What am I doing wrong? (rsync)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What am I doing wrong? (rsync)

Carlos E. R.-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1



OPTIONS="--archive --acls --xattrs --hard-links --sparse --stats --human-readable "
time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src

copies nothing:

Number of files: 322,677 (reg: 253,546, dir: 69,085, link: 46)
Number of created files: 0
Number of deleted files: 0
Number of regular files transferred: 0
Total file size: 1.76G bytes
Total transferred file size: 0 bytes
Literal data: 0 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 0
File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 6.04M
Total bytes received: 71.13K

sent 6.04M bytes  received 71.13K bytes  394.21K bytes/sec
total size is 1.76G  speedup is 287.94


Telcontar:/data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser # mount | grep /usr/src
/dev/sdc6 on /usr/src type reiserfs (rw,relatime,lazytime,user_xattr,acl)
Telcontar:/data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser #


I have tried several variations, all fail:

time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/ /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/ /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/* /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src

Initially with destination directory created, then without.


I did it yesterday with other directories and it worked:

OPTIONS="--archive --acls --xattrs --hard-links  --stats --human-readable "
rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/gamedata /usr/src/MoveReiser/usr_gamedata


Then back, running from another system:

OPTIONS="--archive --acls --xattrs --hard-links --sparse --stats --human-readable "
time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system /other/main/usr/src/MoveReiser/usr_gamedata/gamedata/ /other/main/data/Lareiserfs/gamedata/



- --
Cheers

  Carlos E. R.
  (from 42.2 x86_64 "Malachite" at Telcontar)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iEYEARECAAYFAlph1pQACgkQtTMYHG2NR9XqsgCbBhd4Kb4Nql2agZC1kwV/59mc
eZIAn3KSzPDuT0S0gWkrZirRWmBvycMA
=vaG6
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What am I doing wrong? (rsync)

Ken Schneider - openSUSE
On 01/19/2018 06:29 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
>
>
> OPTIONS="--archive --acls --xattrs --hard-links --sparse --stats
> --human-readable "
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src
> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>
> copies nothing:
>
> Number of files: 322,677 (reg: 253,546, dir: 69,085, link: 46)
> Number of created files: 0
> Number of deleted files: 0
> Number of regular files transferred: 0
> Total file size: 1.76G bytes
> Total transferred file size: 0 bytes
> Literal data: 0 bytes
> Matched data: 0 bytes
> File list size: 0
> File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
> File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
> Total bytes sent: 6.04M
> Total bytes received: 71.13K
>
> sent 6.04M bytes  received 71.13K bytes  394.21K bytes/sec
> total size is 1.76G  speedup is 287.94
>
>
> Telcontar:/data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser # mount | grep /usr/src
> /dev/sdc6 on /usr/src type reiserfs (rw,relatime,lazytime,user_xattr,acl)
> Telcontar:/data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser #
>
>
> I have tried several variations, all fail:
>
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src
> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/
> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src
> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/
> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/*
> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>
> Initially with destination directory created, then without.
>
>
> I did it yesterday with other directories and it worked:
>
> OPTIONS="--archive --acls --xattrs --hard-links  --stats --human-readable "
> rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/gamedata
> /usr/src/MoveReiser/usr_gamedata
>
>
> Then back, running from another system:
>
> OPTIONS="--archive --acls --xattrs --hard-links --sparse --stats
> --human-readable "
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system
> /other/main/usr/src/MoveReiser/usr_gamedata/gamedata/
> /other/main/data/Lareiserfs/gamedata/
>

Hi Carlos,

It looks like you forgot the trailing "/" in the source-destination. The
trailing "/" is important.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What am I doing wrong? (rsync)

Carlos E. R.-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256



El 2018-01-19 a las 13:53 -0500, Ken Schneider - openSUSE escribió:

> On 01/19/2018 06:29 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>
>>
>>  OPTIONS="--archive --acls --xattrs --hard-links --sparse --stats
>>  --human-readable "
>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src
>>  /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>>
>>  copies nothing:
>>
...

>>  I have tried several variations, all fail:
>>
>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src   /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/  /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src   /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/  /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/* /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src

...

> Hi Carlos,
>
> It looks like you forgot the trailing "/" in the source-destination. The
> trailing "/" is important.

I tried all combinations of trailing slash. I said so above.

- --
Cheers
        Carlos E. R.

        (from openSUSE 42.2 x86_64 "Malachite" (Minas Tirith))

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iF4EAREIAAYFAlpiR5oACgkQja8UbcUWM1xMJgD9HtonQCmh0xNtqxODRr30MKxt
eDC7XhRenPhNe+7gleAA/Ao9TYVK2aDfqGyhnB+N3sEesgHLBJ5jkQBd5Vfa2ep2
=GKkc
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What am I doing wrong? (rsync) [solved]

Carlos E. R.-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1



On Friday, 2018-01-19 at 20:31 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

>>>   OPTIONS="--archive --acls --xattrs --hard-links --sparse --stats
>>>   --human-readable "
>>>   time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src
>>>   /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>>>
>>>   copies nothing:
>>>

Solved: it was working, but I was looking at the wrong directory for the ls.

- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.
        (from openSUSE 42.2 x86_64 "Malachite" at Telcontar)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iEYEARECAAYFAlpiWhgACgkQtTMYHG2NR9XK3ACgkBZqS0WHQP8JXIhzuZRltEYz
4/4An3xAmrRwM/jn/0oFlC0q7Twx8t/u
=P6jM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What am I doing wrong? (rsync)

Bernhard Voelker
In reply to this post by Carlos E. R.-2
On 01/19/2018 12:29 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system/usr/src/  /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system/usr/src /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system/usr/src/  /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
> time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system/usr/src/* /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>
> Initially with destination directory created, then without.

I'm always using the same trick to be sure what is copied where
(without creating the last part of SRC in DST):

- I ensure the wanted destination directory exists, and
- then run rsync with "SRC/." and "DST/.":

   $ OPTIONS='-HAXaxi'   # sometimes add --delete, --sparse, dep. on the case.
   $ rsync $OPTIION /usr/src/.  /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/.

Works always. ;-)

Have a nice day,
Berny

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What am I doing wrong? (rsync) [solved]

jdd@dodin.org
In reply to this post by Carlos E. R.-2
Le 19/01/2018 à 21:50, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

> Solved: it was working, but I was looking at the wrong directory for the
> ls.


:-(

my own -c test is not yet finished (4Tb!!)

jdd


--
http://dodin.org

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What am I doing wrong? (rsync)

Ken Schneider - openSUSE
In reply to this post by Carlos E. R.-2
On 01/19/2018 02:31 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
>
>
> El 2018-01-19 a las 13:53 -0500, Ken Schneider - openSUSE escribió:
>
>> On 01/19/2018 06:29 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>  OPTIONS="--archive --acls --xattrs --hard-links --sparse --stats
>>>  --human-readable "
>>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src
>>>  /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>>>
>>>  copies nothing:
>>>
>
> ...
>
>>>  I have tried several variations, all fail:
>>>
>>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src  
>>> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/  
>>> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src  
>>> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
>>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/  
>>> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src/
>>>  time rsync $OPTIONS --one-file-system   /usr/src/*
>>> /data/Lareiserfs/MoveReiser/usr_src
>
> ...
>
>> Hi Carlos,
>>
>> It looks like you forgot the trailing "/" in the source-destination.
>> The trailing "/" is important.
>
> I tried all combinations of trailing slash. I said so above.
>

I saw that after I hit send. sorry for the noise.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]