Update on openSUSE Board Election

Andreas Jaeger-5
For the current 2009 election of the openSUSE board, we have three
seats for election and three candidates running unopposed. As our
existing election rules did not anticipate this scenario, the Election
Committee has made the following decision:

The seats up for election include one Novell-employed position and two
non-Novell-employed positions.  Pavol Rusnak is running for the
Novell-employed seat and Rupert Horstkötter and Bryen Yunashko are
running for the non_novell seats.

The election committee will declare the candidates as elected by end
of Monday, 7th of December, if nobody else steps up in the respective
group to run for the election.  Otherwise we will have an election in
that group.

This means that if further candidates for the non-Novell seats declare
candidacy, we will do an election for these two seats - and if further
candidates for the Novell seat step up, we run an election for that
one seat - and if candidates for both step up, we elect all seats.

So, here's the final call: If you're happy with the three candidates,
thank them - and if not, step up and declare your candidacy by
announcing it on [hidden email] and
[hidden email].  You can find more
information on candidacy and the election in general here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Board_Election/2009

The Election committee is also open for comments on the election
before the December 7th deadline when the Election Committee will
declare and certify the winners.

We'd like to thank Bryen, Rupert and Pavol for stepping up and
volunteering to serve on the openSUSE board.  For next election the
election committee will adapt the rules to cover cases like this one.

Andreas Jaeger
Member of the openSUSE Election Committee
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE,  aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}
    Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany