Tumbleweed ppc64 big endian.

Fadi Osman
Hello guys,

I'm representing a group of people interested in keeping a ppc64 big endian linux distribution alive:
https://www.powerprogress.org/
https://www.powerpc-notebook.org/

No, we're not crazy, we're serious!

There are about a dozen of us in the software group (from almost everywhere in the world) ready to help in testing, debugging etc... We're beginners, but we're willing to learn (and we have a bunch of G5 iMacs and PowerMacs)!

After meeting some OpenSUSE people in France (Alionet), I decided on trying out Tumbleweed ppc64 (be).

So I have installed it last week on an iMac G5, and ... it is great! Really! Thanks a lot for your efforts in keeping it alive and well!

I got some driver issues during installation using the net iso - I had to download the full iso :-(, but besides one or two things, installation was fine.
(I'll do the installation again and take note of the errors I got).

I'm beginning to look at OBS and factory and studio - but I'm really just beginning.
(I'm not sure if susestudio works for ppc64...)

My first "mission" is to use OBS to build a libreoffice package (I couldn't find the ppc64 binaries in any repository).

Thanks again for all your work, and I hope the powerpc mailing list will get more activity :-)

Bye,
Fadi OSMAN.

Tumbleweed ppc64 big endian.

Christian Zigotzky-2
Hi All,

We are using openSUSE PowerPC on our AmigaOnes.

Links:

- http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3446
- http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3810
- http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3013