can I use YaST2 Product Creator to create remastered 10.3 ISO?

can I use YaST2 Product Creator to create remastered 10.3 ISO?

Bugzilla from carlos.lange@ualberta.ca
From this nice overview of the new Creator tools in  YaST2:
http://news.opensuse.org/?p=478
I get the impression that I can use the Product Creator, the 10.3 GM DVD
and the repositories to create a remastered 10.3 DVD with all the bug
fixes to date (including the infamous Repair Tool).

In addition, I can select only the patterns that we really need in my
laboratory, including development tools and leaving all the server
packages out.

Am I understanding this right?
--
Carlos FL

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?

Re: can I use YaST2 Product Creator to create remastered 10.3 ISO?

Jiri Suchomel
On so 3. listopadu 2007, Carlos F Lange wrote:
> From this nice overview of the new Creator tools in  YaST2:
> http://news.opensuse.org/?p=478
> I get the impression that I can use the Product Creator, the 10.3 GM DVD
> and the repositories to create a remastered 10.3 DVD with all the bug
> fixes to date (including the infamous Repair Tool).

Yes, you can include the fixes on the new medium. Unfortunately, these will be
only available for installation, the layout of so called inst-sys (= the
system available during installation) is not adapted. However, it would be a
nice feature to offer its modifications in the product-creator UI.

> In addition, I can select only the patterns that we really need in my
> laboratory, including development tools and leaving all the server
> packages out.

Yes, this is possible.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                            e-mail: [hidden email]
Lihovarsk√° 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 028 960
190 00 Praha 9, Czech Republic                http://www.suse.cz