archiving mails collectively

jdd@dodin.org
Hello,

I don't know if this is really on topic on this list, because it's not
specific to openSUSE, but the fact is I have to make this works on
openSUSE 42.3 (or following) for my part.

I work in an association (Linux User Group). We have chairman
(president) and associated chairman (vice president) that have nearly
the same goal.

We want to archive the mails from and to these two people when they work
for the lug (of course they have also many other life)

We want to have this as much automatic as possible. We want future
people to be able to read what have been done par predecessors.

We have tried several methods, but none did what was expected.

Say we create a mailbox "[hidden email]".

* If one of the two read the mail, for example imap, it's noted "read"
and the other people is in risk of missing it
* if one of the two inadvertently delete a mail, the other don't see it
* to have the mail sent as "presidence", one have to initiate the mail
in the right mailbox, often this is forgotten

We can also use a mailing list, but the last * is still there

I guess this is not a new problem, can you give me some pointers to one
(or more) solutions.

We don't have our own mail server and have to rely on an other one.
gmail could be a solution (but if we can avoid it it's better).

however we can create as many mailing lists as we want (thanks to our
provider. mailing lists only, no individual mail)

thanks
jdd
--
http://dodin.org

Re: archiving mails collectively

Richmond
[hidden email] wrote:
> * If one of the two read the mail, for example imap, it's noted "read"
> and the other people is in risk of missing it
> * if one of the two inadvertently delete a mail, the other don't see it
> * to have the mail sent as "presidence", one have to initiate the mail
> in the right mailbox, often this is forgotten

Maybe what you need is a news (nntp) server. Then you can post to the
server and each keeps a record of what he has read or not read in his
client.

Le 03/02/2018 à 22:49, Richmond a écrit :

> Maybe what you need is a news (nntp) server. Then you can post to the
> server and each keeps a record of what he has read or not read in his
> client.

could be, but pretty hard to setup (I managed an INN server some time
ago), I do not have any more my own server (for the lug :-()

may be simply cc an archived mailing list?

thanks
jdd

--
http://dodin.org