PatrickD Garvey
I was merrily rolling along reading and editing wiki articles, when I get:

---------

Your IP address has been automatically blocked because it was used by
another user, who was blocked by Abuse filter. The reason given is:

Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by "Nishan9".

The reason given for Nishan9's block is "Automatically blocked by
abuse filter. Description of matched rule: phone number spam (in
title)"

Start of block: 17:01, 23 December 2016
Expiry of block: 17:01, 24 December 2016
Intended blockee: 137.65.226.4

You may contact Abuse filter or one of the other administrators to
discuss the block.

Note that you may not use the "email this user" feature unless you
have a valid email address registered in your user preferences and you
have not been blocked from using it.

Your current IP address is 137.65.226.4, and the block ID is #636.
Please include all above details in any queries you make.
---------

I think I got caught in someone else's banishment.

I am https://en.opensuse.org/User:PatrickDGarvey, not "Nishan9".
My current IP address is 47.138.22.124, not 137.65.226.4.

Is there someone who can help move me out of this predicament?

Re: You do not have permission to edit this page

Christian Boltz-5
Hello,

Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2016, 16:16:56 CET schrieb PatrickD Garvey:
> I was merrily rolling along reading and editing wiki articles, when I
> get:

> Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by
> "Nishan9".

> Is there someone who can help move me out of this predicament?

I just unblocked the IP, so you should be able to edit the wiki again.

FYI: This was collateral damage from auto-blocking a spammer. The IP is
one of the AccessManager authentification proxies, and for the wiki it
looks like all traffic is coming from this proxy.
I already whitelisted some IPs, but I know that there's at least one
that isn't on the whitelist. (As long as we are on the current hardware,
getting changes deployed is a bit, well, complicated ;-)  and it's
easier for me to unblock someone once a month ;-)

I work on updating the wiki and moving it to new hardware (which will
also give me SSH access to the wiki servers) [1]. Once this is done,
getting rid of the accidential IP blocking will be easy.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] Actually there's a bit more involved (for example getting the server
    setup done using Salt). If you are interested in more details, have
    a look at http://lists.opensuse.org/heroes/2016-12/msg00002.html and
    http://lists.opensuse.org/heroes/2016-12/msg00004.html

--
Ein Update ist meines Wissens die Erhöhung der Versionsnummer.
Ob sich dabei die Qualität auch erhöht, ist manchmal fraglich.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Christian Boltz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2016, 16:16:56 CET schrieb PatrickD Garvey:
>> I was merrily rolling along reading and editing wiki articles, when I
>> get:
>
>> Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by
>> "Nishan9".
>

>> Is there someone who can help move me out of this predicament?
>
> I just unblocked the IP, so you should be able to edit the wiki again.
>
> FYI: This was collateral damage from auto-blocking a spammer. The IP is
> one of the AccessManager authentification proxies, and for the wiki it
> looks like all traffic is coming from this proxy.
> I already whitelisted some IPs, but I know that there's at least one
> that isn't on the whitelist. (As long as we are on the current hardware,
> getting changes deployed is a bit, well, complicated ;-)  and it's
> easier for me to unblock someone once a month ;-)
>
> I work on updating the wiki and moving it to new hardware (which will
> also give me SSH access to the wiki servers) [1]. Once this is done,
> getting rid of the accidential IP blocking will be easy.
>

> Regards,
>
> Christian Boltz
>
> [1] Actually there's a bit more involved (for example getting the server
>     setup done using Salt). If you are interested in more details, have
>     a look at http://lists.opensuse.org/heroes/2016-12/msg00002.html and
>     http://lists.opensuse.org/heroes/2016-12/msg00004.html
>
> --

Thanks, Christian

I'm back to editing. I'm glad you were available. I'm sure we'll all
benefit from the work of the heroes.