Tumbleweed repositories down?

Mari Donkers (openSUSE)
Timeout exceeded when accessing
'http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/content'.

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (r):

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Henne Vogelsang-2
Hey,

On 06.09.2017 12:07, Mari Donkers wrote:

> Timeout exceeded when accessing
> 'http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/content'.
>
> Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (r)

-> https://status.opensuse.org/

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Werner Flamme
Mari Donkers [06.09.2017 12:07]:
> Timeout exceeded when accessing
> 'http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/content'.
>
> Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (r):

Well, I can't reach any repo via http on download.opensuse.org, so it
may be a frontend problem. I hope it's not a crash - but using
widehat.opensuse.org works.

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Stratos Zolotas
Hi,

It is not only for Tumbleweed, I'm getting the same on 42.2 so it
seems there is a fronted issue somewhere on download.opensuse.org.

Stratos.

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Werner Flamme <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mari Donkers [06.09.2017 12:07]:
>> Timeout exceeded when accessing
>> 'http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/content'.
>>
>> Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (r):
>>

> Well, I can't reach any repo via http on download.opensuse.org, so it
> may be a frontend problem. I hope it's not a crash - but using
> widehat.opensuse.org works.

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Stratos Zolotas
From status.opensuse.org which reports a major outage at
download.opensuse.org (I checked after sending my last reply...)

"The data partition showed major issues - resulting in a shutdown of
the file system. We are currently analyzing the problem and trying to
bring the service up again."

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Stratos Zolotas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is not only for Tumbleweed, I'm getting the same on 42.2 so it
> seems there is a fronted issue somewhere on download.opensuse.org.
>
> Stratos.
>
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Werner Flamme <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Mari Donkers [06.09.2017 12:07]:
>>> Timeout exceeded when accessing
>>> 'http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/content'.
>>>
>>> Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (r):
>>>

>> Well, I can't reach any repo via http on download.opensuse.org, so it
>> may be a frontend problem. I hope it's not a crash - but using
>> widehat.opensuse.org works.

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Verwijs
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Verwijs <[hidden email]> [09-06-17 07:44]:
> same for leap....

yes, it says "download.opensuse.org" is offline

"download.opensuse.org" contains all supported vers openSUSE.

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

opensuse.lietuviu.kalba
You can try look into mirrors of d.o.o, e.g.
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/ or http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Theo Chatzimichos
download.o.o is back on a new IP, thus it might still take some time to
propagate everywhere

Theo

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Knurpht-openSUSE
Op woensdag 6 september 2017 18:48:53 CEST schreef Theo Chatzimichos:
> download.o.o is back on a new IP, thus it might still take some time to
> propagate everywhere
>
> Theo
Thanks, Theo. Will check later on.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 06:48:53PM +0200, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
> download.o.o is back on a new IP, thus it might still take some time to
> propagate everywhere

Apologies, I meant mirrors.o.o

Theo

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Roger Oberholtzer-2
I currently get this in Stockholm:

# ping download.opensuse.org
PING download.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=1
ttl=50 time=185 ms
64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=2
ttl=50 time=175 ms

Anyone know what the new address is? I was going to work with kiwi
tonight, but that's currently not possible.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Bruno Friedmann-2
On mercredi, 6 septembre 2017 20.13:16 h CEST Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> I currently get this in Stockholm:
>
> # ping download.opensuse.org
> PING download.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
> 64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=1
> ttl=50 time=185 ms
> 64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=2
> ttl=50 time=175 ms
>
> Anyone know what the new address is? I was going to work with kiwi
> tonight, but that's currently not possible.

You go to US and come back. It really seems to be hard to do whatever.
At your place, I will just postpone what would like to work on.

I'm afraid I will have to do the same, not sure we're back on 100% resilient
and stable situation before the week-end, but I like be surprized ;-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Roger Oberholtzer-2
My pings match those of Felix. But I do not know if they are the new addresses.

What I see is that the repos are found, but they are missing things. I
see this when I browse them as well.

I will just keep an eye on it. Too bad I had set the next few days
aside to finish Leap 42.3 OEM and diskless images for x86_64 and
aarch64 built with kiwi.

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Bruno Friedmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On mercredi, 6 septembre 2017 20.13:16 h CEST Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>> I currently get this in Stockholm:
>>
>> # ping download.opensuse.org
>> PING download.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
>> 64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=1
>> ttl=50 time=185 ms
>> 64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=2
>> ttl=50 time=175 ms
>>
>> Anyone know what the new address is? I was going to work with kiwi
>> tonight, but that's currently not possible.
>
> You go to US and come back. It really seems to be hard to do whatever.
> At your place, I will just postpone what would like to work on.
>
> I'm afraid I will have to do the same, not sure we're back on 100% resilient
> and stable situation before the week-end, but I like be surprized ;-)
>
> --
>
> Bruno Friedmann
>  Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch
>  Bareos Partner, openSUSE Member, fsfe fellowship
>  GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
>  irc: tigerfoot

Roger Oberholtzer

Re: Tumbleweed repositories down?

Werner Flamme
Roger Oberholtzer [06.09.2017 20:13]:

> I currently get this in Stockholm:
>
> # ping download.opensuse.org
> PING download.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
> 64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=1
> ttl=50 time=185 ms
> 64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=2
> ttl=50 time=175 ms
>
> Anyone know what the new address is? I was going to work with kiwi
> tonight, but that's currently not possible.
Looking at <https://status.opensuse.org/>, and going to the details on
<https://status.opensuse.org/incidents/18#update-20>, you'll read:

###snip###
The data partition showed major issues - resulting in a shutdown of the
file system. We are currently analyzing the problem and trying to bring
the service up again.

Please use http://mirrors.opensuse.org/ meanwhile to get a list of other
openSUSE mirrors.

===snap===
Still no good news from the original machine. Meanwhile we changed the
DNS entries to point to a mirror server in Provo. Please excuse the low
bandwidth and delays for the moment, we are working on a permanent fix.

===snap===
Repository pushing from OBS to download.opensuse.org is very slow at the
moment. Please do not trust the OBS publish state. If you are a
repository maintainer, you can help us by disabling publishing for now,
to avoid syncs to the secondary system.

===snap===
Only recovered 9 from 14TB data. Syncing the rest of the data from
backup and backend machines now. download.opensuse.org should be fully
functional again tomorrow, Thursday 2017-09-07.

===pins===

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Werner Flamme <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Only recovered 9 from 14TB data. Syncing the rest of the data from
> backup and backend machines now. download.opensuse.org should be fully
> functional again tomorrow, Thursday 2017-09-07.

Good to know. In my office, the IT guys are always making external
access less open. So I never know if they have done something
unexpected, or if it is really the outside world that has some issue.

--
Roger Oberholtzer