Would be "Introduction to PC hardware" suitable for LfL ?

Would be "Introduction to PC hardware" suitable for LfL ?

Alexey Eromenko
hi all !

I'm thinking: Would be "Introduction to PC hardware" suitable for LfL ?

I want to photo individual computer components, explain their
functions, write a bit of history, explain some standards such as:
PCI, VGA, PC Color'99, ...

I can also make very generic recommendation about buying Linux
compatible hardware, and explain how-to identify such hardware.

This topic is definitely of interest to people, who want to be serious
about computers and operating-systems generally.

But I don't know if LfL is intended to be software-specific or not...

Of course some components I know better than others, so I will explain
'em better.

What do you think ?

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"

Re: Would be "Introduction to PC hardware" suitable for LfL ?

Rajko M.
On Saturday 09 June 2007 10:00, Alexey Eremenko wrote:

> hi all !
>
> I'm thinking: Would be "Introduction to PC hardware" suitable for LfL ?
>
> I want to photo individual computer components, explain their
> functions, write a bit of history, explain some standards such as:
> PCI, VGA, PC Color'99, ...
>
> I can also make very generic recommendation about buying Linux
> compatible hardware, and explain how-to identify such hardware.
>
> This topic is definitely of interest to people, who want to be serious
> about computers and operating-systems generally.
>
> But I don't know if LfL is intended to be software-specific or not...
>
> Of course some components I know better than others, so I will explain
> 'em better.
>
> What do you think ?

The idea is excellent as that is where a lot of new users have a questions
that are at the present answered on case by case basis. Some basic principles
should be explained and you may look to selectively include links to
http://www.pcguide.com and probably some other sites for more information.

This topic has potential to grow to size of it's own book :-)

Rajko.

Re: Would be "Introduction to PC hardware" suitable for LfL ?

Rebecca Walter

> But I don't know if LfL is intended to be software-specific or not...

LfL is intended to focus on the things SUSE users want and need to know. This
sounds like some of it.  Just try to keep it under 20 pages...