Weblate upgrade to 2.6 on l10n.opensuse.org

Weblate upgrade to 2.6 on l10n.opensuse.org

Stanislav Brabec
Hi.

We just finished work on Weblate upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 on
http://l10n.opensuse.org/

Most important news:

It addresses several bugs.

Patch to make review of libzypp and zypper simpler.

It introduces API.

Full list of changes is available here:
https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/changes.html

l10n.opensuse.org now runs on a (hopefully) reproducible infrastructure,
that is publicly available:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/M17N:l10n.opensuse.org
(There are still some minor deployment automation issues, see FIXME
inside package sources.)

There is also a staging repository for the infrastructure testing:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/M17N:l10n.opensuse.org:staging

If you find a bug, feel free to report it to me.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer

Re: Weblate upgrade to 2.6 on l10n.opensuse.org

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
Dne čtvrtek 19. května 2016 20:23:23 CEST, Stanislav Brabec napsal(a):

> Hi.
>
> We just finished work on Weblate upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 on
> http://l10n.opensuse.org/
>
> Most important news:
>
> It addresses several bugs.
>
> Patch to make review of libzypp and zypper simpler.
>
> It introduces API.
>
> Full list of changes is available here:
> https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/changes.html
>
> l10n.opensuse.org now runs on a (hopefully) reproducible infrastructure,
> that is publicly available:
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/M17N:l10n.opensuse.org
> (There are still some minor deployment automation issues, see FIXME
> inside package sources.)
>
> There is also a staging repository for the infrastructure testing:
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/M17N:l10n.opensuse.org:staging
>
> If you find a bug, feel free to report it to me.
I'm really looking forward next version of Weblate and then
https://blog.cihar.com/archives/2016/05/19/wlc-03/?utm_source=rss2

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux

https://www.opensuse.org/
https://trapa.cz/

Re: Weblate upgrade to 2.6 on l10n.opensuse.org

Karl Ove Hufthammer
Vojtěch Zeisek skreiv 23. mai 2016 15:00:
>> >Full list of changes is available here:
>> >https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/changes.html
>> >
>> […]
> I'm really looking forward next version of Weblate and then
> https://blog.cihar.com/archives/2016/05/19/wlc-03/?utm_source=rss2

Looks very nice. It doesn’t support downloading or uploading
translations yet, AFAICS, but hopefully that will come in the future.

--

Karl Ove Hufthammer

Re: Weblate upgrade to 2.6 on l10n.opensuse.org

Ferdinand Galko

> Looks very nice. It doesn’t support downloading or uploading translations
> yet, AFAICS, but hopefully that will come in the future.
>

> --
>
> Karl Ove Hufthammer

Strange. I managed to download and upload translation file
zypper-master-sk.po without any problem.

Ferdinand

Re: Weblate upgrade to 2.6 on l10n.opensuse.org

Karl Ove Hufthammer
Ferdinand Galko skreiv 24. mai 2016 18:17:
>> >Looks very nice. It doesn’t support downloading or uploading translations
>> >yet, AFAICS, but hopefully that will come in the future.
> Strange. I managed to download and upload translation file
> zypper-master-sk.po without any problem.

Using ‘wlc’? It’s not listed as a feature yet, and I couldn’t find a
command-line option for it when I tried running it.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer

Re: Weblate upgrade to 2.6 on l10n.opensuse.org

Ferdinand Galko
>> Strange. I managed to download and upload translation file
>> zypper-master-sk.po without any problem.
>

> Using ‘wlc’? It’s not listed as a feature yet, and I couldn’t find a
> command-line option for it when I tried running it.
>
> --
> Karl Ove Hufthammer

No, no. I did not spot that you are talking about wlc.

But I have some little strange behaviour related to exported Gettex PO
files from Weblate in KDE Lokalize.
Lokalize was not able load po file when I used file from Download
translation as Gettex PO. Error message appeared.
So I used file Download original translation file (Gettex PO file).
This file was loaded by Lokalize without a problem.

This problem is new for me. Previous Weblate po files were read by
Lokalize without an error.
I do not know if it is problem of Weblate or Lokalize.

Ferdinand

Re: Weblate upgrade to 2.6 on l10n.opensuse.org

Karl Ove Hufthammer
Ferdinand Galko skreiv 25. mai 2016 09:30:
> But I have some little strange behaviour related to exported Gettex PO
> files from Weblate in KDE Lokalize.
> Lokalize was not able load po file when I used file from Download
> translation as Gettex PO. Error message appeared.
> So I used file Download original translation file (Gettex PO file).
> This file was loaded by Lokalize without a problem.

I can confirm this. Downloading files as ‘Gettext PO’ creates invalid PO
files. Using ‘Download original translation file (Gettext PO file)’
works fine. And this is the recommended way to download the files
anyway, as the ‘Gettext PO’ (and other download options) removes
translator credits and copyright information, i.e. results in data loss.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer