Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

Verner Kjæsgaard
Hi list

I was trying to unsubscribe from this list - as OpenSuSE seems to the list I'm
reading anyhow - but I don't see any link at the bottom to click..

It states "see the headers on how-to unsub". Well, I then open up the source
of the list and I see:

list-unsubscribe: <mailto:suse-linux-e-unsubscribe-vk=[hidden email]>

I then send an empty message to
suse-linux-e-unsubscribe-vk=[hidden email]
- that's what I'm supposed to do, eh?
- only, it doesn't work?
- what am I not doing?

Re: Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

Dominique Leuenberger-2

>>> Reply on 11-12-2006 16:55:20 <<<

> Hi list
>
> I was trying to unsubscribe from this list - as OpenSuSE seems to
the
> list I'm
> reading anyhow - but I don't see any link at the bottom to click..

At the bottom of all the mails I receive from the list, is written:

Does this help you?

Mandag den 11. december 2006 15:53 skrev Verner Kjærsgaard:

> Hi list
>
> I was trying to unsubscribe from this list - as OpenSuSE seems to the list
> I'm reading anyhow - but I don't see any link at the bottom to click..
>
> It states "see the headers on how-to unsub". Well, I then open up the
> source of the list and I see:
>
> list-unsubscribe:
> <mailto:suse-linux-e-unsubscribe-vk=[hidden email]>
>
> I then send an empty message to
> suse-linux-e-unsubscribe-vk=[hidden email]
> - that's what I'm supposed to do, eh?
> - only, it doesn't work?
> - what am I not doing?

of the SLES list.

Am I confused??

Re: Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

Marcus Meissner
On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 03:57:19PM +0100, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:

> Mandag den 11. december 2006 15:53 skrev Verner Kjærsgaard:
> > Hi list
> >
> > I was trying to unsubscribe from this list - as OpenSuSE seems to the list
> > I'm reading anyhow - but I don't see any link at the bottom to click..
> >
> > It states "see the headers on how-to unsub". Well, I then open up the
> > source of the list and I see:
> >
> > list-unsubscribe:
> > <mailto:suse-linux-e-unsubscribe-vk=[hidden email]>
> >
> > I then send an empty message to
> > suse-linux-e-unsubscribe-vk=[hidden email]
> > - that's what I'm supposed to do, eh?
> > - only, it doesn't work?
> > - what am I not doing?
> >

> > --
> of the SLES list.
>
> Am I confused??

The "suse-linux-e" list is now called "[hidden email]".

No need to unsubscribe if you want to stay on "[hidden email]".

Ciao, Marcus

Mandag den 11. december 2006 15:56 skrev Dominique Leuenberger:

> > Hi list
> >
> > I was trying to unsubscribe from this list - as OpenSuSE seems to
>
> the
>
> > list I'm
> > reading anyhow - but I don't see any link at the bottom to click..
>
> At the bottom of all the mails I receive from the list, is written:
>
> Does this help you?

Indeed it does. I think I made a blunder...
I looked at my mail, I have a folder SLES with +30000 Emails. I don't use that
anymore. So I thought..."better unsubscribe"...

Eh, that list is dead allready. It's been merged. Which was why I saw my
unsubscribe E-mails appear in THIS LIST. To my horror. I understand more now,
if only I were wiser too...

Thanks.

Re: Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

S Glasoe
On Monday 11 December 2006 08:57, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
> What's happening here??
>
> I absolutely DO NOT WANT to unsubscribe from the opensuse.org list.
> I DO want to unsubscribe from the SLES list.
> I did send the unsubscribe message to the header that is shown in the
> source of the SLES list.
>
> Am I confused??

Yes. You missed the email detailing why and how the email lists were
changing. The suse-linux-e list no longer exists. You were automagically
converted to the opensuse list. There is no need to unsubscribe from
suse-linux-e.

Stan

Re: Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

Re: Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

Frank Bax
Interesting that this thread should come up this week...

At 09:56 AM 12/11/06, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
>At the bottom of all the mails I receive from the list, is written:

>Does this help you?

It certainly doesn't help me.  I originally subscribed to suse-linux-e
list; and somehow got transferred to opensuse list; which I now want to
unsubscribe from.

I've sent two messages to [hidden email] at 11:49 and
14:20 EST on 12th.

I also sent a message to [hidden email] at 14:20 EST on 12th.

I've received no reponse to any of the above messages and I'm still
receiving messages from the list.  At 21:15 EST on 12th I sent a message
about this problem to [hidden email] - no response there either.

Its now 16:40 on 13th - How do I get off this list?

Re: Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

M Harris-2
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 15:39, Frank Bax wrote:
> How do I get off this list?
        Start a rant regarding the crappy list-server configuration and how you could
do it better if they'd just listen to you... you'll be off the list in no
time...

        :--)

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><

Re: Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

Mike McMullin
On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 16:39 -0500, Frank Bax wrote:

> Interesting that this thread should come up this week...
>

> At 09:56 AM 12/11/06, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> >At the bottom of all the mails I receive from the list, is written:

> >Does this help you?
>

> It certainly doesn't help me.  I originally subscribed to suse-linux-e
> list; and somehow got transferred to opensuse list; which I now want to
> unsubscribe from.

  SLE the list that you were subscribed to, was moved to this list that
you are trying to unsub from, FYI.

> I've sent two messages to [hidden email] at 11:49 and
> 14:20 EST on 12th.
>
> I also sent a message to [hidden email] at 14:20 EST on 12th.
>
> I've received no reponse to any of the above messages and I'm still
> receiving messages from the list.  At 21:15 EST on 12th I sent a message
> about this problem to [hidden email] - no response there either.
>
> Its now 16:40 on 13th - How do I get off this list?

   Perhaps a "Yo Henne" in the subject line of an article posted here, with your experiences as stated above?

Re: Unsubscribe, get your flamethrowsers ready :-)

Patrick Shanahan
* Mike McMullin <[hidden email]> [12-13-06 17:23]:

I forwarded a copy of his post to opensuse-owner@....  should suffice.
--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org