WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Basil Chupin-2
If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!

That's the *good* 'noos'.

The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
*"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .

DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....

I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
(nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .

(The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
those who bloody-well know what they are doing!

If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)

BC

--
"Will the highways of the internet become more few?"
     George W Bush

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Ed Greshko
Basil Chupin wrote:

> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
> to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!
>
> That's the *good* 'noos'.
>
> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
> degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
> *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .
>
> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....
>
> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .
>
> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
> those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
>
> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)

I have 4.3 with individual wallpapers on each desktop.  Yes, it wasn't
straight forward...so maybe 4.4 is the same?

--
Recursion n.: See Recursion. -- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

On 12/02/10 18:38, Ed Greshko wrote:

> Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
>> to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!
>>
>> That's the *good* 'noos'.
>>
>> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
>> degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
>> *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .
>>
>> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....
>>
>> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
>> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .
>>
>> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
>> those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
>>
>> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)
>>

> I have 4.3 with individual wallpapers on each desktop.  Yes, it wasn't
> straight forward...so maybe 4.4 is the same?

I cannot answer your question.....

"Yes, it wasn't straight forward."

The understatement of the decade, perhaps?  :-D

BC

--
"Will the highways of the internet become more few?"
     George W Bush

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Bob Williams
On Friday 12 Feb 2010 06:59:25 Basil Chupin wrote:

> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
> to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!
>
> That's the *good* 'noos'.
>
> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
> degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
> *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .
>
> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....
>
> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .
>
> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
> those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
>
> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)
>
> BC

How does it differ from the KDE 4.3 way of selecting a different activity for
each desktop first?

Bob
--
Registered Linux User #463880 FSFE Member #1300
GPG-FP: A6C1 457C 6DBA B13E 5524 F703 D12A FB79 926B 994E

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

dotancohen
On 12 February 2010 08:59, Basil Chupin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
> to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!
>
> That's the *good* 'noos'.
>
> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
> degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
> *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .
>
> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....
>
> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .
>
> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
> those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
>
> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)

Basil, please please write in detail about your experience, including
what you tired, what didn't work, and what could be improved. With
your input this situation could be improved for KDE 4.5. Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.

On 12/02/10 18:56, Bob Williams wrote:

> On Friday 12 Feb 2010 06:59:25 Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
>> to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!
>>
>> That's the *good* 'noos'.
>>
>> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
>> degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
>> *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .
>>
>> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....
>>
>> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
>> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .
>>
>> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
>> those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
>>
>> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)
>>
>> BC
>>

> How does it differ from the KDE 4.3 way of selecting a different activity for
> each desktop first?
>
> Bob

Sorry, Bob, cannot answer as I could never work out how it could be done
in 4.3 (even though I did try).

But tomorrow, after I have had some sleep and refreshed my mind, I will
set the Wallpaper for the remainder 3 Desktops so that they look like
they did in KDE3 and will report on how I managed to do it (which is
what Dotan also would like to know as part of trying to make it easier
for NORMAL, OFF-THE-STREET, EVERYDAY, users to get it done :-) .

(In the meantime, one could simply close one's eyes, left-click and
right-click in a few places and, VOILA! you just might strike it lucky :-D .

Intuition does not come into it.

Fuzzy logic and sheer luck is what it is all about. And also being aware
of what could suddenly be presented to you in SuSE/openSUSE nowadays
also helps :-D .)

BC

On 12/02/10 19:13, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 12 February 2010 08:59, Basil Chupin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
>> to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!
>>
>> That's the *good* 'noos'.
>>
>> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
>> degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
>> *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .
>>
>> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....
>>
>> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
>> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .
>>
>> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
>> those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
>>
>> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)
>>

> Basil, please please write in detail about your experience, including
> what you tired, what didn't work, and what could be improved. With
> your input this situation could be improved for KDE 4.5. Thanks.

See my response to Bob. Will do so tomorrow.

(As the Russian adage states, "The morning is wiser than the evening." :-) )

BC

--
"Will the highways of the internet become more few?"
     George W Bush

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Basil Chupin-2
On 12/02/10 19:13, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 12 February 2010 08:59, Basil Chupin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
>> to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!
>>
>> That's the *good* 'noos'.
>>
>> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
>> degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
>> *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .
>>
>> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....
>>
>> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
>> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .
>>
>> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
>> those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
>>
>> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)
>>

> Basil, please please write in detail about your experience, including
> what you tired, what didn't work, and what could be improved. With
> your input this situation could be improved for KDE 4.5. Thanks.

Dotan,

Let me start my 'tomorrow's' (which is now actually 'today's' :-) )
report on the topic by stating that just a few minutes ago there was a
power failure in my suburb. The computer went down. As a result, I lost
the settings for the Desktops which I spoke about in the earlier
post(s). Have to start again to get the settings I set hours ago :'( .

Nice. Very nice - *NOT*!

And I always believed that one did not have to reboot a Linux distro -
like Windows needs to be - in order to retain any (altered settings).

Come to think of it, when one runs zypper and it updates/upgrades your
s/ware it almost always 'tells' you that there are running apps which
you may want to restart, and to use 'ps' to see what they are.

Isn't that the same as stating, "Reboot system" for the changes to come
into effect?

(Moving towards the Windows approach by stealth....... :-( )

BC

--
"Will the highways of the internet become more few?"
     George W Bush

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Richard Atcheson-3
On Friday 12 February 2010 07:58:38 Basil Chupin wrote:

> And I always believed that one did not have to reboot a Linux distro -
> like Windows needs to be - in order to retain any (altered settings).
>
> Come to think of it, when one runs zypper and it updates/upgrades your
> s/ware it almost always 'tells' you that there are running apps which
> you may want to restart, and to use 'ps' to see what they are.
>
> Isn't that the same as stating, "Reboot system" for the changes to come
> into effect?
>
> (Moving towards the Windows approach by stealth....... :-( )

Basil, you broke the code!  It's hard to tell which is which now. Looks the
same and is just as difficult to do the simple things like arranging icons on
the desktop.  Mine futzed up and spread across the top and I stilll havent
located the place to reset 'em.  Never did find out how to get them to simply
stay where I put them.  Guess they call that progress.

Richard

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

dotancohen
> Let me start my 'tomorrow's' (which is now actually 'today's' :-) )
> report on the topic by stating that just a few minutes ago there was a
> power failure in my suburb. The computer went down. As a result, I lost
> the settings for the Desktops which I spoke about in the earlier
> post(s). Have to start again to get the settings I set hours ago :'( .

Some KDE applications' settings are saved on logout or when closing
the app. However, so far as I know Plasma settings are stored when you
set them. Which settings were lost?

> And I always believed that one did not have to reboot a Linux distro -
> like Windows needs to be - in order to retain any (altered settings).

No difference here. Applications are free to do what they choose, and
to save their settings when they choose.

> Come to think of it, when one runs zypper and it updates/upgrades your
> s/ware it almost always 'tells' you that there are running apps which
> you may want to restart, and to use 'ps' to see what they are.
>
> Isn't that the same as stating, "Reboot system" for the changes to come
> into effect?

Pretty much.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Anders Johansson-9
On Friday 12 February 2010 14:58:38 Basil Chupin wrote:
> Come to think of it, when one runs zypper and it updates/upgrades your
> s/ware it almost always 'tells' you that there are running apps which
> you may want to restart, and to use 'ps' to see what they are.
>
> Isn't that the same as stating, "Reboot system" for the changes to come
> into effect?

Of course it isn't, and I hate to say this, but only a windows user would be
unable to tell the difference.

In one case you have "you have to reboot your system because the kernel is
locking stuff that prevents us from completing the update"

In the other you have "according to 40 year old UNIX tradition, a running
process is still using the old version of the file, and it won't be finally
deleted until the process is restarted, at which point the program will get
the new version"

Now, don't be a windows user. Tell the difference

And don't bother telling me how long you've been using this or that. If you
have been using linux or unix for more than two weeks, you would not have made
that very silly comment

Anders

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

John Andersen-2
On 2/12/2010 12:13 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 12 February 2010 08:59, Basil Chupin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
>> to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!
>>
>> That's the *good* 'noos'.
>>
>> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
>> degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
>> *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .
>>
>> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....
>>
>> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
>> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .
>>
>> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
>> those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
>>
>> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)
>>

> Basil, please please write in detail about your experience, including
> what you tired, what didn't work, and what could be improved. With
> your input this situation could be improved for KDE 4.5. Thanks.

Wait, after two years of this nonsense you think it can be improved?

It was suggested many many times to simply toss out this idea of activities
and go back to allowing wallpapers on desktops as is done in ever other
linux desktop manager.

What makes you think the developers will listen NOW when they haven't
paid a bit of attention for the last 4 releases?

Dotan, your capacity for self delusion amazes me.

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Will Stephenson-2
On Friday 12 February 2010 23:01:58 John Andersen wrote:

> Wait, after two years of this nonsense you think it can be improved?
>
> It was suggested many many times to simply toss out this idea of activities
> and go back to allowing wallpapers on desktops as is done in ever other
> linux desktop manager.
>
> What makes you think the developers will listen NOW when they haven't
> paid a bit of attention for the last 4 releases?
>
> Dotan, your capacity for self delusion amazes me.

I know it's Friday night, but please restrain yourself from publicly casting
aspersions on list members who spend time working to solve these problems.
They might decide to chuck it in and leave this list and distro to become a
smoking cinder of negativity.

Regards

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Stan Goodman-3
At 00:01:58 on Saturday Saturday 13 February 2010, John Andersen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/12/2010 12:13 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > On 12 February 2010 08:59, Basil Chupin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now
> >> able to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper!
> >> 8-) . Waahoo!
> >>
> >> That's the *good* 'noos'.
> >>
> >> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a
> >> University degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *-
> >> otherwise known as *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this
> >> :-( .
> >>
> >> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test
> >> setup....
> >>
> >> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
> >> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved
> >> this :-( .
> >>
> >> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only
> >> for those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
> >>
> >> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)
> >
> > Basil, please please write in detail about your experience, including
> > what you tired, what didn't work, and what could be improved. With
> > your input this situation could be improved for KDE 4.5. Thanks.
>
> Wait, after two years of this nonsense you think it can be improved?
>
> It was suggested many many times to simply toss out this idea of
> activities and go back to allowing wallpapers on desktops as is done in
> ever other linux desktop manager.
>
> What makes you think the developers will listen NOW when they haven't
> paid a bit of attention for the last 4 releases?
>
> Dotan, your capacity for self delusion amazes me.

Out of curiosity... Does Novell ship kde4 with their enterprise product?
If so, have paying customers rebelled? Or do most of them just ignore it
and straightaway install Gnome?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Basil Chupin-2
On 12/02/10 19:13, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 12 February 2010 08:59, Basil Chupin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
>> to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!
>>
>> That's the *good* 'noos'.
>>
>> The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
>> degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
>> *"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .
>>
>> DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....
>>
>> I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
>> (nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .
>>
>> (The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
>> those who bloody-well know what they are doing!
>>
>> If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)
>>

> Basil, please please write in detail about your experience, including
> what you tired, what didn't work, and what could be improved. With
> your input this situation could be improved for KDE 4.5. Thanks.

OK, here it is.

As you may remember back in KDE3 one right-clicked (R-C) on a desktop,
selected Configure Desktop then selected in that menu each of your
desktops one by one (if you had more than one - I have 6) and applied a
separate Wallpaper of your choice to each desktop. You then clicked on
OK (or was that Apply/OK?), the menu would close and each desktop now
had a different wallpaper.

In KDE44 you need to select a desktop showing in the Taskbar (bottom
lefthand). Then you:

* R-C on the desktop

* left-click (L-C) on Desktop Activity Setting

* select and apply a wallpaper to this desktop

However, if this desktop is not the first one you started with (before
you created your additional desktops) you will not have any icons for
the applications you would normally run. To create those icons:

* R-C on the desktop

* L-C on Unlock Widgets

* R-C and select on the menu Add Widgets

* L-C on this and you will get at the BOTTOM of the screen a bank of
icons showing the widgets which are available

* find and DOUBLE L-C on the icon showing Desktop Folder - the Folder
will appear on your desktop; but this folder will contain a
representation of what you would see in Dolphin - which is not what you want

* to get what you had in KDE3 you need to get the sidebar-menu for the
folder by placing the cursor on the folder; then

* L-C on the "spanner" in the sidebar-menu

* from the menu which comes up, L-C on the Show Desktop Folder and the
folder will change to what you had in KDE; however

* this menu you have in front of you will, most likely, have the bottom
covered by the band of widgets (at the bottom of you screen) - and the
bottom of the menu has the OK button which you need to click on to "get
it all together"[1]

* L-C and HOLD on the top of the menu and drag it upwards to expose the
OK button; click on OK and the bottom band of widgets will disappear and
so will the menu

* now you need to adjust the size of the Folder on the desktop or
reposition if you want to

* once this is done, R-C on the desktop and select Lock Widgets

Done.

Now, you need to do all this for each and every desktop you have created.

Once you've done this several times it all becomes a piece of cake! :-)

BC

Fred A. Miller wrote:

> On 02/12/2010 02:38 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>

>> I have 4.3 with individual wallpapers on each desktop.  Yes, it wasn't
>> straight forward...so maybe 4.4 is the same?
>>

> Alright, how in thunder did you do it in 4.3?!!

1.   Go to the cashew in the upper right.  Select "Zoom Out".

2.   Choose "Configure Plasma" from the menu that is presented.

3.   Check "Different activity for each desktop" and the "OK"

4.   You should see a magnifying glass with a + inside at the base of a
desktop.   Click it to "Zoom In".

5.    On each desktop you can now right click, go to Desktop Settings,
and pick a different wallpaper for each desktop.

--
It is better to wear chains than to believe you are free, and weight
yourself down with invisible chains.

On 13/02/10 17:19, Ed Greshko wrote:

> Fred A. Miller wrote:
>
>> On 02/12/2010 02:38 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>

>>> I have 4.3 with individual wallpapers on each desktop.  Yes, it wasn't
>>> straight forward...so maybe 4.4 is the same?
>>>

>> Alright, how in thunder did you do it in 4.3?!!
>>

> 1.   Go to the cashew in the upper right.  Select "Zoom Out".
>
> 2.   Choose "Configure Plasma" from the menu that is presented.
>
> 3.   Check "Different activity for each desktop" and the "OK"
>
> 4.   You should see a magnifying glass with a + inside at the base of a
> desktop.   Click it to "Zoom In".
>
> 5.    On each desktop you can now right click, go to Desktop Settings,
> and pick a different wallpaper for each desktop.

But of course!

How could anyone not have worked out this very simple procedure? :-D

(Knowing this is now just a bit too late for me as I have switched to
KDE4.4 but many thanks for this information.)

BC

--
"If it weren't for electricity we'd be all watching televion by candlelight."
                George Gobel

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Fred A. Miller
On 02/13/2010 12:55 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:

> Fred A. Miller wrote:
>> On 02/12/2010 02:38 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>

>>> I have 4.3 with individual wallpapers on each desktop.  Yes, it wasn't
>>> straight forward...so maybe 4.4 is the same?
>>>

>> Alright, how in thunder did you do it in 4.3?!!
>>

> 1.   Go to the cashew in the upper right.  Select "Zoom Out".
>
> 2.   Choose "Configure Plasma" from the menu that is presented.
>
> 3.   Check "Different activity for each desktop" and the "OK"
>
> 4.   You should see a magnifying glass with a + inside at the base of
> a desktop.   Click it to "Zoom In".
>
> 5.    On each desktop you can now right click, go to Desktop Settings,
> and pick a different wallpaper for each desktop.

Thanks, Ed! 'Not obviously well known to everyone....sure works well!

Fred

--
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to
allow the people to carry arms.  History shows that all

Re: "The morning is wiser than the evening."

Rajko M.
On Friday 12 February 2010 04:12:59 Basil Chupin wrote:
> (As the Russian adage states, "The morning is wiser than the evening." :-)

Not only Russian.
Jutro je pametnije od večeri. (HR)
Јутро је паметније од вечери. (RS)

To add one in cyrilic (RS), is kind of adventure.
Go to Configure dialog, remove one of 4 layouts, add Serbian (RS), write the
sentence, go back there and bring back previously removed layout.

It tells the same, just using Serbian cyrilic that is a bit different then
Russian, so it can't be used instead.

Problem is that keyboard switcher author thinks that one person can't use more
then 4 different language layouts, so with that limitation I have to live with
us, hr, de, ru, and rely on fact that majority of my generation can read both
latin and cyrilic fonts, so hr installed works for both :)

( Dotan something for you :)

--
Regards Rajko,

Re: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!

Vadym Krevs
Basil is right, this issue is ridiculous.

All versions of KDE 4.x until 4.3.5 on 2 of my desktops had no
problems with separate wallpapers for each virtual desktop. KDE 4.3.5
broke this functionality
(https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=224775). And now, as Basil had
described in the previous post, KDE 4.4.0 offers an over-complicated
solution involving different activities to a problem that should not
have existed in the first place. Can someone explain why do we need
both virtual desktops and activities?

Regards,
Vadym