Visas for openSUSE Conference

ddemaio
Hi all,

If you plan on attending the openSUSE Conference in Prague this year,
please be aware that you might need a visa. You can find out more
details about what is need at
https://news.opensuse.org/2018/01/29/find-out-the-visa-requirements-to-attend-osc18/

If you do need an invitation letter, please email me.

v/r

Doug

Re: Visas for openSUSE Conference

Per Jessen
ddemaio wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If you plan on attending the openSUSE Conference in Prague this year,
> please be aware that you might need a visa. You can find out more
> details about what is need at
>https://news.opensuse.org/2018/01/29/find-out-the-visa-requirements-to-attend-osc18/

I think perhaps this needs a minor clarification:

"... visa for those who are not citizen of the European Union."

to:

"... visa for those who are not a citizen of a Schengen country."

Not all Schengen members are EU members and vice versa.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.7°C)
http://www.hostsuisse.com/ - virtual servers, made in Switzerland.

Re: Visas for openSUSE Conference

ddemaio
I'll make the change.

v/r

Doug

On 01/29/2018 01:19 PM, Per Jessen wrote:

> ddemaio wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If you plan on attending the openSUSE Conference in Prague this year,
>> please be aware that you might need a visa. You can find out more
>> details about what is need at
>> https://news.opensuse.org/2018/01/29/find-out-the-visa-requirements-to-attend-osc18/
> I think perhaps this needs a minor clarification:
>
> "... visa for those who are not citizen of the European Union."
>
> to:
>
> "... visa for those who are not a citizen of a Schengen country."
>
> Not all Schengen members are EU members and vice versa.

Re: Visas for openSUSE Conference

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
Dne pondělí 29. ledna 2018 13:19:13 CET, Per Jessen napsal(a):

> ddemaio wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > If you plan on attending the openSUSE Conference in Prague this year,
> > please be aware that you might need a visa. You can find out more
> > details about what is need at
> >
> >https://news.opensuse.org/2018/01/29/find-out-the-visa-requirements-to-atte
> >nd-osc18/
> I think perhaps this needs a minor clarification:
>
> "... visa for those who are not citizen of the European Union."
>
> to:
>
> "... visa for those who are not a citizen of a Schengen country."
>
> Not all Schengen members are EU members and vice versa.

Well, true, but in this case it is union of sets. :-) Visas are not required
for citizens of EU, neither of non-EU Schengen countries (and of many other
countries).

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/