apache2 -DFOREGROUND blocks access to Unix Domain socket

apache2 -DFOREGROUND blocks access to Unix Domain socket

Michael Ströder
HI!

Sorry, I'm pretty new to systemd issues.

I have a FastCGI process invoked by Apache's mod_fcgid which runs just fine
since years. It opens a LDAPI (LDAP over IPC) connection which also used to
work just fine.

But not with the startup via systemd (openSUSE 13.1). The process can open
normal LDAP connections via TCP but not to a Unix Domain Socket. Yes, I've
checked all ownership/permissions and there's no AppArmor or SELinux active.

I've tracked down this to:

When starting like this it does not work:
/usr/sbin/start_apache2 -DSYSTEMD -DFOREGROUND -k start

But leaving away -DFOREGROUND it does work:
/usr/sbin/start_apache2 -DSYSTEMD -k start

Unfortunately naively hunking out -DFOREGROUND from
/usr/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service does also not work.

Any clue? Many thanks in advance.

Ciao, Michael.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: apache2 -DFOREGROUND blocks access to Unix Domain socket

Johannes Segitz
On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 12:37:15AM +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Sorry, I'm pretty new to systemd issues.

I can't help here, sorry. But this isn't really a security issue. You could
give [hidden email] a try.

Johannes
--
Johannes Segitz                                        SUSE Security Team
GPG Key E7C81FA0       EE16 6BCE AD56 E034 BFB3  3ADD 7BF7 29D5 E7C8 1FA0