apache question

Stevens-8
I have Apache 2.0.49 on a Suse 9.1 system and want to bring it up to the
latest version, 2.2.3 and was wondering if that is possible. It looks
like only the source is available (no rpms) and I feel that there may
be too many packages that would need upgrading first. Any thoughts?

Fred

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: apache question

Fajar Priyanto
On Friday 10 November 2006 07:44, Stevens wrote:
> I have Apache 2.0.49 on a Suse 9.1 system and want to bring it up to the
> latest version, 2.2.3 and was wondering if that is possible. It looks
> like only the source is available (no rpms) and I feel that there may
> be too many packages that would need upgrading first. Any thoughts?

Hi Stevens,
You only need to upgrade the related apache's modules, such as php-mysql, etc.
YMMV,
http://linux2.arinet.org
10:10am up 2:05, 2.6.16.13-4-default GNU/Linux

Re: apache question

Per Jessen
Stevens wrote:

> I have Apache 2.0.49 on a Suse 9.1 system and want to bring it up to
> the latest version, 2.2.3 and was wondering if that is possible. It
> looks like only the source is available (no rpms) and I feel that
> there may be too many packages that would need upgrading first. Any
> thoughts?

I think you'll be fine with upgrading using the source-package.  I'm
running 2.0.59 on my 8.2 system.  Why don't you just try it out - get
the tarball, and try to compile it.

Per Jessen, Zurich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - managed email security.