Xgl + Xinerama for Xorg 7 and Buildrequire problem

Xgl + Xinerama for Xorg 7 and Buildrequire problem

CyberOrg
Hi all

I am trying to build Xgl with Xinerama patch. I have been successful
in creating a package built against Xorg7 repository (standard/Xorg7).
The package is available here:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/Compiz-Quinn/standard/i586/

However building for 10.1 and Factory fails as I have to remove
xorg-x11-compat70-devel from Buildrequires.

How do I specify buildrequires per repository? I dont know what goes
in place of ifrepository.

something like

%ifrepository standard
Buildrequires: xyz
%endif
%ifrepository 10.1
Buildrequires: xorg-x11-compat70-devel
%endif

Thanks

Jigish

Re: Xgl + Xinerama for Xorg 7 and Buildrequire problem

Adrian Schröter
Am Tuesday 08 August 2006 08:10 schrieb Jigish Gohil:

> Hi all
>
> I am trying to build Xgl with Xinerama patch. I have been successful
> in creating a package built against Xorg7 repository (standard/Xorg7).
> The package is available here:
>
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/Compiz-Quinn/standard/i586/
>
> However building for 10.1 and Factory fails as I have to remove
> xorg-x11-compat70-devel from Buildrequires.
>
> How do I specify buildrequires per repository? I dont know what goes
> in place of ifrepository.
>
> something like
>
> %ifrepository standard
> Buildrequires: xyz
> %endif
> %ifrepository 10.1
> Buildrequires: xorg-x11-compat70-devel
> %endif

%if %suse_version = 1001
Buildrequires: xorg-x11-compat70-devel
%else
Buildrequires: xyz
%endif

?
--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany

Am Tuesday 08 August 2006 08:45 schrieb Jigish Gohil:

> On 8/8/06, Adrian Schröter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Am Tuesday 08 August 2006 08:10 schrieb Jigish Gohil:
> >

> > %if %suse_version = 1001
> > Buildrequires: xorg-x11-compat70-devel
> > %else
> > Buildrequires: xyz
> > %endif
>
> Thanks Adrian
>
> How do we find out what is suse_version for any repository? For
> example what would be the suse_version of Factory and Xorg7
> repositories?

There is no easy interface for that yet. You can't destinguish between Factory
and xorg7 for Factory in that way. Except the xorg7 project defines a macro
(which would be possible to setup).

The url to get the build information would be

--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
email: [hidden email]

Re: Xgl + Xinerama for Xorg 7 and Buildrequire problem

Stefan Dirsch
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:40:13AM +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> I am trying to build Xgl with Xinerama patch.

Sounds interesting. Which kind of setup (hardware, driver,
mergedfb/traditional Xinerama, resolution) are you using?

> I have been successful
> in creating a package built against Xorg7 repository (standard/Xorg7).
> The package is available here:
>
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/Compiz-Quinn/standard/i586/
>
> However building for 10.1 and Factory fails as I have to remove
> xorg-x11-compat70-devel from Buildrequires.

Did you already try xorg7/Java_Sun-Java-1.5_SUSE_Linux_10.1?
xorg-x11-compat70-devel should expand to xorg-x11-devel on Factory,
since this is now provided by xorg-x11-devel.

BTW, since X.Org 7 has been integrated into Factory, there's no need
in building packages for xorg7/SUSE_Factory any more.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany

On 8/8/06, Stefan Dirsch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:40:13AM +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> > I am trying to build Xgl with Xinerama patch.
>
> Sounds interesting. Which kind of setup (hardware, driver,
> mergedfb/traditional Xinerama, resolution) are you using?

Here http://api.opensuse.org/source/Compiz-Quinn/Xgl/xgl-xinerama.patch
is the patch that is applied, actually I do not have hardware that can
work with xinerama, but many users at www.compiz.net are now using
xinerama enabled Xgl and compiz. You would also need compiz-quinn
instead of vanilla compiz to use xinerama.

> BTW, since X.Org 7 has been integrated into Factory, there's no need
> in building packages for xorg7/SUSE_Factory any more.

Does that mean I just apply changes you have made to your Xgl spec
file and carry on building for Factory as before and have it built for
Xorg7?

Thanks

Jigish

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 01:44:03PM +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:

> On 8/8/06, Stefan Dirsch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:40:13AM +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> >> I am trying to build Xgl with Xinerama patch.
> >
> >Sounds interesting. Which kind of setup (hardware, driver,
> >mergedfb/traditional Xinerama, resolution) are you using?
> >
> Here http://api.opensuse.org/source/Compiz-Quinn/Xgl/xgl-xinerama.patch
> is the patch that is applied, actually I do not have hardware that can
> work with xinerama, but many users at www.compiz.net are now using
> xinerama enabled Xgl and compiz. You would also need compiz-quinn
> instead of vanilla compiz to use xinerama.

Ok.

> >BTW, since X.Org 7 has been integrated into Factory, there's no need
> >in building packages for xorg7/SUSE_Factory any more.
>
> Does that mean I just apply changes you have made to your Xgl spec
> file and carry on building for Factory as before and have it built for
> Xorg7?

Exactly. BTW, it's not my spec file. It's the one of our xgl package,
which is maintained by David Reveman, the author of Xgl. :-)

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany

Re: Xgl + Xinerama for Xorg 7 and Buildrequire problem

Michael Schroeder-4
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:40:13AM +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am trying to build Xgl with Xinerama patch. I have been successful
> in creating a package built against Xorg7 repository (standard/Xorg7).
> The package is available here:
>
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/Compiz-Quinn/standard/i586/
>
> However building for 10.1 and Factory fails as I have to remove
> xorg-x11-compat70-devel from Buildrequires.
>
> How do I specify buildrequires per repository? I dont know what goes
> in place of ifrepository.

We actually define a '%_repository' macro, but I consider using
it a bit unclean.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder                                   [hidden email]

Re: Xgl + Xinerama for Xorg 7 and Buildrequire problem

CyberOrg
On 8/8/06, Stefan Dirsch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Does that mean I just apply changes you have made to your Xgl spec
> > file and carry on building for Factory as before and have it built for
> > Xorg7?
>
> Exactly. BTW, it's not my spec file. It's the one of our xgl package,
> which is maintained by David Reveman, the author of Xgl. :-)

Thanks Stefan

Patched and packages should now be xorg7 ready.

Thank you all for your help.

Warm regards

Jigish
(cyberorg)

Re: Xgl + Xinerama for Xorg 7 and Buildrequire problem

Matthias Hopf
On Aug 09, 06 10:19:32 +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> Patched and packages should now be xorg7 ready.

Seems that I was a bit late (back from SigGraph ;)

> Jigish
> (cyberorg)

Ah, finnally I have a name behind that nick :)

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <[hidden email]>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         [hidden email]
Phone +49-911-74053-715            __)  |_|  __)  |__  labs   www.mshopf.de

On 8/10/06, Matthias Hopf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Aug 09, 06 10:19:32 +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> > Patched and packages should now be xorg7 ready.
>
> Seems that I was a bit late (back from SigGraph ;)
>
> > Jigish
> > (cyberorg)
>
> Ah, finnally I have a name behind that nick :)
>
> Matthias

Yeah, it was meant to clear the context, the question was asked on one
of the suse xserver list discussing compiz and xgl for xorg7.

BTW, there is fairly recent git version of vanilla compiz too in my
repo, but I have no clue what patches go in there so I have just
removed the earlier patches that did not apply cleanly.

And thanks SUSE for the wonderful build service.

Cheers

Jigish