Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

Aaron Bridge
I have found myself visiting the website and thinking about Fedora these
past few weeks.  When I think about it I can't help but come back to the
Microsoft deal.  Does anyone else feel this way?  Should I be worried or
concerned?  Keep in mind I am not a Linux expert or software developer.
I started with Red Hat 8 and switched to SUSE 8.2 when Red Had announced
the Fedora Project.  I just don't think I want to be involved with an
organization that has had dealings with Microsoft the way Novell just
has.  I'm I wrong to think this or be thinking about Fedora?

Thanks,
Aaron

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

Druid-5
> Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

Dunno. But the reason you are posting that in here is to troll and to
get some attention for your little lack-of-life

> Microsoft deal.  Does anyone else feel this way?

No

> has.  I'm I wrong to think this or be thinking about Fedora?

Whatever makes your little heart feel warmer

Marcio
---
druid

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

Benjamin Rosenberg
On Nov 28, 2006, at 7:25 PM, Druid wrote:

>> Why have I been thinking about Fedora??
>
> Dunno. But the reason you are posting that in here is to troll and to
> get some attention for your little lack-of-life
>
>> Microsoft deal.  Does anyone else feel this way?
>
> No
>
>> has.  I'm I wrong to think this or be thinking about Fedora?
>
> Whatever makes your little heart feel warmer

Maybe this person actually wanted to solicit the opinions of his
peers? And maybe acting like an ass warms .. oh yeah .. you have no
heart by answering an email this. ***hole.
--
Envy, n: Wishing you'd been born with an unfair advantage instead of
having to try and acquire one.

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

Cristian Rodriguez R.-2
> I have found myself visiting the website and thinking about Fedora these
> past few weeks.  When I think about it I can't help but come back to the
> Microsoft deal.  Does anyone else feel this way?

No.

>  Should I be worried or
> concerned?

No.

> I just don't think I want to be involved with an
> organization that has had dealings with Microsoft the way Novell just
> has.

Huh ? Jboss( a redhat company) Sun and other major vendors already have
deals with MS.

>  I'm I wrong to think this or be thinking about Fedora?

Most likely, yes.

On Nov 28, 2006, at 7:47 PM, Druid wrote:

>> Maybe this person actually wanted to solicit the opinions of his
>> peers? And maybe acting like an ass warms .. oh yeah .. you have no
>> heart by answering an email this. ***hole.
>

> Whatever makes your little heart feel warmer

OK. Now I'm just totally confused. Why would my "little heart" feel
warmer by cutting someone some slack? Is this some silly little
colloquialism? No wonder I barely pay attention to this list
anymore .. it's got wonderful people like you subscribed. I do agree
with the opinion expressed on the list the last few weeks that I wish
this list could go back to being what it was circa 1998 .. at least
the jerks were drummed out with a quickeness then.

- ben
--
Envy, n: Wishing you'd been born with an unfair advantage instead of
having to try and acquire one.

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

Druid-5
good to see the amusing ability of the list to go offtopic still in
great shape heh

On 11/29/06, Benjamin Rosenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2006, at 7:47 PM, Druid wrote:
>
> >> Maybe this person actually wanted to solicit the opinions of his
> >> peers? And maybe acting like an ass warms .. oh yeah .. you have no
> >> heart by answering an email this. ***hole.
> >

> > Whatever makes your little heart feel warmer
>
> OK. Now I'm just totally confused. Why would my "little heart" feel
> warmer by cutting someone some slack? Is this some silly little
> colloquialism? No wonder I barely pay attention to this list
> anymore .. it's got wonderful people like you subscribed. I do agree
> with the opinion expressed on the list the last few weeks that I wish
> this list could go back to being what it was circa 1998 .. at least
> the jerks were drummed out with a quickeness then.
>
> - ben
> --
> Envy, n: Wishing you'd been born with an unfair advantage instead of
> having to try and acquire one.

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

Darryl Gregorash
On 2006-11-28 20:00, Benjamin Rosenberg wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2006, at 7:47 PM, Druid wrote:
>
>>> Maybe this person actually wanted to solicit the opinions of his
>>> peers? And maybe acting like an ass warms .. oh yeah .. you have no
>>> heart by answering an email this. ***hole.
>>

>> Whatever makes your little heart feel warmer
>
> OK. Now I'm just totally confused. Why would my "little heart" feel
> warmer by cutting someone some slack?
Because there are no fewer than 8 separate threads on this crap since
the deal was announced. Anyone who is *not* trolling can easily read
those, and get all the feedback to answer his questions.

Anyone asks a technical question that was answered sometime last year,
and he gets dumped on from all sides about how he didn't research the
matter enough -- someone posts yet another piece of troll-spam, and we
are expected to sit idly by and give him some *encouragement*???

On 2006-11-28 19:44, Cristian Rodriguez wrote:
> <snip>
> Huh ? Jboss( a redhat company) Sun and other major vendors already have
> deals with MS.
Shhhhhhh..  :-X

On Nov 28, 2006, at 8:33 PM, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

>>> Whatever makes your little heart feel warmer
>>
>> OK. Now I'm just totally confused. Why would my "little heart" feel
>> warmer by cutting someone some slack?
> Because there are no fewer than 8 separate threads on this crap since
> the deal was announced. Anyone who is *not* trolling can easily read
> those, and get all the feedback to answer his questions.
>
> Anyone asks a technical question that was answered sometime last year,
> and he gets dumped on from all sides about how he didn't research the
> matter enough -- someone posts yet another piece of troll-spam, and we
> are expected to sit idly by and give him some *encouragement*???

In that case. I wholeheartedly agree! Off with his head! That
bastard! He didn't GTMF before asking his question! Good thing I've
got the last five years of the list on my Mac .. I can just shake the
magic Spotlight and get told to go screw myself! w00p! Right ON!
*shakes head* Oh well .. guess thread 9 is the death sentence on the
list now. Man, I wish I would have known that. I wouldn't have helped
all those people with their ppp and sendmail questions for so many
years! What a relief! Maybe we can have another 200 email thread
about how to unsubscribe? Wouldn't that be fun! Maybe we can become
like the Solaris lists circa 1996 and just answer everything with
RTFM! That just warms my little heart to death!

In any event .. enough vitriol for one night.

On 2006-11-28 20:47, Benjamin Rosenberg wrote:
> *shakes head*
Ahh, so that is it.. I was wondering what that rattling sound was.

How many times have *you* answered someone who's posted one of these
things -- not many that I recall. However, when it comes to taking the
head off someone who is tired of seeing it all, over and over again...

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

Druid-5
> In any event .. enough vitriol for one night.

thanks

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

M Harris-2
On Tuesday 28 November 2006 20:47, Benjamin Rosenberg wrote:
> RTFM! That just warms my little heart to death!
        Everyone on this list better start Reading The Fedora Manual.... "Oh
Suse-anna oh don't you cry for me... cause I'm going to Alabama with Fedora
on my knee!

        :P

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

Fred A. Miller
On Tuesday November 28 2006 10:03 pm, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> On 2006-11-28 20:47, Benjamin Rosenberg wrote:
> > *shakes head*
>
> Ahh, so that is it.. I was wondering what that rattling sound was.
>
> How many times have *you* answered someone who's posted one of these
> things -- not many that I recall. However, when it comes to taking the
> head off someone who is tired of seeing it all, over and over again...

YOU have no idea how many people Ben has helped! You've not been around SUSE
anywhere near as long nor assisted the number of users Ben has, so don't even
attempt to go there!

Fred

--
MickySoft, the ultimate corporate parasite.

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

JB2-2
On Tuesday 28 November 2006 19:25, Druid wrote:

> > Why have I been thinking about Fedora??
>
> Dunno. But the reason you are posting that in here is to troll and to
> get some attention for your little lack-of-life

  His question(s) seemed legit, so STFU, druid. There, that should get a few
folks' panties in a wad.

--
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented worker', is like calling a home
intruder an 'unwanted houseguest'.

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

JB2-2
On Tuesday 28 November 2006 21:03, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

  <snip yada, yada, yada, whine, rant, rave>

  Did you think maybe the OP's still not good with linux and is confused
enough by all the: 'I read all the stuff about the deal and *I* know better
than anyone else about it because *I* understand it better than anyone else,
so you best listen to what I say about it or just unsubscribe, you lamers'
types, and just wanted some more (and simpler) perspectives, as many
*DIFFERENT* perspectives as possible? No? Didn't think so.

On 2006-11-29 00:21, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> On Tuesday November 28 2006 10:03 pm, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
>
>> On 2006-11-28 20:47, Benjamin Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>>> *shakes head*
>>>
>> Ahh, so that is it.. I was wondering what that rattling sound was.
>>
>> How many times have *you* answered someone who's posted one of these
>> things -- not many that I recall. However, when it comes to taking the
>> head off someone who is tired of seeing it all, over and over again...
>>

> YOU have no idea how many people Ben has helped! You've not been around SUSE
> anywhere near as long nor assisted the number of users Ben has, so don't even
> attempt to go there!

And *you* know nothing more about me than that I have been with this
mailing list for just over two years, so kindly do not presume to know
anything more than that.

Re: Why have I been thinking about Fedora??

jdd@dodin.org
JB a écrit :
> On Tuesday 28 November 2006 19:25, Druid wrote:
>
>>> Why have I been thinking about Fedora??
>> Dunno. But the reason you are posting that in here is to troll and to
>> get some attention for your little lack-of-life
>
>   His question(s) seemed legit, so STFU, druid. There, that should get a few
> folks' panties in a wad.

weel... if you think a little, most people on a suse list do
prefere suse to fedora.

so the only answer I see is: "you used suse for years,
install fedora and see if you like it. If not, come back..."

and let Novell and Microsoft try to make Vista a good Guess
for Xen (what seems to be the main Novell goal)

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO

On 2006-11-29 00:41, JB wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 November 2006 21:03, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
>
>   <snip yada, yada, yada, whine, rant, rave>
>
>   Did you think
Yes, did you?

Of course, for someone whose contributions seem limited to posting this:

"<shrug> I'll just sit back and watch as you gullibles take it from
behind and the Linux community as a whole is ripped to shreds one distro
at a time by M$. My 'ears' may be covered, but your eyes are blindered
it seems."

and telling people to STFU, it is hardly surprising that you want to see
more trolling.

jdd a écrit :

>  to make Vista a good Guess for Xen

jdd