Zabbix on Suse 10.1 ??

Michal Libra
Hey,

I'm really sorry for this off-topic. But I just started to think it's a
suse-specific problem. I'd like to ask Suse users who're using the
Zabbix monitoring system....

There was no problem durning the installation. Now I've a problem when
creating new Item for a newly created Host template.

Host is created OK and is already assigned to the Template group. Well
so I choose Items, Create Item, filled-up the form and clicked Save
button. Nothing happened. The form reloads with the filled informations.
So I tried to click Create Item again and the form reloads emty. When
listing existing Items there are only the old. I searched the database
with no result. The Item was'nt created.

Other thing that appears many times on many places when browsing zabbix
frontend (displays bellow the menu):

(in Configuration/Items)
Warning. Field [type] is not integer

(in Configuration / General/ Media tyeps)
Warning. Field [type] is not integer
Warning. Field [smtp_server] is mandatory
Warning. Field [smtp_helo] is mandatory
Warning. Field [smtp_email] is mandatory

(in Configuration / General/ Housekeeper)
Warning. Field [type] is not integer

(in Monitoring/ Overview, but only when logged as admin. when as guest
its ok)
[ERROR:Invalid URL]
Critical error. Field [type] is not integer

I'm new to Zabbix so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

My configuration:
Zabbix 1.1.1 (compiled with agent, mysql and snmp support)
Suse Linux 10.1
PHP 5.1.2
Apache 2.2.0
Mysql 5.0.18

And for example my table structure of Items:

CREATE TABLE `items` (
`itemid` int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`type` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`snmp_community` varchar(64) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`snmp_oid` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`snmp_port` int(4) NOT NULL default '161',
`hostid` int(4) NOT NULL,
`description` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`key_` varchar(64) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`delay` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`history` int(4) NOT NULL default '90',
`trends` int(4) NOT NULL default '365',
`nextcheck` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`lastvalue` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin default NULL,
`lastclock` int(4) default NULL,
`prevvalue` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin default NULL,
`status` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`value_type` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`trapper_hosts` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`units` varchar(10) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`multiplier` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`delta` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`prevorgvalue` double(16,4) default NULL,
`snmpv3_securityname` varchar(64) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`snmpv3_securitylevel` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`snmpv3_authpassphrase` varchar(64) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`snmpv3_privpassphrase` varchar(64) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`formula` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '0',
`error` varchar(128) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`lastlogsize` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`logtimefmt` varchar(64) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
`templateid` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`valuemapid` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`itemid`),
UNIQUE KEY `shortname` (`hostid`,`key_`),
KEY `nextcheck` (`nextcheck`),
KEY `status` (`status`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin AUTO_INCREMENT=17325 ;

Thanks for any help!

Michal

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]