calibre does no longer work on tumbleweed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

calibre does no longer work on tumbleweed

Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE (External)
Hi,

since a few days calibre does no longer work here on my Tumblewee machine.

Starting as user gives:

t510w:~> calibre
python2: siplib.c:12299: sipEnumType_alloc: Zusicherung
»sipTypeIsEnum(currentType)« nicht erfüllt. Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug
geschrieben)

while starting as root gives some more information:

t510w:~ # calibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 20, in <module>
    sys.exit(calibre())
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 69, in calibre
    main(args)
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 533, in main
    app, opts, args = init_qt(args)
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 104, in init_qt
    app = Application(args, override_program_name=override)
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 962, in
__init__ self.load_calibre_style()
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 1074, in
load_calibre_style self.pi.load_style(icon_map)
TypeError: a dict value has type 'unicode' but 'QString' is expected

Since I'm not a python expert I've no idea what needs to be checked.

System is a Lenovo t510 laptop with tumbleweed, packman, x2go and
Bumblebee repo enabled. All updates done.
Calibre 2.71.0-1.1 is  installed in 64bit version from standard repo.

Any ideas?

Andreas

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: calibre does no longer work on tumbleweed

Francesco Montesano
Hi Andreas,

2016-11-29 7:21 GMT+01:00 Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> since a few days calibre does no longer work here on my Tumblewee machine.

That has been noticed: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1011610

I have added all the calibre developers (from
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Documentation:Tools/calibre)
in cc to the bug.

@Andreas: do you mind adding the traceback to the bug?

Ciao,

Fra

>
> Starting as user gives:
>
> t510w:~> calibre
> python2: siplib.c:12299: sipEnumType_alloc: Zusicherung
> »sipTypeIsEnum(currentType)« nicht erfüllt. Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug
> geschrieben)
>
> while starting as root gives some more information:
>
> t510w:~ # calibre
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 20, in <module>
>     sys.exit(calibre())
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 69, in calibre
>     main(args)
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 533, in main
>     app, opts, args = init_qt(args)
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 104, in init_qt
>     app = Application(args, override_program_name=override)
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 962, in
> __init__ self.load_calibre_style()
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 1074, in
> load_calibre_style self.pi.load_style(icon_map)
> TypeError: a dict value has type 'unicode' but 'QString' is expected
>
> Since I'm not a python expert I've no idea what needs to be checked.
>
> System is a Lenovo t510 laptop with tumbleweed, packman, x2go and
> Bumblebee repo enabled. All updates done.
> Calibre 2.71.0-1.1 is  installed in 64bit version from standard repo.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: calibre does no longer work on tumbleweed

Eric Schirra-3
In reply to this post by Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE (External)
Am 2016-11-29 07:21, schrieb Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE:

> Hi,
>
> since a few days calibre does no longer work here on my Tumblewee
> machine.
>
> Starting as user gives:
>
> t510w:~> calibre
> python2: siplib.c:12299: sipEnumType_alloc: Zusicherung
> »sipTypeIsEnum(currentType)« nicht erfüllt. Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug
> geschrieben)
>
> while starting as root gives some more information:
>
> t510w:~ # calibre
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 20, in <module>
>     sys.exit(calibre())
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 69, in calibre
>     main(args)
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 533, in main
>     app, opts, args = init_qt(args)
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 104, in init_qt
>     app = Application(args, override_program_name=override)
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 962, in
> __init__ self.load_calibre_style()
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 1074, in
> load_calibre_style self.pi.load_style(icon_map)
> TypeError: a dict value has type 'unicode' but 'QString' is expected
>
> Since I'm not a python expert I've no idea what needs to be checked.
>
> System is a Lenovo t510 laptop with tumbleweed, packman, x2go and
> Bumblebee repo enabled. All updates done.
> Calibre 2.71.0-1.1 is  installed in 64bit version from standard repo.

Does it run from my repo?

https://software.opensuse.org/ymp/home:ecsos/openSUSE_Factory/calibre.ymp?base=openSUSE%3AFactory&query=calibre


--
Regards
         Eric
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: calibre does no longer work on tumbleweed

Francesco Montesano
Hi Eric,

2016-11-29 9:43 GMT+01:00 Eric Schirra <[hidden email]>:
> Am 2016-11-29 07:21, schrieb Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE:
>>[...]
>
>
> Does it run from my repo?
>
> https://software.opensuse.org/ymp/home:ecsos/openSUSE_Factory/calibre.ymp?base=openSUSE%3AFactory&query=calibre

Yes it does.
On the bug, Cor Blom asked if the official version works, and
fortunately it does. He wrote that he will update to the lastest
version.

Thank for repo

Ciao,

Fra

>
>
> --
> Regards
>         Eric
>
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: calibre does no longer work on tumbleweed

Francesco Montesano
An update

2016-11-29 10:17 GMT+01:00 Francesco Montesano <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Eric,
>
> 2016-11-29 9:43 GMT+01:00 Eric Schirra <[hidden email]>:
>> Am 2016-11-29 07:21, schrieb Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE:
>>>[...]
>>
>>
>> Does it run from my repo?
>>
>> https://software.opensuse.org/ymp/home:ecsos/openSUSE_Factory/calibre.ymp?base=openSUSE%3AFactory&query=calibre
>
> Yes it does.

But crashes when closing:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 997, in closeEvent
   self.shutdown(write_settings=False)
 File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 922, in shutdown
   self.update_checker.shutdown()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'shutdown'

Ciao,

Fra

> [...]
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: calibre does no longer work on tumbleweed

Cor Blom
Op 29-11-16 om 10:19 schreef Francesco Montesano:
> But crashes when closing:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 997, in closeEvent
>    self.shutdown(write_settings=False)
>  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 922, in shutdown
>    self.update_checker.shutdown()
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'shutdown'

https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=993644

which is solved.

Cor

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: calibre does no longer work on tumbleweed

Cor Blom
In reply to this post by Eric Schirra-3
Op 29-11-16 om 09:43 schreef Eric Schirra:
> Does it run from my repo?
>
> https://software.opensuse.org/ymp/home:ecsos/openSUSE_Factory/calibre.ymp?base=openSUSE%3AFactory&query=calibre
>

Hi Eric,

Would you be prepared to help me maintain the version in
Documentation:Tools? Then we can combine our effort instead of doing
each our own thing.

Cor

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: calibre does no longer work on tumbleweed

Eric Schirra-3
In reply to this post by Francesco Montesano
Am 2016-11-29 10:19, schrieb Francesco Montesano:

> An update
>
> 2016-11-29 10:17 GMT+01:00 Francesco Montesano
> <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> 2016-11-29 9:43 GMT+01:00 Eric Schirra <[hidden email]>:
>>> Am 2016-11-29 07:21, schrieb Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE:
>>>> [...]
>>>
>>>
>>> Does it run from my repo?
>>>
>>> https://software.opensuse.org/ymp/home:ecsos/openSUSE_Factory/calibre.ymp?base=openSUSE%3AFactory&query=calibre
>>
>> Yes it does.
>
> But crashes when closing:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 997, in closeEvent
>    self.shutdown(write_settings=False)
>  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 922, in shutdown
>    self.update_checker.shutdown()
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'shutdown'

This was long ago for many old releases.

--
Regards
         Eric
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]