factory-auto declines deletion request of linked package

factory-auto declines deletion request of linked package

Michal Srb
Hi,

I am trying to request deletion of openSUSE:Factory/lldb4 which is a link to
openSUSE:Factory/llvm4. It was there because llvm4 was multispec package with
llvm4.spec and lldb4.spec files in it, but since sr#532127 it won't be
anymore. The original packages from lldb4.spec will be subpackages in
llvm4.spec.

The request is automatically declined with following message:
"This is an incorrect request, it's a linked package to openSUSE:Factory/
llvm4"

Why is that a reason to decline the request? Is there some other way to delete
linked packages?

Thanks,
Michal Srb

Re: factory-auto declines deletion request of linked package

Stephan Kulow-3
Am 06.10.2017 um 10:45 schrieb Michal Srb:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to request deletion of openSUSE:Factory/lldb4 which is a link to
> openSUSE:Factory/llvm4. It was there because llvm4 was multispec package with
> llvm4.spec and lldb4.spec files in it, but since sr#532127 it won't be
> anymore. The original packages from lldb4.spec will be subpackages in
> llvm4.spec.
>
> The request is automatically declined with following message:
> "This is an incorrect request, it's a linked package to openSUSE:Factory/
> llvm4"
>
> Why is that a reason to decline the request? Is there some other way to delete
> linked packages?

Yes, stop providing the 2nd spec file in llvm4 - then accepting that
request will remove the link.

Greetings, Stephan