Will there be transparent panels coming in Plasma 5.10?

Will there be transparent panels coming in Plasma 5.10?

Roman Bysh
Hi all,

Can we look forward to having an option to adjust the panel so that it
appears transparent in Plasma 5.10x ?

Cheers!

Roman

Re: Will there be transparent panels coming in Plasma 5.10?

Luca Beltrame
In data giovedì 4 maggio 2017 05:30:08 CEST, Roman Bysh ha scritto:

Hello,

> Can we look forward to having an option to adjust the panel so that it
> appears transparent in Plasma 5.10x ?

No. People wanting transparency can either use an alternative theme, or an
alternative dock like Latte Dock.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
GPG key ID: A29D259B

On 04/05/17 01:15 AM, Luca Beltrame wrote:

> In data giovedì 4 maggio 2017 05:30:08 CEST, Roman Bysh ha scritto:
>
> Hello,
>
> > Can we look forward to having an option to adjust the panel so that it
> > appears transparent in Plasma 5.10x ?
>
> No. People wanting transparency can either use an alternative theme, or an
> alternative dock like Latte Dock.

I wanted to add a panel with several icons together with a transparent panel.

I was looking for a dock that has more features with the Application Menu Bar.
The fancy tasks panel has been broken for several years. I used to be able to use
the parabola when moving my mouse over it and I believe it had different themes.