build.opensuse.org maintenance on sunday and monday
we reached again new load levels on OBS and need to split
again our main backend servers.
This will happen on coming sunday and will most likely
continue on monday.
What will be affected exactly?
* build.opensuse.org will stay and reachable
* all content on download.opensuse.org will stay
* source changes, requests will remain work
* schedulers for main projects will get stopped.
=> new builds will not start, except for home:*
and openSUSE staging projects.
The builds will get triggered automatically
when we boot the schedulers again.
* projects outside of openSUSE and home namespace may show
an old build state for some time until the final sync
* home:* and openSUSE Staging projects will remain to work
all the time, including building and publishing.
The reward will be more IO throughput later one, which
means faster scheduling and publishing :)
Re: [opensuse-factory] build.opensuse.org maintenance on sunday and monday
On 2 December 2016 at 20:37, Adrian Schröter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> we reached again new load levels on OBS and need to split
> again our main backend servers.
Are there any plans for a cleanup of repositories like there have been
in the past? As you probably know, there are a fair few repositories
that link to packages that fails to build or are already in the main