bash

james-2
I was upgrading sudo zypper dup and got this response:

Problem occurred during or after installation or removal of packages:
Failed to cache rpm database (1).

What does this mean?

Jim.

Re: bash

Patrick Shanahan-2
* James <[hidden email]> [02-01-18 20:56]:
> I was upgrading sudo zypper dup and got this response:
>
> Problem occurred during or after installation or removal of packages:
> Failed to cache rpm database (1).
>
> What does this mean?

you are referring to Tumbleweed?
I would offer your rpmdb is corrupt
perhaps rpmdb --rebuilddb   ### make sure you have a backup

Re: bash

james-2

> * James <[hidden email]> [02-01-18 20:56]:
>> I was upgrading sudo zypper dup and got this response:
>>
>> Problem occurred during or after installation or removal of packages:
>> Failed to cache rpm database (1).
>>
>> What does this mean?
>
> you are referring to Tumbleweed?
> I would offer your rpmdb is corrupt
> perhaps rpmdb --rebuilddb   ### make sure you have a backup

I did that with no issues, next update i'll see how it goes. thanks...

Re: bash

Nathan
For what it is worth, I had this happen to 2 machines of wichh running
 rpmdb --rebuilddb

Corrected the issue without any issues following.

--
Nathan Wolf

On 02/02/2018 07:02 AM, Nathan wrote:
> For what it is worth, I had this happen to 2 machines of wichh running
>  rpmdb --rebuilddb
>
> Corrected the issue without any issues following.

It seems to have worked, so far. However, I have had trouble with the
machine slowing and very hard to boot correctly. After about 8 attempts
at a cold boot, and I walked away for a bit, it booted up. As of now,
apps are somewhat slow to start. So not sure what it means. thanks.

Jim.