Wrong naming of python-python-axolotl in the spec: python-python_axolotl (note the _)?

Wrong naming of python-python-axolotl in the spec: python-python_axolotl (note the _)?

Johannes Kastl-2
Hi guys,

I just stumbled upon the python-python-axolotl package in d:l:p today.
I linkpac'd it and it built, but was not enough to fulfill a
dependency (gajim-plugin-gajim-omemo needs the axolotl stuff). I
checked the spec and found a mismatch:

devel:languages:python/python-python-axolotl
The package is called python-python-axolotl
The spec is called python-python-axolotl.spec
In the spec, the name of the package is python-python_axolotl (note
the "_" instead of the "-" ).

Is there any reason for that?

I changed my copy to have the same name in the spec as the package,
and it builds and it works. (I also updated it to 0.1.39, but that's
just a side note).

If desired, I can sr it to d:l:p.

But maybe there should be an additional "Obsoletes
python-python_axolotl" in there, to make sure the transition smooth.

Johannes

Re: Wrong naming of python-python-axolotl in the spec: python-python_axolotl (note the _)?

jan matejek-4
hello,
good catch.

On 27.3.2017 21:34, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> In the spec, the name of the package is python-python_axolotl (note
> the "_" instead of the "-" ).
>
> Is there any reason for that?

Doesn't seem to be.
In general, pypi names seemed to shift to using dashes instead of underscores everywhere. From
Python's dependency tracker POV, "_" and "-" in package name are the same, so it makes sense to use
always the same thing.

> I changed my copy to have the same name in the spec as the package,
> and it builds and it works. (I also updated it to 0.1.39, but that's
> just a side note).
>
> If desired, I can sr it to d:l:p.

yes, please do that, and please also write:
Obsoletes: python-python_axolotl < %{version}
Provides:  python-python_axolotl = %{version}

regards
m.

On 28.03.17 15:19 jan matejek wrote:
> On 27.3.2017 21:34, Johannes Kastl wrote:

>> If desired, I can sr it to d:l:p.
>
> yes, please do that, and please also write:
> Obsoletes: python-python_axolotl < %{version}
> Provides:  python-python_axolotl = %{version}

sr#483182

Johannes