feature request for Leap 15 - update to latest hp-libs - Samsung printer driver (now only through hp-lib software setup)

feature request for Leap 15 - update to latest hp-libs - Samsung printer driver (now only through hp-lib software setup)

Stakanov Schufter
Samsung proprietary printer driver where available formerly by Samsung support
site through a CLI script ULD (universal samsung linux drivers) that did run
the installation.
Samsung did sell their whole printer assets to HP. As a result of this, Linux
printer drivers for Samsung printers are not available any more.

There are substantially 2 solutions: you use the lates hplib software (that is
what I would like to ask for for the Leap 15 version, an update to the latest
hplibs as suggested by hp)
Or you buy another printer and give the other as a gift to s.b. who uses
windows or apple.

You can imagine that I am keen to favor solution 1.

For who is owning a Samsung printer and found a "ULD" on the net: these
websites are fake Samsung sites with Samsung colors and nobody knows what in
theses "Printer drivers" is. So you may install back doors, malware etc.
I highly suggest you wait for the situation to settle and / or use an older
version of ULD, if still in your possession.

Regards.