Using a third party repository with a OBS project

Using a third party repository with a OBS project

Rahul S
Hi,

I am new to OBS. I have created the appliance and got it working.
There is a specific problem I am trying to solve. It will be great if
someone can point me at the right documentation.

I have to build a package on SLES12SP2. The package has build-time
dependency on a few rpms which are published in a separate non-OBS rpm
repository. How can I configure this ?

Regards,

-Rahul

Re: Using a third party repository with a OBS project

Adrian Schröter
On Mittwoch, 3. Januar 2018, 06:08:56 CET wrote Rahul S:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to OBS. I have created the appliance and got it working.
> There is a specific problem I am trying to solve. It will be great if
> someone can point me at the right documentation.
>
> I have to build a package on SLES12SP2. The package has build-time
> dependency on a few rpms which are published in a separate non-OBS rpm
> repository. How can I configure this ?

You need to ask your OBS administrator to configure the repository as
"Download On Demand" resource.

However, we only do so for base distributions on build.opensuse.org usually.

But it sounds you run your own instance, so you can just do so as the Admin
user:

  http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.concepts.html#concept_dod

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 1:55 PM, Adrian Schröter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mittwoch, 3. Januar 2018, 06:08:56 CET wrote Rahul S:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to OBS. I have created the appliance and got it working.
>> There is a specific problem I am trying to solve. It will be great if
>> someone can point me at the right documentation.
>>
>> I have to build a package on SLES12SP2. The package has build-time
>> dependency on a few rpms which are published in a separate non-OBS rpm
>> repository. How can I configure this ?
>
> You need to ask your OBS administrator to configure the repository as
> "Download On Demand" resource.
>
> However, we only do so for base distributions on build.opensuse.org usually.
>
> But it sounds you run your own instance, so you can just do so as the Admin
> user:
>
>   http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.concepts.html#concept_dod

Thanks Adrian. I got that working using a DoD repo.

The documentation says that when DoD repositories are used, packages
are automatically updated when new upstream releases are available.
This isn't working fo me.

To test this, I did the following:
1. create a test rpm repository with a few rpms using the 'createrepo' command
2. configure a OBS project to use the above repo
3. create a new package in OBS which has a build time dependency on a
package in this repo - the package successfully got built
4. use 'rpmrebuild' to increment the 'release' of the rpm in my test
repo and re-run 'createrepo'

I have waited for more than 12 hours. My OBS project has not got
rebuilt. Why isn't it getting rebuilt ? In fact, my new rpm has been
downloaded by OBS and can be found under
'/srv/obs/build/test/SLE_12_SP3/x86_64/:full'.

Following is my project's meta data:

<project name="test">
  <title>test</title>
  <description/>
  <person userid="Admin" role="maintainer"/>
  <useforbuild>
    <disable/>
  </useforbuild>
  <repository name="SLE_12_SP3">
    <download arch="x86_64" url="http://something.com/srahul/myrepo"
repotype="rpmmd"/>
    <path project="openSUSE.org:SUSE:SLE-12-SP3:GA" repository="standard"/>
    <arch>x86_64</arch>
  </repository>
</project>

Regards,