Wireless card won't work in 10.1

Jim-213
Trying to get a Orinoco Gold pcmcia/wifi card to work inSuse10.1, it
works perfect in Fedora5 on the same laptop
with the Orinoco driver, WindowsXP, Fedora5, Suse10.1, triple boot.
but with the hostap driver in suse it won't work.
Another ?, suse reconizes the ethernet card as eth1 and wifi as eth2,
what happen to eth0??
That's how Yast2 sets it up.

Jim

Re: Wireless card won't work in 10.1

Bugzilla from vfernandez@polinux.upv.es
I have the same card as you and it works perfectly for me. It was just
plug&play, YaST detected it perfectly and I didn't need to tweak anything. It
detects it as eth1, but eth0 is the network adapter of the laptop.

El Miércoles, 9 de Agosto de 2006 17:18, jim tate escribió:

> Trying to get a Orinoco Gold pcmcia/wifi card to work inSuse10.1, it
> works perfect in Fedora5 on the same laptop
> with the Orinoco driver, WindowsXP, Fedora5, Suse10.1, triple boot.
> but with the hostap driver in suse it won't work.
> Another ?, suse reconizes the ethernet card as eth1 and wifi as eth2,
> what happen to eth0??
> That's how Yast2 sets it up.
>
> Jim

Víctor Fernández Martínez
Enviado especial a Innsbruck (Austria) para informar de las fiestas Erasmus en
la capital tirolesa. Usuario de Linux registrado #312284 en
http://counter.li.org.

Víctor Fernández wrote:

> I have the same card as you and it works perfectly for me. It was just
> plug&play, YaST detected it perfectly and I didn't need to tweak anything. It
> detects it as eth1, but eth0 is the network adapter of the laptop.
>

> El Miércoles, 9 de Agosto de 2006 17:18, jim tate escribió:
>
>> Trying to get a Orinoco Gold pcmcia/wifi card to work inSuse10.1, it
>> works perfect in Fedora5 on the same laptop
>> with the Orinoco driver, WindowsXP, Fedora5, Suse10.1, triple boot.
>> but with the hostap driver in suse it won't work.
>> Another ?, suse reconizes the ethernet card as eth1 and wifi as eth2,
>> what happen to eth0??
>> That's how Yast2 sets it up.
>>
>> Jim

I sure would like to find out why my ethernet card is not selected as
eth0, instead eth1.

Jim