Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
I'm wondering what is the policy and what decides which package versions
that become updated to the current released openSUSE vs which versions
that only become available on the factory and upcoming openSUSE version?

I.e. Semonkey 1.0.99 = version 1.1b(eta) is still the version for both
the current openSUSE 10.2 and on the Factory list. According to
Mozilla/Seamonkey the 1.1 beta was released on November 8, 2006, the
final 1.1 was released on Jan 18, 2007 and the current version 1.1.1 was
released recently on February 28. Especially as 1.1b is a beta, I had
waited an update for openSUSE 10.2.

OpenOffice_org 2.0.4 was released with openSUSE 10.2, while OpenOffice
2.1 is the current Factory version. The current OpenOffice 2.1.0 is
available on the Factory list.

Are there any chances that updates for Seamonkey and OpenOffice will
become available for openSUSE?

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen












---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Marcus Meissner
On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 03:44:49PM +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> I'm wondering what is the policy and what decides which package versions
> that become updated to the current released openSUSE vs which versions
> that only become available on the factory and upcoming openSUSE version?
>
> I.e. Semonkey 1.0.99 = version 1.1b(eta) is still the version for both
> the current openSUSE 10.2 and on the Factory list. According to
> Mozilla/Seamonkey the 1.1 beta was released on November 8, 2006, the
> final 1.1 was released on Jan 18, 2007 and the current version 1.1.1 was
> released recently on February 28. Especially as 1.1b is a beta, I had
> waited an update for openSUSE 10.2.

seamonkey 1.1.1 will be released for openSUSE 10.2 in the next week.

> OpenOffice_org 2.0.4 was released with openSUSE 10.2, while OpenOffice
> 2.1 is the current Factory version. The current OpenOffice 2.1.0 is
> available on the Factory list.
>
> Are there any chances that updates for Seamonkey and OpenOffice will
> become available for openSUSE?

OpenOffice 2.0.4 will likely stay for openSUSE 10.2, since we do not
do version upgrades (if not absolutely necessary).

Ciao, Marcus
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
Marcus Meissner wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 03:44:49PM +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>  
>> I'm wondering what is the policy and what decides which package versions
>> that become updated to the current released openSUSE vs which versions
>> that only become available on the factory and upcoming openSUSE version?
>>
>> I.e. Semonkey 1.0.99 = version 1.1b(eta) is still the version for both
>> the current openSUSE 10.2 and on the Factory list. According to
>> Mozilla/Seamonkey the 1.1 beta was released on November 8, 2006, the
>> final 1.1 was released on Jan 18, 2007 and the current version 1.1.1 was
>> released recently on February 28. Especially as 1.1b is a beta, I had
>> waited an update for openSUSE 10.2.
>>    
>
> seamonkey 1.1.1 will be released for openSUSE 10.2 in the next week.
>  

OK, fine. I'm curious to see if Seamonkey Navigator scales web pages
correctly now. Even 1.1 on Windows scales up my bank web pages so that
horisontal scrollbar always is neccessary. For one or another reason it
is neither possible to scale down these pages. In Firefox the same pages
scale correctly.

>  
>> OpenOffice_org 2.0.4 was released with openSUSE 10.2, while OpenOffice
>> 2.1 is the current Factory version. The current OpenOffice 2.1.0 is
>> available on the Factory list.
>>
>> Are there any chances that updates for Seamonkey and OpenOffice will
>> become available for openSUSE?
>>    
>
> OpenOffice 2.0.4 will likely stay for openSUSE 10.2, since we do not
> do version upgrades (if not absolutely necessary).
>  

Ok, I see. I tried to upgrade with the Factory OpenSuse 2.1 rpms on the
openSUSE 10.2 installation, but the dependices of some newer libs would
have caused conflicts with other parts of the 10.2 distro.


Thanks,
Terje


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Peter Buschbacher-2
In reply to this post by Terje J. Hanssen
Am Sonntag, 4. März 2007 schrieb Terje J. Hanssen:
>
> OpenOffice_org 2.0.4 was released with openSUSE 10.2, while OpenOffice
> 2.1 is the current Factory version. The current OpenOffice 2.1.0 is
> available on the Factory list.
>

You´ll find the OpenOffice 2.1.0 rpm under projects on the opensuse.org
ftp-server (or mirrors?).

Peter Buschbacher
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
In reply to this post by Terje J. Hanssen
Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> Marcus Meissner wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 03:44:49PM +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>>
>>> I'm wondering what is the policy and what decides which package versions
>>> that become updated to the current released openSUSE vs which versions
>>> that only become available on the factory and upcoming openSUSE version?
>>>
>>> I.e. Semonkey 1.0.99 = version 1.1b(eta) is still the version for both
>>> the current openSUSE 10.2 and on the Factory list. According to
>>> Mozilla/Seamonkey the 1.1 beta was released on November 8, 2006, the
>>> final 1.1 was released on Jan 18, 2007 and the current version 1.1.1 was
>>> released recently on February 28. Especially as 1.1b is a beta, I had
>>> waited an update for openSUSE 10.2.
>>>
>> seamonkey 1.1.1 will be released for openSUSE 10.2 in the next week.
>>
>
> OK, fine. I'm curious to see if Seamonkey Navigator scales web pages
> correctly now. Even 1.1 on Windows scales up my bank web pages so that
> horisontal scrollbar always is neccessary. For one or another reason it
> is neither possible to scale down these pages. In Firefox the same pages
> scale correctly.
>
A little follow up:

While the current OpenOffice version 2.1 for openSUSE 10.2 was found
available on
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/OpenOffice.org/

the corresponding project for Seamonkey does only contain the old 1.0.5
version on
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/mozilla/seamonkey

Where is really the updated Seamonkey 1.1.x project hosted?

Rgds,
Terje

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Carlos E. R.-2
In reply to this post by Marcus Meissner
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


The Sunday 2007-03-04 at 20:26 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:

...

> > Are there any chances that updates for Seamonkey and OpenOffice will
> > become available for openSUSE?
>
> OpenOffice 2.0.4 will likely stay for openSUSE 10.2, since we do not
> do version upgrades (if not absolutely necessary).

How about:

<ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/OpenOffice.org/10.2-i386/2.1-0.1>

They are prepared by Petr Mladek, I think. I haven't installed them yet,
it's on my to-do list.

- --
Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine 1.76

iD8DBQFF7DW5tTMYHG2NR9URAiGgAJ9ElDWPftMa+UDMKZ6IQzjuIkhvwQCfVNpb
cHKXJDYRz8Uc/xoXNIBoQww=
=ZYAm
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
Carlos E. R. wrote:

>
> The Sunday 2007-03-04 at 20:26 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
>
> ...
>
> >> Are there any chances that updates for Seamonkey and OpenOffice will
> >> become available for openSUSE?
> > OpenOffice 2.0.4 will likely stay for openSUSE 10.2, since we do not
> > do version upgrades (if not absolutely necessary).
>
> How about:
>
> <ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/OpenOffice.org/10.2-i386/2.1-0.1>
>
> They are prepared by Petr Mladek, I think. I haven't installed them yet,
> it's on my to-do list.
>
Indeed I already had installed OpenOffice 2.1 rpms on openSUSE 10.2 by
downloading and unpacking OOo_2.1.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US.tar.gz
directly from http://www.openoffice.org/
This wasn't the Novell Edition with the Novell extensions (mono, agfa
fonts etc).

After the suggestion from Peter Buschbacheropening yesterday, I search
around without finding the OpenOffice project on opensuse.org. However,
confusing enough (as previous discussed on this forum), I happened to
find the OpenOffice 2.1 rpms instead on
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/

I've deleted my first installation above and replaced it a new
installation by the latter 2.1 Novell editon.

However, I became unsure if the OpenOffice Quickstarter is the same in
the two editions. On the OpenOffice Edition, the icon for the OpenOffice
Quickstarter menu at right on the Gnome panel, looked like the Writer
icon as shown on http://www.openoffice.org/

No Quickstarter was automatically added on the Gnome panel during the
Novell Edition installation (maybe this didn't happend automatically
during the first installation either, but it bacame permanent on the
panel).

However there is a package OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514 which can
be started with the command /opt/kde3/bin/oooqs

Because this command temporary adds the previous (old) K-icon on the
Gnome panel instead, I became unsure if this is the same quickstarter as
used by the OpenOffice edition? (yes, I know Novell else has changed the
OOo applications square icons to round icons). Wasn't there a Gnome OOo
applet also?

Rgds,
Terje


 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Scott Jones-6
In reply to this post by Terje J. Hanssen
On Monday 05 March 2007, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> the corresponding project for Seamonkey does only contain the old 1.0.5
> version on
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/mozilla/seamonkey
>
> Where is really the updated Seamonkey 1.1.x project hosted?

http://software.opensuse.org/download/mozilla/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
Scott Jones wrote:

> On Monday 05 March 2007, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>
>> the corresponding project for Seamonkey does only contain the old 1.0.5
>> version on
>> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/mozilla/seamonkey
>>
>> Where is really the updated Seamonkey 1.1.x project hosted?
>
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/mozilla/
>
Thank you for the link. I've already upgraded to Seamonkey 1.1.1 and more.

Rgds,
Terje


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Carlos E. R.-2
In reply to this post by Terje J. Hanssen
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


The Monday 2007-03-05 at 15:07 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

...

> No Quickstarter was automatically added on the Gnome panel during the
> Novell Edition installation (maybe this didn't happend automatically
> during the first installation either, but it bacame permanent on the
> panel).

There is no "ooqs" file listed in the "repodata/*" files, so you can't
have it in the panel.

- --
Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine 1.76

iD8DBQFF7K0OtTMYHG2NR9URAtNqAJ9WC2ano+ADlpEq+AaKmVGxXCGRGQCaAleF
XGP/s+Q9223uCyeYgIg1GII=
=Z+Yt
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
Carlos E. R. wrote:

>
> The Monday 2007-03-05 at 15:07 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>
> ...
>
> > No Quickstarter was automatically added on the Gnome panel during the
> > Novell Edition installation (maybe this didn't happend automatically
> > during the first installation either, but it bacame permanent on the
> > panel).
>
> There is no "ooqs" file listed in the "repodata/*" files, so you can't
> have it in the panel.
>
Yes, I added
http://software.opensuse.org/download/mozilla/openSUSE_10.2/
to the YaST Installation sources and did the whole upgrade from YaST2
Add/Remove programs.
OpenOffice Quickstart is available among the OpenOffice package list in
YaST, and then obviously comes from one of the other, previous added
installation sources. openSUSE 10.2 was originally installed with Gnome
desktop with addition of KDE. As listed below, oooqs is located in
/opt/kde3/bin

~> ls -la /opt/kde3/bin/oooqs
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 163100 2006-11-28 00:32 /opt/kde3/bin/oooqs


~> rpm -qa | grep OpenOffice
OpenOffice_org-templates-labels-letter-1.0-3
OpenOffice_org-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-kde-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-sdk-doc-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-nb-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-templates-en-2.0.4-10
OpenOffice_org-en-GB-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-mono-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-nld-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-templates-labels-a4-1.0-3
OpenOffice_org-officebean-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-galleries-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-gnome-2.1-0.1
OpenOffice_org-templates-presentation-layouts-2.0.4-10
OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514
OpenOffice_org-sdk-2.1-0.1


Rgds,
Terje


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Carlos E. R.-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


The Monday 2007-03-05 at 20:05 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> > There is no "ooqs" file listed in the "repodata/*" files, so you can't
> > have it in the panel.
> >
> Yes, I added
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/mozilla/openSUSE_10.2/
> to the YaST Installation sources and did the whole upgrade from YaST2
> Add/Remove programs.
> OpenOffice Quickstart is available among the OpenOffice package list in
> YaST, and then obviously comes from one of the other, previous added
> installation sources. openSUSE 10.2 was originally installed with Gnome
> desktop with addition of KDE. As listed below, oooqs is located in
> /opt/kde3/bin

It is suplied in 10.2 by OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514...rpm, which
is independent from the OOo rpms:

cer@nimrodel:~> rpm -q -f `which oooqs`
OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514

And that one doesn't come from the project repo.


> OpenOffice_org-templates-labels-a4-1.0-3

> OpenOffice_org-templates-presentation-layouts-2.0.4-10

Where did you get those from? I'm curious.

- --
Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine 1.76

iD8DBQFF7NFStTMYHG2NR9URAnkiAJsGnibKf1pIG1+I9jwj1EcWw769cgCeI/5J
84IezWO6BO45CfQigACsKKc=
=KDyc
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
>
> The Monday 2007-03-05 at 20:05 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>
>> > There is no "ooqs" file listed in the "repodata/*" files, so you can't
>> > have it in the panel.
>> >
>> Yes, I added
>> http://software.opensuse.org/download/mozilla/openSUSE_10.2/
>> to the YaST Installation sources and did the whole upgrade from YaST2
>> Add/Remove programs.
>> OpenOffice Quickstart is available among the OpenOffice package list in
>> YaST, and then obviously comes from one of the other, previous added
>> installation sources. openSUSE 10.2 was originally installed with Gnome
>> desktop with addition of KDE. As listed below, oooqs is located in
>> /opt/kde3/bin
>
> It is suplied in 10.2 by OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514...rpm, which
> is independent from the OOo rpms:
>
> cer@nimrodel:~> rpm -q -f `which oooqs`
> OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514
>
> And that one doesn't come from the project repo.
>
>
>> OpenOffice_org-templates-labels-a4-1.0-3
>
>> OpenOffice_org-templates-presentation-layouts-2.0.4-10
>
> Where did you get those from? I'm curious.

Not so difficult, OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514 is part of the
openSUSE 10.2 OSS distribution ;)

http://ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/suse/i586/

Segfault's KDE projects current version is however Quickstarter 2
downloadable as oooqs-2.0.3.tar.gz from

http://segfaultskde.berlios.de/index.php?content=oooqs2

And according to the OOo 2.1 Release Notes, OpenOffice.org should have
integrated (its own?) gtkquickstart3
http://development.openoffice.org/releases/2.1.0.html
http://eis.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/cws.ShowCWS?Id=4684&Path=OOE680%2Fgtkquickstart3

I think the latter was the version I had when I first installed the
OpenOffice.org 2.1 edition for Linux. Doesn't the Novell 2.1 Edition also
include gtkquickstart3 ?

Terje




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Carlos E. R.-2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


The Tuesday 2007-03-06 at 11:27 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> > It is suplied in 10.2 by OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514...rpm, which
> > is independent from the OOo rpms:
> >
> > cer@nimrodel:~> rpm -q -f `which oooqs`
> > OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514
> >
> > And that one doesn't come from the project repo.
> >
> >
> >> OpenOffice_org-templates-labels-a4-1.0-3
> >
> >> OpenOffice_org-templates-presentation-layouts-2.0.4-10
> >
> > Where did you get those from? I'm curious.
>
> Not so difficult, OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514 is part of the
> openSUSE 10.2 OSS distribution ;)


I rather asked about the templates, that one I knew :-)


> And according to the OOo 2.1 Release Notes, OpenOffice.org should have
> integrated (its own?) gtkquickstart3
> http://development.openoffice.org/releases/2.1.0.html
> http://eis.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/cws.ShowCWS?Id=4684&Path=OOE680%2Fgtkquickstart3
>
> I think the latter was the version I had when I first installed the
> OpenOffice.org 2.1 edition for Linux. Doesn't the Novell 2.1 Edition also
> include gtkquickstart3 ?

No. Looking at the filelists.xml.gz of the 2.1-0.1 project for 10.2, there
is neither oooqs nor any "*quickstart*" file.


- --
Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine 1.76

iD8DBQFF7U4VtTMYHG2NR9URAuw1AJ49S/QG8QBRUiTA2tIPgvCxi/W3hQCfcgOb
o2wPBoJX95+r613vONcqxnM=
=IIut
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
>
> The Tuesday 2007-03-06 at 11:27 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>
>> > It is suplied in 10.2 by OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514...rpm,
>> which
>> > is independent from the OOo rpms:
>> >
>> > cer@nimrodel:~> rpm -q -f `which oooqs`
>> > OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514
>> >
>> > And that one doesn't come from the project repo.
>> >
>> >
>> >> OpenOffice_org-templates-labels-a4-1.0-3
>> >
>> >> OpenOffice_org-templates-presentation-layouts-2.0.4-10
>> >
>> > Where did you get those from? I'm curious.
>>
>> Not so difficult, OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514 is part of the
>> openSUSE 10.2 OSS distribution ;)
>
>
> I rather asked about the templates, that one I knew :-)
>

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/suse/noarch/

Rgds,
Terje

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Scott Jones-6
In reply to this post by Carlos E. R.-2
On Tuesday 06 March 2007, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Tuesday 2007-03-06 at 11:27 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
> > I think the latter was the version I had when I first installed the
> > OpenOffice.org 2.1 edition for Linux. Doesn't the Novell 2.1 Edition also
> > include gtkquickstart3 ?
>
> No. Looking at the filelists.xml.gz of the 2.1-0.1 project for 10.2, there
> is neither oooqs nor any "*quickstart*" file.

It's not an executable, so from OOo: Tools, Options, OpenOffice.org, Memory,
Enable systray quickstarter.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
Scott Jones wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 March 2007, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>
>  
>> The Tuesday 2007-03-06 at 11:27 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>>    
>>> I think the latter was the version I had when I first installed the
>>> OpenOffice.org 2.1 edition for Linux. Doesn't the Novell 2.1 Edition also
>>> include gtkquickstart3 ?
>>>      
>> No. Looking at the filelists.xml.gz of the 2.1-0.1 project for 10.2, there
>> is neither oooqs nor any "*quickstart*" file.
>>    
>
> It's not an executable, so from OOo: Tools, Options, OpenOffice.org, Memory,
> Enable systray quickstarter.
>
>  

When you tell it, I remember that was just the way I also enabled it. So
easy but so hidden and difficult to find it. I searched for quickstart
in the OOo Help without getting any hit. Now I also verify that in the
Novell 2.1 edition it has kept its original OOo (Writer) icon in the
systray on Linux (like that on Windows).

Thanks for the tip, I'll archieve it ;)
Terje


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Carlos E. R.-2
In reply to this post by Terje J. Hanssen
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1


The Tuesday 2007-03-06 at 13:58 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> >> Not so difficult, OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514 is part of the
> >> openSUSE 10.2 OSS distribution ;)
> >
> >
> > I rather asked about the templates, that one I knew :-)
> >
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/suse/noarch/

Ah! Of course. I used "pin" and it failed to find them. I forgot that
"pin" uses the dvd list, instead of the full list.

I wonder if "pin" could be improved to use two lists... :-?

- --
Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine 1.76

iD8DBQFF7YX0tTMYHG2NR9URAjO9AJ0XwxdXm7kX7iKUYKrcwOp05TRdaQCeIwts
76VI6H3oRgmcJxROlC2yyLo=
=OPYJ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Terje J. Hanssen
In reply to this post by Terje J. Hanssen
Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> Scott Jones wrote:
>  
>> On Tuesday 06 March 2007, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>
>>  
>>    
>>> The Tuesday 2007-03-06 at 11:27 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>>>    
>>>      
>>>> I think the latter was the version I had when I first installed the
>>>> OpenOffice.org 2.1 edition for Linux. Doesn't the Novell 2.1 Edition also
>>>> include gtkquickstart3 ?
>>>>      
>>>>        
>>> No. Looking at the filelists.xml.gz of the 2.1-0.1 project for 10.2, there
>>> is neither oooqs nor any "*quickstart*" file.
>>>    
>>>      
>> It's not an executable, so from OOo: Tools, Options, OpenOffice.org, Memory,
>> Enable systray quickstarter.
>>
>>  
>>    
>
> When you tell it, I remember that was just the way I also enabled it. So
> easy but so hidden and difficult to find it. I searched for quickstart
> in the OOo Help without getting any hit. Now I also verify that in the
> Novell 2.1 edition it has kept its original OOo (Writer) icon in the
> systray on Linux (like that on Windows).
>  
>
A follow up:
The Quickstarter disappear at logout. Thought it should be possible to
enable it permanent on th Quicstarter's launch menu. Any ideas?


Terje

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update policy, Seamonkey and OpenOffice.org

Scott Jones-6
On Tuesday 06 March 2007, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> > When you tell it, I remember that was just the way I also enabled it. So
> > easy but so hidden and difficult to find it. I searched for quickstart
> > in the OOo Help without getting any hit. Now I also verify that in the
> > Novell 2.1 edition it has kept its original OOo (Writer) icon in the
> > systray on Linux (like that on Windows).
>
> A follow up:
> The Quickstarter disappear at logout. Thought it should be possible to
> enable it permanent on th Quicstarter's launch menu. Any ideas?

No ideas.  I got the same behavior when I checked out the quickstarter
yesterday, but I don't really use OOo or any other office-like software
enough to bother with the thing (maybe two or three times a year).  I'd
suggest filing a bug report, if nobody else has already.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]