What defines the package version in OBS as later shown version in https://software.opensuse.org

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC)
Hello,

I maintain the packages for the navigation SW OpenCPN and I use a
sandbox in my home for testing new releases and fixing build an
integration issues.
When my test are completed (users do not like to discover bugs when at
sea) I copy the project on the publication repo Application:Geo:OpenCPN
with osc copypac.
 -
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Application:Geo:OpenCPN/OpenCPN-4.x-base
 - https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:dominig:opencpn-sandbox

Knowing that as today both packages are at the same release 4.6.1, I do
not understand why the release shown in https://software.opensuse.org
for home:dominig:opencpn-sandbox claims to be at release 4.6.1 while the
one from  Application:Geo:OpenCPN indicates release 4.6.0.
This is annoying as it can lead user to take my sandbox version as
source and get in trouble when I will integrate the new release.

The actual packages are are the same in both repos (4.6.1)

https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/Application:Geo:OpenCPN/OpenCPN-4.x-base?repository=openSUSE_Leap_42.1
The published packages are at the correct release in both repo, only the
release indication for 'one click install' is incorrect.

Questions:
  - where does come the version indication in
https://software.opensuse.org ?
  - is there a way to publish packages without getting them listed in
https://software.opensuse.org ?
    I would love such feature to restrict visibility of my sandbox to my
beta tester only. I only know the flag publish or nor publish which is
too violent for my use case.
    A flag in project meta to remove publication from
https://software.opensuse.org would be very handy.

Thanks.

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect

Re: What defines the package version in OBS as later shown version in https://software.opensuse.org

Andreas Schwab-2
On Mai 03 2017, "Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Knowing that as today both packages are at the same release 4.6.1, I do
> not understand why the release shown in https://software.opensuse.org
> for home:dominig:opencpn-sandbox claims to be at release 4.6.1 while the
> one from  Application:Geo:OpenCPN indicates release 4.6.0.

You probably didn't wait long enough to let it update itself.  The
packages in both repositories are currently shown with version
4.6.1.1491103029.89f78e0.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7