What is the meaning of "the makers" in this paragraph?

What is the meaning of "the makers" in this paragraph?

Re: What is the meaning of "the makers" in this paragraph?

Ancor Gonzalez Sosa
On 11/03/2015 03:20 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a reason why openSUSE is "the makers' choice for sysadmins,
> developers and desktop users;" openSUSE gives you choice and provides a
> user-friendly desktop, and feature-rich server environment.  People torn
> between newer software and a long-term, highly stable Linux system turn to
> openSUSE.  Leap 42.1 provides "The Best of Two Worlds" - reliability and
> contemporary software.  Based on the core of SUSE Linux Enterprise, Leap
> 42.1 combines the proven SUSE core with the innovative spirit of
> open-source
> communities.  That combinations gives makers choices and Leap 42.1
> complements openSUSE's other release Tumbleweed, which caters to those who
> want continuously updated, tested and new stable packages.
>

> I don't know what's the meaning of "makers" here. The direct translation
> would be equivalent to "manufacturer", and that does not make much sense.

I don't know what was the intention of the original writer, but I guess
it's a reference to the maker culture.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maker_culture

--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH

Re: What is the meaning of "the makers" in this paragraph?

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2015-11-03 15:24, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

> I don't know what was the intention of the original writer, but I guess
> it's a reference to the maker culture.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maker_culture

Oh. Thanks.
First time I hear of it...

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultura_hacedora

                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)