YaST icons for KDE Plasma 5

opensuse.lietuviu.kalba
Hi,

It would be nice if there would be volunteer to create Breeze icon theme
for YaST2 to look more consistent  in KDE Plasma 5 if Breeze icons for
desktop selected. See also discussion in
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-02/msg00227.html

Note, Oxygen icon theme still exist (and still complete), it was just no
longer used since around openSUSE 13.2 version. But now yast-theme 3.2.2
source package is fixed to again provide yast2-branding-openSUSE-Oxygen
package to switch into Oxygen icon. Same mechanism could be provided for
Breeze icon theme.

--

Regards

YaST icons for KDE Plasma 5

opensuse.lietuviu.kalba
2017.05.10 21:22, Martin Schlander rašė:

> onsdag den 10. maj 2017 17.55.16 CEST skrev opensuse.lietuviu.kalba:
>> It would be nice if there would be volunteer to create Breeze icon theme
>> for YaST2 to look more consistent  in KDE Plasma 5 if Breeze icons for
>> desktop selected. See also discussion in
>> https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-02/msg00227.html
>>
>> Note, Oxygen icon theme still exist (and still complete), it was just no
>> longer used since around openSUSE 13.2 version. But now yast-theme 3.2.2
>> source package is fixed to again provide yast2-branding-openSUSE-Oxygen
>> package to switch into Oxygen icon. Same mechanism could be provided for
>> Breeze icon theme.
> I would like to chime in as the "creator" of the YaST Oxygen icon theme
> starting back in 2008 (damn, time flies). See:
> https://mschlander.wordpress.com/2008/02/18/oxygen-for-yast2-ii/
>
> For what it's worth creating and maintaining a Breeze icon theme shouldn't be
> too hard. Here's how I did it with Oxygen.
>
> YaST only has some 130 icons or so.
>
> All I did was to grab the SVG sources of upstream KDE Oxygen icons and one by
> one matching the official YaST tango icons available in Github. A lot of the
> upstream icons are suitable as YaST icons directly. For the rest of them I
> could remix existing Oxygen icons in Inkscape to make them suitable without
> too much hassle. Once the theme is created YaST only gets one or two new icons
> per year, so it's not high maintenance.
>
> It should be noted I had (and have) zero experience and skills with artwork.
> And admittedly the Oxygen icon theme was far from perfect. But I think it
> showed that quite a lot can be achieved with not too much effort or skill.
>
> Now if we could have just a few people collaborating on it in a github
> repository, it could be done quite quickly. And be much better than the Oxygen
> theme ever was.

For those who may want to play with YaST2 icons, now there is page to
preview all them at once:

http://opensuse.lt/images/YaST2-icons/