after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account?

Stakanov Schufter
I had several anomalies with my post account in one user.
Now having reinstalled completely the system by holding stable the /home in
the user caring for the main part of postal actions, the start of akonadi also
via akonadictl does fail.
I have here the output, but I do not really understand why only this very user
has a problem with akonadi.
Although this is leap 42.2 I allow myself to post here because I honestly do
not think that the know-how required here is "business as usual". The
knowledge of akonadi related problems are probably more to be found here.

Output:
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
void AdblockManager::reloadConfig() false    AdBlock::AdblockManager(0x18e6a60)
log_akonadicore: Socket error occurred: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer:
Invalid name"
log_akonadicore: Socket error occurred: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer:
Invalid name"
org.kde.akonadi.ETM: GEN true true true
org.kde.akonadi.ETM: collection: QVector()
log_akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial
connection!
log_akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld"
log_akonadiserver: arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/
akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
"--socket=/tmp/akonadi-m
ercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket")
log_akonadiserver: stdout: ""
log_akonadiserver: stderr: "170605 11:34:06 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld
10.0.30-MariaDB) starting as process 21502 ...\n"
log_akonadiserver: exit code: 1
log_akonadiserver: process error: "Process operation timed out"
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-
mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' (111 "Connection refused")'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/akonadi-
mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' exists!
log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove Unix socket
log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
log_akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...
log_akonadicore: "Errore sconosciuto."
log_akonadicore: Job error:  "Errore sconosciuto." for collection: QVector()  

QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'qt_sql_default_connection' is
still in use, all queries will cease to work.
log_akonadiconsole: Unable to connect to notification manager
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
log_akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial
connection!
log_akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld"
log_akonadiserver: arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/
akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
"--socket=/tmp/akonadi-m
ercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket")
log_akonadiserver: stdout: ""
log_akonadiserver: stderr: "170605 11:34:43 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld
10.0.30-MariaDB) starting as process 21578 ...\n"
log_akonadiserver: exit code: 1                                                                                                                                                    
log_akonadiserver: process error: "Process operation timed out"                                                                                                                    
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed                                                                                                                        
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-
mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' (111 "Connection refused")'                                                  
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/akonadi-
mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' exists!                                                                              
log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove Unix socket                                                                                                                                    
log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file                                                                                                                  
log_akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

When this happens, akonadi seems to continue to crash, thus causing the whole
system to overheat.

Any suggestions what this could be? This is a notebook without network binding
to other computers (normal internet operations excluded). What did do wrong in
this user?
Thank you.


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account?

Knurpht-openSUSE
Op maandag 5 juni 2017 11:47:13 CEST schreef stakanov:

> I had several anomalies with my post account in one user.
> Now having reinstalled completely the system by holding stable the /home in
> the user caring for the main part of postal actions, the start of akonadi
> also via akonadictl does fail.
> I have here the output, but I do not really understand why only this very
> user has a problem with akonadi.
> Although this is leap 42.2 I allow myself to post here because I honestly do
> not think that the know-how required here is "business as usual". The
> knowledge of akonadi related problems are probably more to be found here.
>
> Output:
> Connecting to deprecated signal
> QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
> void AdblockManager::reloadConfig() false  
> AdBlock::AdblockManager(0x18e6a60) log_akonadicore: Socket error occurred:
> "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
> log_akonadicore: Socket error occurred: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer:
> Invalid name"
> org.kde.akonadi.ETM: GEN true true true
> org.kde.akonadi.ETM: collection: QVector()
> log_akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial
> connection!
> log_akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld"
> log_akonadiserver: arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/
> akonadi/mysql.conf",
> "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
> "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-m
> ercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket")
> log_akonadiserver: stdout: ""
> log_akonadiserver: stderr: "170605 11:34:06 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld
> 10.0.30-MariaDB) starting as process 21502 ...\n"
> log_akonadiserver: exit code: 1
> log_akonadiserver: process error: "Process operation timed out"
> /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-
> mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' (111 "Connection refused")'
> Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/akonadi-
> mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' exists!
> log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove Unix socket
> log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
> log_akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...
> log_akonadicore: "Errore sconosciuto."
> log_akonadicore: Job error:  "Errore sconosciuto." for collection: QVector()
>
> QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
> QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'qt_sql_default_connection'
> is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
> log_akonadiconsole: Unable to connect to notification manager
> Connecting to deprecated signal
> QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
> log_akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial
> connection!
> log_akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld"
> log_akonadiserver: arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/
> akonadi/mysql.conf",
> "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
> "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-m
> ercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket")
> log_akonadiserver: stdout: ""
> log_akonadiserver: stderr: "170605 11:34:43 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld
> 10.0.30-MariaDB) starting as process 21578 ...\n"
> log_akonadiserver: exit code: 1
> log_akonadiserver: process error: "Process operation timed out"
> /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-
> mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' (111 "Connection refused")'
> Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/akonadi-
> mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' exists!
> log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove Unix socket
> log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
> log_akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...
>
> When this happens, akonadi seems to continue to crash, thus causing the
> whole system to overheat.
>
> Any suggestions what this could be? This is a notebook without network
> binding to other computers (normal internet operations excluded). What did
> do wrong in this user?
> Thank you.
Here's the culprit. If  '/tmp/akonadi-
mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' does not exist, or it's parent folder, akonadi
cannot start it's mysql instance, hence no database, hence no akonadi.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account?

Stakanov Schufter
In data lunedì 5 giugno 2017 13:17:00 CEST, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink ha
scritto:

> Op maandag 5 juni 2017 11:47:13 CEST schreef stakanov:
> > I had several anomalies with my post account in one user.
> > Now having reinstalled completely the system by holding stable the /home
> > in
> > the user caring for the main part of postal actions, the start of akonadi
> > also via akonadictl does fail.
> > I have here the output, but I do not really understand why only this very
> > user has a problem with akonadi.
> > Although this is leap 42.2 I allow myself to post here because I honestly
> > do not think that the know-how required here is "business as usual". The
> > knowledge of akonadi related problems are probably more to be found here.
> >
> > Output:
> > Connecting to deprecated signal
> > QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
> > void AdblockManager::reloadConfig() false
> > AdBlock::AdblockManager(0x18e6a60) log_akonadicore: Socket error occurred:
> > "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
> > log_akonadicore: Socket error occurred: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer:
> > Invalid name"
> > org.kde.akonadi.ETM: GEN true true true
> > org.kde.akonadi.ETM: collection: QVector()
> > log_akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial
> > connection!
> > log_akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld"
> > log_akonadiserver: arguments:
> > ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/ akonadi/mysql.conf",
> > "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
> > "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-m
> > ercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket")
> > log_akonadiserver: stdout: ""
> > log_akonadiserver: stderr: "170605 11:34:06 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld
> > (mysqld
> > 10.0.30-MariaDB) starting as process 21502 ...\n"
> > log_akonadiserver: exit code: 1
> > log_akonadiserver: process error: "Process operation timed out"
> > /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> > error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-
> > mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' (111 "Connection refused")'
> > Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/akonadi-
> > mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' exists!
> > log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove Unix socket
> > log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
> > log_akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...
> > log_akonadicore: "Errore sconosciuto."
> > log_akonadicore: Job error:  "Errore sconosciuto." for collection:
> > QVector()
> >
> > QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
> > QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection
> > 'qt_sql_default_connection'
> > is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
> > log_akonadiconsole: Unable to connect to notification manager
> > Connecting to deprecated signal
> > QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
> > log_akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial
> > connection!
> > log_akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld"
> > log_akonadiserver: arguments:
> > ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/ akonadi/mysql.conf",
> > "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
> > "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-m
> > ercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket")
> > log_akonadiserver: stdout: ""
> > log_akonadiserver: stderr: "170605 11:34:43 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld
> > (mysqld
> > 10.0.30-MariaDB) starting as process 21578 ...\n"
> > log_akonadiserver: exit code: 1
> > log_akonadiserver: process error: "Process operation timed out"
> > /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> > error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-
> > mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' (111 "Connection refused")'
> > Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/akonadi-
> > mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' exists!
> > log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove Unix socket
> > log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
> > log_akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...
> >
> > When this happens, akonadi seems to continue to crash, thus causing the
> > whole system to overheat.
> >
> > Any suggestions what this could be? This is a notebook without network
> > binding to other computers (normal internet operations excluded). What did
> > do wrong in this user?
> > Thank you.
>
> Here's the culprit. If  '/tmp/akonadi-
> mercurio.K3KUzo/mysql.socket' does not exist, or it's parent folder, akonadi
> cannot start it's mysql instance, hence no database, hence no akonadi.




--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account?

Jan Ritzerfeld-3
In reply to this post by Stakanov Schufter
Am Montag, 5. Juni 2017, 11:47:13 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> [...]
> Any suggestions what this could be? This is a notebook without network
> binding to other computers (normal internet operations excluded). What did
> do wrong in this user?

Looks like it cannot start mysqld. The error logs in ~/.local/share/akonadi/
should help in finding why.

Gruß
 Jan
--
Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous, you get knocked down by
the traffic from both sides.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account?

Stakanov Schufter
In data lunedì 5 giugno 2017 13:52:23 CEST, Jan Ritzerfeld ha scritto:

> Am Montag, 5. Juni 2017, 11:47:13 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> > [...]
> > Any suggestions what this could be? This is a notebook without network
> > binding to other computers (normal internet operations excluded). What did
> > do wrong in this user?
>
> Looks like it cannot start mysqld. The error logs in ~/.local/share/akonadi/
> should help in finding why.
>
> Gruß
>  Jan
Gives the following:

Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!executable: "/
usr/sbin/mysqld"arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/
akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
"--socket=/tmp/akonadi-mercurio.LGXEIH/mysql.socket")stdout: ""stderr: "170606  
6:15:52 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 10.0.30-MariaDB) starting as process
14661 ...\n"exit code: 1process error: "Unknown error"Failed to remove Unix
socketFailed to remove runtime connection config file

I did also check for the tmp file. It exists. If you delete it, it is
recreated, and you get the same error message.
No way to repair from akonadiconsole either. Sees the folder but then gives
the aforementioned error.


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account?

Jan Ritzerfeld-3
Am Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017, 06:32:22 CEST schrieb stakanov:

> [...]
> Gives the following:
>
> Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!executable:
> "/ usr/sbin/mysqld"arguments:
> ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/ akonadi/mysql.conf",
> "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
> "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-mercurio.LGXEIH/mysql.socket")stdout: ""stderr:
> "170606 6:15:52 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 10.0.30-MariaDB) starting
> as process 14661 ...\n"exit code: 1process error: "Unknown error"Failed to
> remove Unix socketFailed to remove runtime connection config file

Okay, too bad, that isn't much more information.

Besides the *.err files in ~/.local/share/akonadi/, there is a mysql.err log
in ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/, too. Could you search for errors there?

> I did also check for the tmp file. It exists. If you delete it, it is
> recreated, and you get the same error message.

Good idea. An old socket might have causes your problems.

> No way to repair from akonadiconsole either. Sees the folder but then gives
> the aforementioned error.

Sometimes the mysql.conf is outdated or the mysql database needs an update.
But this should be in the mysql.err log.

Gruß
 Jan
--
A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account?

Knurpht-openSUSE
In reply to this post by Stakanov Schufter
Op dinsdag 6 juni 2017 06:32:22 CEST schreef stakanov:

> In data lunedì 5 giugno 2017 13:52:23 CEST, Jan Ritzerfeld ha scritto:
> > Am Montag, 5. Juni 2017, 11:47:13 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> > > [...]
> > > Any suggestions what this could be? This is a notebook without network
> > > binding to other computers (normal internet operations excluded). What
> > > did
> > > do wrong in this user?
> >
> > Looks like it cannot start mysqld. The error logs in
> > ~/.local/share/akonadi/ should help in finding why.
> >
> > Gruß
> >
> >  Jan
>
> Gives the following:
>
> Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!executable:
> "/ usr/sbin/mysqld"arguments:
> ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/ akonadi/mysql.conf",
> "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
> "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-mercurio.LGXEIH/mysql.socket")stdout: ""stderr:
> "170606 6:15:52 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 10.0.30-MariaDB) starting
> as process 14661 ...\n"exit code: 1process error: "Unknown error"Failed to
> remove Unix socketFailed to remove runtime connection config file
>
> I did also check for the tmp file. It exists. If you delete it, it is
> recreated, and you get the same error message.
> No way to repair from akonadiconsole either. Sees the folder but then gives
> the aforementioned error.
Check the numeric UID of the folder mentioned in the log. Chown them to your
user if necessary. Then restart akonadi.
Or create a folderr and edit ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to match your
newly created folder's name. then restart akonadi

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Stakanov Schufter
In data martedì 6 giugno 2017 19:36:59 CEST, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink ha
scritto:

> Op dinsdag 6 juni 2017 06:32:22 CEST schreef stakanov:
> > In data lunedì 5 giugno 2017 13:52:23 CEST, Jan Ritzerfeld ha scritto:
> > > Am Montag, 5. Juni 2017, 11:47:13 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> > > > [...]
> > > > Any suggestions what this could be? This is a notebook without network
> > > > binding to other computers (normal internet operations excluded). What
> > > > did
> > > > do wrong in this user?
> > >
> > > Looks like it cannot start mysqld. The error logs in
> > > ~/.local/share/akonadi/ should help in finding why.
> > >
> > > Gruß
> > >
> > >  Jan
> >
> > Gives the following:
> >
> > Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!executable:
> > "/ usr/sbin/mysqld"arguments:
> > ("--defaults-file=/home/mercurio/.local/share/ akonadi/mysql.conf",
> > "--datadir=/home/mercurio/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
> > "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-mercurio.LGXEIH/mysql.socket")stdout: ""stderr:
> > "170606 6:15:52 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 10.0.30-MariaDB) starting
> > as process 14661 ...\n"exit code: 1process error: "Unknown error"Failed to
> > remove Unix socketFailed to remove runtime connection config file
> >
> > I did also check for the tmp file. It exists. If you delete it, it is
> > recreated, and you get the same error message.
> > No way to repair from akonadiconsole either. Sees the folder but then
> > gives
> > the aforementioned error.
>
> Check the numeric UID of the folder mentioned in the log. Chown them to your
> user if necessary. Then restart akonadi.
> Or create a folderr and edit ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to match your
> newly created folder's name. then restart akonadi

to tell the truth, it is (as aknoadi usually) totally borked. There is no
reason why permissions should not be right etc. Fortunately, by knowing the
reliability of the outstanding :-) akonadisoftware I had a cronjob running
doing a complete archive every day. So at least, my mail and addressbook where
ported to a new, fresh user and now I will migrate the usfull stuff.
Wonder whether migration to kmail5 will ever work without mayor desasters. For
me, personally, on this user, it didn't. So now we are good and can start
over.



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Jan Ritzerfeld-3
Am Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017, 11:33:20 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> In data martedì 6 giugno 2017 19:36:59 CEST, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink ha
> scritto:
> [...]
> > Check the numeric UID of the folder mentioned in the log. Chown them to
> > your user if necessary. Then restart akonadi.
> > Or create a folderr and edit ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to match
> > your newly created folder's name. then restart akonadi
>
> to tell the truth, it is (as aknoadi usually) totally borked.

Ranting is usually not effective, too. Instead, you could have provided the
mysql.err log.

> There is no
> reason why permissions should not be right etc. [...]

There are many reasons for permissions not being right. E.g., copying the home
directory from one computer to the other might end in wrong ownership. That
includes restoring backups from another installation. And you did reinstall
your system while keeping your home. Thus, mercurio might have got another
user id than before.

No one implied that akonadi changed your permissions, besides you.

Gruß
 Jan
--
An experiment may be considered successful if no more than half the data must
be discarded to agree with the theory.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Stakanov Schufter
In data mercoledì 7 giugno 2017 23:03:45 CEST, Jan Ritzerfeld ha scritto:

> Am Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017, 11:33:20 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> > In data martedì 6 giugno 2017 19:36:59 CEST, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink ha
> > scritto:
> > [...]
> >
> > > Check the numeric UID of the folder mentioned in the log. Chown them to
> > > your user if necessary. Then restart akonadi.
> > > Or create a folderr and edit ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to match
> > > your newly created folder's name. then restart akonadi
> >
> > to tell the truth, it is (as aknoadi usually) totally borked.
>
> Ranting is usually not effective, too. Instead, you could have provided the
> mysql.err log.
>
> > There is no
> > reason why permissions should not be right etc. [...]
>
> There are many reasons for permissions not being right. E.g., copying the
> home directory from one computer to the other might end in wrong ownership.
> That includes restoring backups from another installation. And you did
> reinstall your system while keeping your home. Thus, mercurio might have
> got another user id than before.
>
> No one implied that akonadi changed your permissions, besides you.
>
> Gruß
>  Jan
Oh, with the all the given respect. If you help me to find where I can post the
mysql error, the account is still there.
Now about ranting:
I could rant since a long time. Akonadi is still in a pittifull state, if you
do not know it. After suspend to ram, or to disc, akonadi and KDE PIM (you can
choose the culprit - it produces a cache corruption that requires akonadi
console and emptying the cache to get on. Everytime. Now I can file a bug
report. But the problem of duplication, index corruption and cache, is known
for years and two generations of Akonadi now. Since priority was to make it
faster before making it safer....
There is the well known and about 7 to 8 years old "filter does not know what
account it is bound to" bug.
Currently the support of Plasma for multimonitor in i915 is broken, if you
have more than one user one often crashes silently in the background, openGL
support seems to have more than a slight problem.... Well, after all, who uses
intel based notbooks. A minority, admittedly (scnr)
Now if I would have wanted to rant, I would have said all that. Or I would
have ranted about a 100% reproducible bug: open akonadiconsole,  clear the
cash and then go in the menu and say "restart akonadi". And boom. Crash boom
bang.
I am convinced if I look that up, I will also find this bug already filed. And
yes I know that for ages this console is only experimental software. Still you
need it because currently it appears that akonadi is also "experiemntal"
software.
Now THIS was a rant. And if you feel "overwhelmed" or "personally touched" by
this very recuced amount of critizism (while I received only half a year ago
about 10 bugs I reported closed for version 4 because "not longer supported" -
while they where open up to 6(!) years), and some of them still stay in the
current version, then this is more a case of psycological coaching, isn't it?
Note that if I would not support Linux or the idea behind it, if I would not
endorse OSS software I would not use it. Still if a justified notice of
something being really borked is taken as "rant" than we have a problem IMO.

So if you wish to find out about what happens when one is saving /home (as I
hope 100 % of users do when reinstalling the system - as long as they do not
use it just for beta-testing without meaning) go ahead. Because as the story
goes, it would be nice to know. In the net I did find stuff about version 4 ...
and even this was partial. Since many users will be forced to change from PIM4
to PIM5 it will be probably helpfull to a lot of people, I am afraid. (Was
this "I am afraid" a rant too?).

Auch ein ein wenig "erschöpfter" Gruß.
Kind regards.



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Jan Ritzerfeld-3
Am Donnerstag, 8. Juni 2017, 07:28:21 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> [...]
> Oh, with the all the given respect. If you help me to find where I can post
> the mysql error, the account is still there.

E.g. https://paste.opensuse.org/ and then post the link here.

> Now about ranting:
> I could rant since a long time. [...]

I just stated that ranting is usually not effective. By ranting you might piss
off the people who know most about your problem. E.g. people who like the
software and have been using it for years and, thereby solved many common
problems. Or the packagers investing endless hours to integrate and maintain
KDE in openSUSE. And last but not least the developers of the software...

Personally, I do not get paid for this and, thus, I have better things to do
with my time than trying to help people who start criticizing the software in
general instead of giving specific information.

> [...]
> So if you wish to find out about what happens when one is saving /home (as I
> hope 100 % of users do when reinstalling the system - as long as they do
> not use it just for beta-testing without meaning) go ahead. Because as the
> story goes, it would be nice to know. In the net I did find stuff about
> version 4 ... and even this was partial. Since many users will be forced to
> change from PIM4 to PIM5 it will be probably helpfull to a lot of people, I
> am afraid. (Was this "I am afraid" a rant too?).

I was not aware of the fact that your problem started directly after the
migration or that there was any migration at all.

> Auch ein ein wenig "erschöpfter" Gruß.
> Kind regards.

Gruß
 Jan
--
It's pretty hard to be efficient without being obnoxious.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Brüns, Stefan
On Samstag, 10. Juni 2017 17:05:44 CEST Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 8. Juni 2017, 07:28:21 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> > [...]
> > Oh, with the all the given respect. If you help me to find where I can
> > post
> > the mysql error, the account is still there.
>
> E.g. https://paste.opensuse.org/ and then post the link here.
>
> > Now about ranting:
> > I could rant since a long time. [...]
>
> I just stated that ranting is usually not effective. By ranting you might
> piss off the people who know most about your problem. E.g. people who like
> the software and have been using it for years and, thereby solved many
> common problems. Or the packagers investing endless hours to integrate and
> maintain KDE in openSUSE. And last but not least the developers of the
> software...
>
> Personally, I do not get paid for this and, thus, I have better things to do
> with my time than trying to help people who start criticizing the software
> in general instead of giving specific information.

+1

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019
work: +49 2405 49936-424
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Stakanov Schufter
In reply to this post by Jan Ritzerfeld-3
In data sabato 10 giugno 2017 17:05:44 CEST, Jan Ritzerfeld ha scritto:
> Am Donnerstag, 8. Juni 2017, 07:28:21 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> > [...]
> > Oh, with the all the given respect. If you help me to find where I can
> > post
> > the mysql error, the account is still there.
>
> E.g. https://paste.opensuse.org/ and then post the link here.

I did paste in the original post the error. Currently akonadi give this error
from the terminal when it starts. As it does not start up no matter what there
is no other error to report than a total "non start of akonadi.
in this user.


> > Now about ranting:
> > I could rant since a long time. [...]
>
> I just stated that ranting is usually not effective. By ranting you might
> piss off the people who know most about your problem. E.g. people who like
> the software and have been using it for years and, thereby solved many
> common problems. Or the packagers investing endless hours to integrate and
> maintain KDE in openSUSE. And last but not least the developers of the
> software...
>
> Personally, I do not get paid for this and, thus, I have better things to do
> with my time than trying to help people
So this you bring it.... as an argument to closed source software or an
argument why people (as I think) should be paid for their work (see openssl-
project events, which was I guess what happens if everybody leaches instead of
paying people).
Personally I think that the first post wasn't a rant "at all".

>  who start criticizing the software
> in general instead of giving specific information.
This is what I asked for when I said "where to report". As (a part from the
111 error akonadi refuses to start, and after any repair attempt this got even
worse, you may first of all indicate me what info you do need and how I can
raise it. Then I will provide.

> > [...]
> > So if you wish to find out about what happens when one is saving /home (as
> > I hope 100 % of users do when reinstalling the system - as long as they
> > do not use it just for beta-testing without meaning) go ahead. Because as
> > the story goes, it would be nice to know. In the net I did find stuff
> > about version 4 ... and even this was partial. Since many users will be
> > forced to change from PIM4 to PIM5 it will be probably helpfull to a lot
> > of people, I am afraid. (Was this "I am afraid" a rant too?).
>
> I was not aware of the fact that your problem started directly after the
> migration or that there was any migration at all.
>
Well I wrote: "I had several anomalies with my post account in  one specific
user.
Now having reinstalled completely the system by holding stable the /home in
the user caring for the main part of postal actions, the start of akonadi also
via akonadictl does fail. "
Maybe you should polish my communication skills? What should I have written
instead of "having reinstalled completely the system by holding stable the /
home".....
Oh, "after a new install in the title": as PIM is migrated only "by force"
with a new system install, but not by upgrade (as you should know and as it
was pointed out "kindly" in bugzilla, when in the past I did report a bug on
version 4 "won'tfix - not supported") when I write: a new install, then I
probably should have been more verbose. I really apologize.
And I really think it could be useful as all users that came from 13.2 to 42.1
to 42.2 via upgrade, not new install as of above, will get upgraded by force
when going from 42.2 to 42.3.  Before they will have just used PIM4 without
knowing it. So their experience with your new software would greatly improve
in case the process will run smooth. Which was and is the reason why (although
not payed for it) I do report bugs, try to favor useful information and last
but not least, I am using since 2003 only and exclusively OSS where ever this
is not forced upon me by a state "authority" or an employer.

So please feel free to tell what you do need and be patient and tell me "how"
to raise the info. That we have "paste", well that I know it.

P.S. to close the issue - I shall be noted that I have the deepest respect for
you people. However, respect is, surprisingly "not unilateral".
Regards.




--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Stakanov Schufter
In reply to this post by Brüns, Stefan
 > +1
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Stefan

I do not really understand or endorse this kind of post (that I feel is even
more "ranting" that I could ever have produced), nevertheless, I still
remember that people got "so terrible irritated" about precious kb of their
account lost by a "unfitting post" that they wasted 50 lines of email and even
mail ad personam to make their position clear by "barking". So regardless of
this above post being OT to the original underlying problem, if you feel the
impelling need to do so, please just post your precious consent, without
quoting an entire communication. And for me this comment closes the need to
refine this case (referred to +1 posts) any further, and as long as you are not
too demotivated and hurt in your sensibility by my acid character, I would
enjoy to help into investigating why akonadi after a 42.2 to 42.2 (pim4 to
pim5) does not start at all in a single user, even after clearing the cache
and even after erasing all akonadi related folder ".akonadi". After all, the
intention was and is, to do something to favor you, as personally I have
already done a migration to a new user with backup files. Still I wouldn't mind
to know "why" akonadi continues to fail in that original user, to be able to
help other people and myself in the future, should the issue be more general.
Warm regards.


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Brüns, Stefan
On Sonntag, 11. Juni 2017 07:17:41 CEST stakanov wrote:

>  > +1
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Stefan
>
> I do not really understand or endorse this kind of post (that I feel is even
> more "ranting" that I could ever have produced), nevertheless, I still
> remember that people got "so terrible irritated" about precious kb of their
> account lost by a "unfitting post" that they wasted 50 lines of email and
> even mail ad personam to make their position clear by "barking". So

I did not quote a whole conversation, not even 50 lines, but a mere 16 lines,
which contained the 9 lines of statement from Jan I fully consent with, and 7
lines of context.

You removed the whole context when you quoted me. Don't do that.

I could have either reworded Jans statement in a dozen lines to express my
consent, or just do as I have done. Both ways would serve to express my
opinion, but the latter saves everyone from reading repeated content.

> regardless of this above post being OT to the original underlying problem,
> if you feel the impelling need to do so, please just post your precious
> consent, without quoting an entire communication. And for me this comment
> closes the need to refine this case (referred to +1 posts) any further,

It was you decision to leave the technical discussion and start a 50 line
rant.

Volunteers like Jan are doing a lot of work in their spare time, a lot of SUSE
employees are working even at weekends to keep everything going. Most
opensource projects like openSUSE and KDE are heavily dependent on enthusiasts
(both unpaid and paid). Your ranting achieves nothing at the technical level,
but makes the developers leave for some nicer place.

> and
> as long as you are not too demotivated and hurt in your sensibility by my
> acid character, I would enjoy to help into investigating why akonadi after
> a 42.2 to 42.2 (pim4 to pim5) does not start at all in a single user, even
> after clearing the cache and even after erasing all akonadi related folder
> ".akonadi". After all, the intention was and is, to do something to favor
> you, as personally I have already done a migration to a new user with
> backup files. Still I wouldn't mind to know "why" akonadi continues to fail
> in that original user, to be able to help other people and myself in the
> future, should the issue be more general. Warm regards.

Could you at least try to structure your wandering thoughts a little bit?
Paragraphs help. Proofreading also helps ("42.2 to 42.2").

You are responding to my post, but are obviously addressing someone else
("favor you") - I had not contributed to the thread previously.

And yes, you are acid!

Regards,

Stefan


--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019
work: +49 2405 49936-424
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Patrick Shanahan-2
In reply to this post by Stakanov Schufter
* stakanov <[hidden email]> [06-11-17 01:18]:
>  > +1
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Stefan
>
> I do not really understand or endorse this kind of post (that I feel is even
> more "ranting" that I could ever have produced), nevertheless, I still
> remember that people got "so terrible irritated" about precious kb of their

is that really you Aaron?

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Stakanov Schufter
In reply to this post by Brüns, Stefan
In data domenica 11 giugno 2017 12:14:09 CEST, Stefan Bruens ha scritto:
> Could you at least try to structure your wandering thoughts a little bit?
> Paragraphs help. Proofreading also helps ("42.2 to 42.2").
Reading helps too.
This is not an error. This is intentional.
The original 42.2 was a "grown 42.2" (that is 13.2, to 42.1 to 42.2). This
brings with it that, by update policy, the KDE PIM installation was of KDE4.
This is the case with many of your current users - if they do not even stick
still to 13.2. So the latter user will face the very same situation, because
an upgrade directly from 13.2 to 42.3 is not supported, as you probably know.

The upgraded install from the scratch, leaving /home from a precedent
installation is KDE PIM5.
So the upgrade was in my case from 42.2 with KDE PIM4 to 42.2 with KDE PIM5.
Which is supported and is intentional by your policy definition.


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Stakanov Schufter
In reply to this post by Patrick Shanahan-2
In data domenica 11 giugno 2017 07:16:43 CEST, Patrick Shanahan ha scritto:
> is that really you Aaron?

No. But I bet is is a widespread "behavior". So it probably was applied to
Aaron too. (Whoever this is).


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Patrick Shanahan-2
* stakanov <[hidden email]> [06-11-17 08:00]:
> In data domenica 11 giugno 2017 07:16:43 CEST, Patrick Shanahan ha scritto:
> > is that really you Aaron?
>
> No. But I bet is is a widespread "behavior". So it probably was applied to
> Aaron too. (Whoever this is).

I hope not and haven't observed such.

ps: it really is not a complement.  but thanks for the brevity in your
response, different than usual.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]

Jan Ritzerfeld-3
In reply to this post by Stakanov Schufter
Am Sonntag, 11. Juni 2017, 07:01:54 CEST schrieb stakanov:

> In data sabato 10 giugno 2017 17:05:44 CEST, Jan Ritzerfeld ha scritto:
> > Am Donnerstag, 8. Juni 2017, 07:28:21 CEST schrieb stakanov:
> > > [...]
> > > Oh, with the all the given respect. If you help me to find where I can
> > > post
> > > the mysql error, the account is still there.
> >
> > E.g. https://paste.opensuse.org/ and then post the link here.
>
> I did paste in the original post the error. [...]

| Besides the *.err files in ~/.local/share/akonadi/, there is a mysql.err log
| in ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/, too. Could you search for errors there?
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-06/msg00208.html


> > > Now about ranting:
> > > I could rant since a long time. [...]
> >
> > I just stated that ranting is usually not effective. By ranting you might
> > piss off the people who know most about your problem. E.g. people who like
> > the software and have been using it for years and, thereby solved many
> > common problems. Or the packagers investing endless hours to integrate and
> > maintain KDE in openSUSE. And last but not least the developers of the
> > software...
> >
> > Personally, I do not get paid for this and, thus, I have better things to
> > do with my time than trying to help people
>
> So this you bring it.... as an argument to closed source software or an
> argument why people (as I think) should be paid for their work (see openssl-
> project events, which was I guess what happens if everybody leaches instead
> of paying people).

I'm sorry that you misunderstood me. I simply think that ranting is a very bad
idea when asking for help.
Posting your problems and pointing out how long they were ignored in a
*separate* thread might have been okay. But keep in mind that the people who
do the work in their spare time may already know these problems but simply
don't have enough time to solve them all and no one helps.

> Personally I think that the first post wasn't a rant "at all".

No one claimed it was.

> >  who start criticizing the software
> >
> > in general instead of giving specific information.
>
> This is what I asked for when I said "where to report". As (a part from the
> 111 error akonadi refuses to start, and after any repair attempt this got
> even worse, you may first of all indicate me what info you do need and how
> I can raise it. Then I will provide.

~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err

> [...]
> > I was not aware of the fact that your problem started directly after the
> > migration or that there was any migration at all.
>
> Well I wrote: "I had several anomalies with my post account in  one specific
> user.
> Now having reinstalled completely the system by holding stable the /home in
> the user caring for the main part of postal actions, the start of akonadi
> also via akonadictl does fail. "
> Maybe you should polish my communication skills? What should I have written
> instead of "having reinstalled completely the system by holding stable the /
> home".....

Why did you reinstall your system? If because of the anomalies, what anomalies
did you have exactly? Did you do an upgrade by reinstalling?

> Oh, "after a new install in the title": as PIM is migrated only "by force"
> with a new system install, but not by upgrade (as you should know and as it
> was pointed out "kindly" in bugzilla, when in the past I did report a bug on
> version 4 "won'tfix - not supported")

No, I do not know. Sorry if I don't follow your bug reports. Could you please
post a link? https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1001872 doesn't end
with such a conclusion.

> when I write: a new install, then I
> probably should have been more verbose. I really apologize.
> And I really think it could be useful as all users that came from 13.2 to
> 42.1 to 42.2 via upgrade, not new install as of above, will get upgraded by
> force when going from 42.2 to 42.3.  Before they will have just used PIM4
> without knowing it. So their experience with your new software would
> greatly improve in case the process will run smooth. Which was and is the
> reason why (although not payed for it) I do report bugs, try to favor
> useful information and last but not least, I am using since 2003 only and
> exclusively OSS where ever this is not forced upon me by a state
> "authority" or an employer.

You could have told us that you effectively upgraded to PIM 5.

> So please feel free to tell what you do need and be patient and tell me
> "how" to raise the info. That we have "paste", well that I know it.

~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err

> P.S. to close the issue - I shall be noted that I have the deepest respect
> for you people. However, respect is, surprisingly "not unilateral".
> Regards.

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
There are many translations available and listed in the Tramslations section
but sadly not an Italian one.

Gruß
 Jan
--
Expert advice is a great comfort, even when it's wrong.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

12