Tumblweed Expert Partitioner does not show actual Partiton setup...

Tumblweed Expert Partitioner does not show actual Partiton setup...

Axel Braun-2
Hi,

I was about to install TW on a 2-Disk system.
Plan was to reduce size on the 2nd HD, which is currently a NTFS partition.

When the installation comes around to partitioning, the proposal is made to
use /dev/sdb completey, to set up a boot volume, swap, root and home
partition.

As this is not what I want, I select 'expert mode'.
Here the tools does not show the actual partitioning, but the proposed values!
This is a bug IMHO, as it does not give me the option to work on the currently
existing partition.

Anyone to confirm?

Cheers
Axel

Re: Tumblweed Expert Partitioner does not show actual Partiton setup...

Ancor Gonzalez Sosa
On 03/28/2017 11:53 AM, Axel Braun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was about to install TW on a 2-Disk system.
> Plan was to reduce size on the 2nd HD, which is currently a NTFS partition.
>
> When the installation comes around to partitioning, the proposal is made to
> use /dev/sdb completey, to set up a boot volume, swap, root and home
> partition.
>
> As this is not what I want, I select 'expert mode'.
> Here the tools does not show the actual partitioning, but the proposed values!
> This is a bug IMHO, as it does not give me the option to work on the currently
> existing partition.
>
> Anyone to confirm?

It's not a bug, it's the expected behavior. To start with the current
layout and no trace of the proposal, use
"Create Partition Setup" -> "Custom partitioning"

We are aware it's not very usable and we are working in fixing it. But
don't expect the fix to arrive before Leap 43. For more details, see
https://github.com/yast/yast-storage-ng/blob/master/doc/designing-proposal-settings-ui.md#the-existing-workflowsuse-cases

Cheers

--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH

Am Dienstag, 28. März 2017, 12:10:03 CEST schrieb Ancor Gonzalez Sosa:

> On 03/28/2017 11:53 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was about to install TW on a 2-Disk system.
> > Plan was to reduce size on the 2nd HD, which is currently a NTFS
> > partition.
> >
> > When the installation comes around to partitioning, the proposal is made
> > use /dev/sdb completey, to set up a boot volume, swap, root and home
> > partition.
> >
> > As this is not what I want, I select 'expert mode'.
> > Here the tools does not show the actual partitioning, but the proposed
> > values! This is a bug IMHO, as it does not give me the option to work on
> > the currently existing partition.
> >
> > Anyone to confirm?
>
> It's not a bug, it's the expected behavior. To start with the current
> layout and no trace of the proposal, use
> "Create Partition Setup" -> "Custom partitioning"
>
> We are aware it's not very usable and we are working in fixing it. But
> don't expect the fix to arrive before Leap 43. For more details, see
> https://github.com/yast/yast-storage-ng/blob/master/doc/designing-proposal-s
> ettings-ui.md#the-existing-workflowsuse-cases

Hi Andy & Ancor,

thanks for your remarks. With rescanning it looks better.
Indeed, the current workflow is not optimal. Looking forward for the reworked
solution.

Thanks
Axel