664  2
fan                     4612  0
thermal                13448  0
processor              22468  1 thermal
via82cxxx               8196  0 [permanent]
sata_via                8196  0
libata                 65168  1 sata_via
sd_mod                 16144  0
scsi_mod              121992  4 sg,usb_storage,libata,sd_mod
ide_disk               14976  4
ide_core              115900  4 usb_storage,ide_cd,via82cxxx,ide_disk
steve@dad:~>


thank you for any help at all!!!



steve







 
---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 Get on board. You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: happauge wintv pvr 150

Bryan S. Tyson
On Monday 07 August 2006 22:11, Steve Reilly wrote:

> have been trying to get this card working for more than 2 weeks on and off
> with no success.  i am using 10.1 with 1gig of ram, nvidia card on a compaq
> pc.  fresh re install of 10.1 with the card installed as of 3 weeks ago,
> all multimedia codecs from pakman installed, v4l installed, ivtv module
> installed.
> ivtv0: unable to open firmware v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw
> ivtv0: did you put the firmware in the hotplug firmware directory?
> ivtv0 warning: failed loading encoder firmware
> ivtv0 warning: Error loading firmware -3!
> ivtv0: Error -3 initializing firmware.
> ivtv0: Error -12 on initialization
> ivtv: probe of 0000:00:09.0 failed with error -12

Those messages make me think perhaps you did not download / extract the
firmware, or possibly you put it in the wrong directory.

Some discussion of the firmware aspect is available in these two links, which
unfortunately are not written for SuSE, but hopefully might have the clues
you need:

http://hyams.webhop.net/mythtv/myth_ubuntu.html (go to step 5)
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=186747

Bear in mind I am on Kubuntu, but in my case following the above two sites got
me a working PVR 150.

Bryan

***************************************
Powered by Kubuntu Linux 6.06
KDE 3.5.2    KMail 1.9.1
This is a Microsoft-free computer

Bryan S. Tyson
[hidden email]
***************************************

--
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to [hidden email]
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: happauge wintv pvr 150

richard-g8jvm
In reply to this post by Steve Reilly
On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 19:11 -0700, Steve Reilly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>
> have been trying to get this card working for more than 2 weeks on and off with no success.  i am using 10.1 with 1gig of ram, nvidia card on a compaq pc.  fresh re install of 10.1 with the card installed as of 3 weeks ago, all multimedia codecs from pakman installed, v4l installed, ivtv module installed.   when i open yast and try to configure the autodetected card, i scan for stations using ntsc, us - cable and it finds none (using ivtv) i know the connection is good, a tv has been hooked to it for years.  have been googling to death, and have not found any solutions.  
>
> steve@dad:~> kaffeine
> kbuildsycoca running...
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 : : No such file or directory
> QLayout "unnamed" added to QWidget "unnamed", which already has a layout

I get exactly the same message when kaffeine is started, try using
xawtv, to check whether card is detecting any tv stations.
And its really worth while subscribing to the Video 4 linux list.
The conexant chipsets have given me , and others, grief in the past.

You will find the V4L list here
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/video4linux-list

Dont be put off by the word redhat, its only where its hosted.

HTH

Richard




--
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to [hidden email]
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]