Upgrading Problem, 11.0 to 11.4, back to 11.0

Upgrading Problem, 11.0 to 11.4, back to 11.0

Robert Rea
I tried to go from 11.0 to 11.4. In trying to configure the
Desktop and KDE, my video went wonky, that is to say a
mess. I don't know what I did. When I reinstalled 11.4, all
I got in KDE was a blank screen. I reinstalled 11.0 from a
cd. So I list any upgrades and other things that I had
added.

I recall somewhile back someone saying there was a
repository for 11.0 saved somewhere. Could someone kindly
tell me where.

--
Bob Rea
mailto:[hidden email]

Where is Bill Stringfellow
        now that we really need him?

Re: Upgrading Problem, 11.0 to 11.4, back to 11.0

Per Jessen-2
Bob Rea wrote:

> I tried to go from 11.0 to 11.4. In trying to configure the
> Desktop and KDE, my video went wonky, that is to say a
> mess. I don't know what I did. When I reinstalled 11.4, all
> I got in KDE was a blank screen. I reinstalled 11.0 from a
> cd. So I list any upgrades and other things that I had
> added.
>
> I recall somewhile back someone saying there was a
> repository for 11.0 saved somewhere. Could someone kindly
> tell me where.

I think ftp.gwdg.de keeps discontinued repos.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.3°C)

Re: Upgrading Problem, 11.0 to 11.4, back to 11.0

Felix Miata-3
On 2012/03/03 18:58 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

> I think ftp.gwdg.de keeps discontinued repos.

It and ftp5.gwdg.de are not identical twins. AFAICT, only the latter has the
discontinueds. http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/discontinued/distribution/

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Solved Re: [opensuse] Upgrading Problem, 11.0 to 11.4, back to 11.0

Robert Rea
On Saturday 03 March 2012 12:58:05 pm Per Jessen wrote:

> Bob Rea wrote:
> > I tried to go from 11.0 to 11.4. In trying to configure
> > the Desktop and KDE, my video went wonky, that is to
> > say a mess. I don't know what I did. When I reinstalled
> > 11.4, all I got in KDE was a blank screen. I
> > reinstalled 11.0 from a cd. So I list any upgrades and
> > other things that I had added.
> >
> > I recall somewhile back someone saying there was a
> > repository for 11.0 saved somewhere. Could someone
> > kindly tell me where.
>
> I think ftp.gwdg.de keeps discontinued repos.

Thanks you kindly. I was about to set up and use those
repos. Bliss!

--
Bob Rea
mailto:[hidden email]