Update process for openSUSE/obs_factory

Jimmy Berry-2
What is the process to see obs_factory updates deployed? From what I can tell
there are a number of commits prior to mine that have not been deployed. As
such I would like to followup to ensure the deployment happens.

For reference the primary change of interest:

- openSUSE/obs_factory#69

The bugfix in #70 would be nice and #68 is a documentation update that can
also be used to simplify packaging.

I see the package OBS:Server:2.6/obs-factory-engine which seems to be the
right place although it has not been updated in quite a while and points to
the openSUSE-Team namespace.

Let me know if this is correct (or what is) and I can create an SR to update
to latest code.

Jimmy

Re: Update process for openSUSE/obs_factory

Adrian Schröter

On Dienstag, 14. März 2017, 22:06:58 CET wrote Jimmy Berry:

> What is the process to see obs_factory updates deployed? From what I can tell

> there are a number of commits prior to mine that have not been deployed. As

> such I would like to followup to ensure the deployment happens.

> For reference the primary change of interest:

> - openSUSE/obs_factory#69

It should get updated via the

OBS:Server:Unstable obs-factory-engine

package. Usually together on thursday morning.

However that package seems not to use the automatic trigger mechanism anymore.

Also it is using the old tar_scm service .... will change that now, so you

should get an update tomorrow.

But you should check in github if there is no trigger service registered anymore

for OBS?

--

Adrian Schroeter

email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5

90409 Nürnberg

Germany

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:01:27 AM CDT Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Dienstag, 14. März 2017, 22:06:58 CET wrote Jimmy Berry:
> > What is the process to see obs_factory updates deployed? From what I can
> > tell there are a number of commits prior to mine that have not been
> > deployed. As such I would like to followup to ensure the deployment
> > happens.
> >
> > For reference the primary change of interest:
> >
> > - openSUSE/obs_factory#69
>
> It should get updated via the
>
>  OBS:Server:Unstable obs-factory-engine
>
> package. Usually together on thursday morning.
>
> However that package seems not to use the automatic trigger mechanism
> anymore. Also it is using the old tar_scm service .... will change that
> now, so you should get an update tomorrow.
>
> But you should check in github if there is no trigger service registered
> anymore for OBS?

I do not have such access for the repository in question.

--
Jimmy

Re: Update process for openSUSE/obs_factory

Jimmy Berry-2
On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:01:27 AM CDT Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Dienstag, 14. März 2017, 22:06:58 CET wrote Jimmy Berry:
> > What is the process to see obs_factory updates deployed? From what I can
> > tell there are a number of commits prior to mine that have not been
> > deployed. As such I would like to followup to ensure the deployment
> > happens.
> >
> > For reference the primary change of interest:
> >
> > - openSUSE/obs_factory#69
>
> It should get updated via the
>
>  OBS:Server:Unstable obs-factory-engine
>
> package. Usually together on thursday morning.
>
> However that package seems not to use the automatic trigger mechanism
> anymore. Also it is using the old tar_scm service .... will change that
> now, so you should get an update tomorrow.
>
> But you should check in github if there is no trigger service registered
> anymore for OBS?
>
> > The bugfix in #70 would be nice and #68 is a documentation update that can
> > also be used to simplify packaging.
> >
> > I see the package OBS:Server:2.6/obs-factory-engine which seems to be the
> > right place although it has not been updated in quite a while and points
> > the openSUSE-Team namespace.
> >
> > Let me know if this is correct (or what is) and I can create an SR to
> > update to latest code.
> >
> > Thanks,

Thanks for fixing the deployment chain. I verified the aggregate call is
available in production today and sent out openSUSE/osc-plugin-factory#762 to
utilize it!

--
Jimmy