Updated wiki page SDB:LAMP_setup

Freek de Kruijf-2
I updated the wiki page http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:LAMP_setup

I hope someone will approve that page.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf

Re: Updated wiki page SDB:LAMP_setup

Andreas Jaeger-8
On 10/26/2013 05:15 PM, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
> I updated the wiki page http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:LAMP_setup
>
> I hope someone will approve that page.

Freek, how will people find this page? If you go to "What links here?"
nothing is listed. Please add some Categories and links for it,

Andreas

Op zaterdag 26 oktober 2013 18:49:02 schreef Andreas Jaeger:
> On 10/26/2013 05:15 PM, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
> > I updated the wiki page http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:LAMP_setup
> >
> > I hope someone will approve that page.
>
> Freek, how will people find this page? If you go to "What links here?"
> nothing is listed. Please add some Categories and links for it,
>
> Andreas

I added 2 categories, added http://en.opensuse.org/Apache2 and the header of
Category Web server I also added some text to two other pages.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf

Re: Updated wiki page SDB:LAMP_setup

G G-13
Hi,
why have you created a new page while already exists this [0]? IMHO it
is better to modify it directly (adding console commands ecc.) instead
of creating a whole new page.

(In the italian wiki [1] we have updated that page with new screenshot
(obviously in italian)).

Bye
hawake

[0] http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linux_Apache_MySQL_PHP
[1] https://it.opensuse.org/SDB:Linux_Apache_MySQL_PHP

Re: Updated wiki page SDB:LAMP_setup

Rajko M.
On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 17:30:45 +0100
G G <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> why have you created a new page while already exists this [0]? IMHO it
> is better to modify it directly (adding console commands ecc.) instead
> of creating a whole new page.

He had the same problem as many other, eg. missing links from other
articles to find LAMP by browsing, and search engine returning nothing
for query "lamp".

The fun is that we have appropriate Google search at:
 http://en.opensuse.org/MediaWiki:GoogleSearch

which is also linked at:
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Support

but as it is not open source and reveals more that once, long ago, we
wanted to reveal it is not default search.

I think it is time to evaluate search again.

--
Regards, Rajko.

Re: Updated wiki page SDB:LAMP_setup

G G-13
Hi,

> He had the same problem as many other, eg. missing links from other
> articles to find LAMP by browsing, and search engine returning nothing
> for query "lamp".

IMHO the main problem with the openSUSE Wiki search engine is about
its configuration. As you can see in [0], actually the default search
is done only in "(main)" and "Portal" namespaces, while should be
selected all checkboxes of namespaces to search in. Furthermore, pages
need to be done in a certain way: categories, links from each other
and so on.

Bye
hawake

[0] http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=linux%20apache&fulltext=Search&profile=advanced&redirs=1

Op zondag 27 oktober 2013 17:30:45 schreef G G:

> Hi,
> why have you created a new page while already exists this [0]? IMHO it
> is better to modify it directly (adding console commands ecc.) instead
> of creating a whole new page.
>
> (In the italian wiki [1] we have updated that page with new screenshot
> (obviously in italian)).
>
> Bye
> hawake
>

> [0] http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linux_Apache_MySQL_PHP
> [1] https://it.opensuse.org/SDB:Linux_Apache_MySQL_PHP

I did not start the page I changed, it was there already and I found it by
searching on the word LAMP, which did not show the above article. The article
I updated was rather old, February 2011. Also the above mentioned is made for
11.1, and needs updates as well. For instance, phpMyAdmin is now a package in
the oss repository.

Searching for it was started by a question on the opensuse-factory list and I
was testing the installation of a LAMP server in openSUSE 13.1.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf

Re: Updated wiki page SDB:LAMP_setup

G G-13
Hi,

> I did not start the page I changed, it was there already and I found it by
> searching on the word LAMP, which did not show the above article. The article
> I updated was rather old, February 2011. Also the above mentioned is made for
> 11.1, and needs updates as well. For instance, phpMyAdmin is now a package in
> the oss repository.
>
> Searching for it was started by a question on the opensuse-factory list and I
> was testing the installation of a LAMP server in openSUSE 13.1.

Ok, understood.

In the italian wiki we updated SDB:Linux_Apache_MySQL_PHP when
openSUSE 12.1 came out (we had verified all the steps and uploaded
updated screenshots). I think that is time to update it again.

If you are going to change that page, we can wait for your updates, so
that both wikis will be up-to-date.

Bye
hawake

--
Linux user number 433087
Linux registered machine number 351448

Op maandag 28 oktober 2013 23:21:04 schreef G G:

> Hi,
>
> > I did not start the page I changed, it was there already and I found it by
> > searching on the word LAMP, which did not show the above article. The
> > article I updated was rather old, February 2011. Also the above mentioned
> > is made for 11.1, and needs updates as well. For instance, phpMyAdmin is
> > now a package in the oss repository.
> >
> > Searching for it was started by a question on the opensuse-factory list
> > and I was testing the installation of a LAMP server in openSUSE 13.1.
>
> Ok, understood.
>
> In the italian wiki we updated SDB:Linux_Apache_MySQL_PHP when
> openSUSE 12.1 came out (we had verified all the steps and uploaded
> updated screenshots). I think that is time to update it again.
>
> If you are going to change that page, we can wait for your updates, so
> that both wikis will be up-to-date.
>
> Bye
> hawake

I did some updating on both wiki pages, but only to make referencing easier.
Both now use the template Knowledge at the beginning of the article, which
should be updated when adapted to higher versions of openSUSE.

So SDB:Linux_Apache_MySQL_PHP still need updating to higher versions.

I also completed the page SDB:Native_IPv6 and created the page Apache2, a page
to describe a software packet. They all need approval.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf