Update to 1210

A. den Oudsten
During zypper dup to1210 I got

Ctr+Alt+F2

log in ctl unlock-session1

Ctrl+Alt-F7

That did not work!

After update with snapshot1210 all worked well,

but I had lost the choice for Windows10 during start up.

How can I correct this?

Thanks

André den Oudsten

Re: Update to 1210

Stakanov Schufter
In data martedì 12 dicembre 2017 21:54:26 CET, A. den Oudsten ha scritto:

> During zypper dup to1210 I got
>
> Ctr+Alt+F2
>
> log in ctl unlock-session1
>
> Ctrl+Alt-F7
>
> That did not work!
>
> After update with snapshot1210 all worked well,
>
> but I had lost the choice for Windows10 during start up.
>
> How can I correct this?
>
> Thanks
>
> André den Oudsten
I do not really understand. Do you speak about Tumbleweed? Then you have to
post to [hidden email] (at least it seems to me the usual way to do).

Or do you speak of leap?

Anyway: do you refer to the error message "the screensaver broke".... unlock
sessions with....

Then you sintax is erroneous.

For what is the grub entry, you have to control this via yast, boot-loader.

But first I would have to understand what you are actually writing about...

Re: Update to 1210

Knurpht-openSUSE
Op dinsdag 12 december 2017 21:54:26 CET schreef A. den Oudsten:

> During zypper dup to1210 I got
>
> Ctr+Alt+F2
>
> log in ctl unlock-session1
>
> Ctrl+Alt-F7
>
> That did not work!
>
> After update with snapshot1210 all worked well,
>
> but I had lost the choice for Windows10 during start up.
>
> How can I correct this?
>
> Thanks
>
> André den Oudsten

Exactly at what moment during upgrade ? From your mail I get that it was only
during upgrade.
Use YaST's bootloader module to fix the bootloader issue

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team

Re: Update to 1210

A. den Oudsten

Op 12-12-17 om 22:49 schreef Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:

> Op dinsdag 12 december 2017 21:54:26 CET schreef A. den Oudsten:
>> During zypper dup to1210 I got
>>
>> Ctr+Alt+F2
>>
>> log in ctl unlock-session1
>>
>> Ctrl+Alt-F7
>>
>> That did not work!
>>
>> After update with snapshot1210 all worked well,
>>
>> but I had lost the choice for Windows10 during start up.
>>
>> How can I correct this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> André den Oudsten
> Exactly at what moment during upgrade ? From your mail I get that it was only
> during upgrade.
somewhere during the more than 500 activities
> Use YaST's bootloader module to fix the bootloader issue
How do I do that?

Thanks
André

Re: Update to 1210

Stakanov Schufter
In data martedì 12 dicembre 2017 23:27:00 CET, A. den Oudsten ha scritto:

> Op 12-12-17 om 22:49 schreef Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
> > Op dinsdag 12 december 2017 21:54:26 CET schreef A. den Oudsten:
> >> During zypper dup to1210 I got
> >>
> >> Ctr+Alt+F2
> >>
> >> log in ctl unlock-session1
> >>
> >> Ctrl+Alt-F7
> >>
> >> That did not work!
> >>
> >> After update with snapshot1210 all worked well,
> >>
> >> but I had lost the choice for Windows10 during start up.
> >>
> >> How can I correct this?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> André den Oudsten
> >
> > Exactly at what moment during upgrade ? From your mail I get that it was
> > only during upgrade.
>
> somewhere during the more than 500 activities
>
> > Use YaST's bootloader module to fix the bootloader issue
>
> How do I do that?
>
> Thanks
> André

Provided you have access to a GUI:
open yast, choose "system" there selct "boot loader".
Go to "bootloader options" and check "verify other OS" is checked.
Look in the drop down menu below it that the enty of you choice is presented
as first entry.
Save and close.

If during update you had a problem with packages make sure to run "zypper
verify" to see that all is O.K.

In case you do not have a GUI.
Go to a console (any from tty1 to tty6 that is free.
Log into it as your usual user. At the promt emit: sudo yast
This will open the ncurses interface of yast. It will be blue and green I
think. Nothing to worry about, you do not have mouse support and have to
navigate with tab.
Every tab makes the highlighted menu jump one position. Once you are where you
want to be, you select the entry with enter.
The order is the same.

Once you are done, for the sake of being on the save side, closed yast run
sudo dracut -f
restart with shutdown -r now to see if all is as desired.

Re: Update to 1210

Oliver Kurz-2
On Tuesday, 12 December 2017 23:27:00 CET A. den Oudsten wrote:

> Op 12-12-17 om 22:49 schreef Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
> > Op dinsdag 12 december 2017 21:54:26 CET schreef A. den Oudsten:
> >> During zypper dup to1210 I got
> >>
> >> Ctr+Alt+F2
> >>
> >> log in ctl unlock-session1
> >>
> >> Ctrl+Alt-F7
> >>
> >> That did not work!
> >>
> >> After update with snapshot1210 all worked well,
> >>
> >> but I had lost the choice for Windows10 during start up.
> >>
> >> How can I correct this?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> André den Oudsten
> >
> > Exactly at what moment during upgrade ? From your mail I get that it was
> > only during upgrade.
>
> somewhere during the more than 500 activities
>
> > Use YaST's bootloader module to fix the bootloader issue
>
> How do I do that?

There is a yast configuration module called "bootloader". Either click that in
the YaST UI or call it in terminal mode in a root terminal with "yast2
bootloader".

Re: Update to 1210

A. den Oudsten

Op 12-12-17 om 23:39 schreef stakanov:

> Provided you have access to a GUI:
> open yast, choose "system" there selct "boot loader".
> Go to "bootloader options" and check "verify other OS" is checked.
> Look in the drop down menu below it that the enty of you choice is presented
> as first entry.
> Save and close.

It's indeed as simple as that!!  Thanks

André