apparmor-admin_en package - status?

Christian Boltz-5
Hello,

can someone please clarify the status of the apparmor-admin_en package?

Currently it is in factory, but it wasn't touched in the last two years
except specfile cosmetics.

AFAIK the AppArmor documentation was merged into the security guide some
time ago - in other words: the apparmor-admin_en package is probably
obsolete.

Am I right? Should I file a delete request for apparmor-admin_en?

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
> Offeriere denen mal kein ESMTP, dann klappt das schon :)
scnr: Vielleicht sollte er auch Anfragen ob er ihre Dokumente doch nicht
lieber vom Paketdienst abholen lassen soll, da ich vermute dass die das
evtl. noch mit dem Meißel in Stein hauen ...
[> Ralf Hildebrandt und Matthias Haegele in postfixbuch-users]

Re: apparmor-admin_en package - status?

Karl Eichwalder
Christian Boltz <[hidden email]> writes:

> can someone please clarify the status of the apparmor-admin_en package?
>
> Currently it is in factory, but it wasn't touched in the last two years
> except specfile cosmetics.
>
> AFAIK the AppArmor documentation was merged into the security guide some
> time ago - in other words: the apparmor-admin_en package is probably
> obsolete.
>
> Am I right? Should I file a delete request for apparmor-admin_en?

Yes, it is now part of the Security Guide.  A delete rq would be fine,
IMO.

--
Karl Eichwalder                              SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
R&D / Documentation                          Maxfeldstraße 5

Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2012 schrieb Karl Eichwalder:
> Christian Boltz <[hidden email]> writes:
> > AFAIK the AppArmor documentation was merged into the security guide
> > some time ago - in other words: the apparmor-admin_en package is
> > probably obsolete.
> >
> > Am I right? Should I file a delete request for apparmor-admin_en?
>
> Yes, it is now part of the Security Guide.  A delete rq would be fine,
> IMO.

Done, apparmor-admin_en was deleted from Factory.

Can you please add a set of Obsoletes:/Provides: to the Security guide
to clean up existing installations on upgrade? For technical details see
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Upgrade_dependencies_explanation#Merging_a_package

BTW: Do you still need the apparmor-admin_en package in
Security:Apparmor:Factory or can I delete it from there too?

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
.tsi neshcaweg lebanhcS red mhi eiw ,nebierhcs os redej run lloS
senie nebatshcuB netsre ned hcodej nnad uD tsetllos esiewretneuqesnoK

Re: apparmor-admin_en package - status?

Karl Eichwalder
Christian Boltz <[hidden email]> writes:

> Done, apparmor-admin_en was deleted from Factory.
>
> Can you please add a set of Obsoletes:/Provides: to the Security guide
> to clean up existing installations on upgrade? For technical details see
> http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Upgrade_dependencies_explanation#Merging_a_package

Thanks for the reminder!  I added this info to the attributes file in
Documentation/opensuse-manuals_en -- ATM, it does not build, though
(forthcoming daps package require some adjustments).

> BTW: Do you still need the apparmor-admin_en package in
> Security:Apparmor:Factory or can I delete it from there too?

Probably yes--oops, you asked an or question ;)  I'm not familiar with
Security:Apparmor:Factory, but you probably can delete it.