filesystem package broke Base:System for aarch64 - system-users circular dependency

filesystem package broke Base:System for aarch64 - system-users circular dependency

Andreas Färber
Hi Thorsten and Marcus,

The Base:System devel project is broken for aarch64 after
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/502571 (filesystem) and
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/502534 (system-users):

Both the filesystem and system-users packages are unresolvable due to
dependency on user(root) and group(root) provided by system-users.

I.e., it seems the filesystem package was rebuilt with new Requires
before the updated system-users providing them got scheduled to build. A
versioned BuildRequires in filesystem would've been one way to block it
from getting built too early; waiting for system-users to rebuild on all
architectures before submitting/accepting the filesystem SR would've
been a more manual solution for Base:System (that might not work for
Factory though).

For Base:System:Staging I have switched to building against Factory
instead of Base:System for now, restoring the build of the new U-Boot
packages there, but Base:System remains unresolvable for aarch64.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/Base:System?arch_aarch64=1&blocked=1&broken=1&building=1&defaults=0&deleting=1&dispatching=1&failed=1&finished=1&locked=1&repo_openSUSE_Factory_ARM=1&scheduled=1&signing=1&succeeded=1&unresolvable=1

Please find a way to fix this (e.g., temporarily disable use-for-build
for filesystem on aarch64 to use the still-working Factory filesystem,
or copy/aggregate the new noarch system-users into aarch64), and make
sure this doesn't happen again when submitting your changes to Factory.

Thanks,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: filesystem package broke Base:System for aarch64 - system-users circular dependency

Marcus Meissner
Hi,

I try to fix it up
On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 07:10:29PM +0200, Andreas Färber wrote:

> Hi Thorsten and Marcus,
>
> The Base:System devel project is broken for aarch64 after
> https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/502571 (filesystem) and
> https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/502534 (system-users):
>
> Both the filesystem and system-users packages are unresolvable due to
> dependency on user(root) and group(root) provided by system-users.
>
> I.e., it seems the filesystem package was rebuilt with new Requires
> before the updated system-users providing them got scheduled to build. A
> versioned BuildRequires in filesystem would've been one way to block it
> from getting built too early; waiting for system-users to rebuild on all
> architectures before submitting/accepting the filesystem SR would've
> been a more manual solution for Base:System (that might not work for
> Factory though).
>
> For Base:System:Staging I have switched to building against Factory
> instead of Base:System for now, restoring the build of the new U-Boot
> packages there, but Base:System remains unresolvable for aarch64.
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/Base:System?arch_aarch64=1&blocked=1&broken=1&building=1&defaults=0&deleting=1&dispatching=1&failed=1&finished=1&locked=1&repo_openSUSE_Factory_ARM=1&scheduled=1&signing=1&succeeded=1&unresolvable=1
>
> Please find a way to fix this (e.g., temporarily disable use-for-build
> for filesystem on aarch64 to use the still-working Factory filesystem,
> or copy/aggregate the new noarch system-users into aarch64), and make
> sure this doesn't happen again when submitting your changes to Factory.
>
> Thanks,
> Andreas
>
> --
> SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
> GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
> HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: filesystem package broke Base:System for aarch64 - system-users circular dependency

Andreas Schwab-2
On Jun 12 2017, Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I try to fix it up

ppc has the same problem.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7