Tumbleweed on rsync.opensuse.org

Michael Hirmke
Hi *,

is there any reason, why
rsync.opensuse.org::opensuse-full/opensuse/tumbleweed/
does not offer the latest Tumbleweed packages, while I can find them on
ftp.gwdg.de::opensuse/tumbleweed/
??

rsync.opensuse.org latest versions are from 28.12.2016.
In the meantime there were lots of new packages.

Thx and bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke

Re: Tumbleweed on rsync.opensuse.org

Michael Hirmke

>Could be that the mirror is just behind a day.

yes, but this is a 4 weeks lag.

--
Michael Hirmke

Re: Tumbleweed on rsync.opensuse.org

Jimmy Berry-2
On Friday, January 27, 2017 12:03:00 PM CST Michael Hirmke wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> is there any reason, why
> rsync.opensuse.org::opensuse-full/opensuse/tumbleweed/
> does not offer the latest Tumbleweed packages, while I can find them on
> ftp.gwdg.de::opensuse/tumbleweed/
> ??
>
> rsync.opensuse.org latest versions are from 28.12.2016.
> In the meantime there were lots of new packages.
>
> Thx and bye.
> Michael.

I had this problem and reported it multiple times when working on tumbleweed
snapshots. It was fixed multiple times, but seems to keep coming back. The
problem seems to be persistent enough to warrant some sort of deeper
investigation and fix.

I went ahead and referenced this thread in https://progress.opensuse.org/
issues/15102 which unfortunately seems to be private for some reason (perhaps
someone can fix that).

--
Jimmy

Re: Tumbleweed on rsync.opensuse.org

Alberto Planas Dominguez
On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 14:47 -0600, Jimmy Berry wrote:
> On Friday, January 27, 2017 12:03:00 PM CST Michael Hirmke wrote:
> > Hi *,
> >
> > is there any reason, why
> > rsync.opensuse.org::opensuse-full/opensuse/tumbleweed/
> > does not offer the latest Tumbleweed packages,

> I had this problem and reported it multiple times when working on
> tumbleweed
> snapshots. It was fixed multiple times, but seems to keep coming
> back.

I am checking right now what is wrong with rsync. Probably is my fault.
The error detection is very weak, and I usually do not realize that
something in the chain is failing.

Will report my finding.

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: Tumbleweed on rsync.opensuse.org

Christian Boltz-5

Am Montag, 30. Januar 2017, 14:47:29 CET schrieb Jimmy Berry:
> I went ahead and referenced this thread in
> https://progress.opensuse.org/ issues/15102 which unfortunately seems
> to be private for some reason (perhaps someone can fix that).

Admin tickets (aka "things sent to [hidden email]") are private by default.
It seems people sometimes send sensitive data (even passwords) to
admin@, so public by default might be a bad idea ;-)

In this case, there's nothing sensitive in the ticket, so I just made it
public.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Funktionieren Windows 98-Witze auch unter Windows 2000
oder braucht man da ein Update?

Re: admin ticket privacy (was: Tumbleweed on rsync.opensuse.org)

Felix Miata-3
Christian Boltz composed on 2017-02-01 19:48 (UTC+0100):

> Admin tickets (aka "things sent to [hidden email]") are private by default.
> It seems people sometimes send sensitive data (even passwords) to
> admin@, so public by default might be a bad idea ;-)

> In this case, there's nothing sensitive in the ticket, so I just made it
> public.

Is there any way for the creator of a ticket to have it made public, either at
creation, or later? I've never been able to find a way. I don't think any I've
ever created had any need to be or remain private, certainly not the last one 16234.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: admin ticket privacy (was: Tumbleweed on rsync.opensuse.org)

Christian Boltz-5
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2017, 14:29:57 CET schrieb Felix Miata:

> Christian Boltz composed on 2017-02-01 19:48 (UTC+0100):
> > Admin tickets (aka "things sent to [hidden email]") are private by
> > default. It seems people sometimes send sensitive data (even
> > passwords) to admin@, so public by default might be a bad idea ;-)
> >
> > In this case, there's nothing sensitive in the ticket, so I just
> > made it public.
>
> Is there any way for the creator of a ticket to have it made public,
> either at creation, or later? I've never been able to find a way.

If you open a ticket by sending a mail to [hidden email], it will always be
private by default.

When opening a ticket via
https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-admin/issues/new
there is a "private" checkbox in the top-right corner which you can
check or leave empty. (I hope it's available for non-admins - in the
meantime, I have too many permissions to check this ;-)

Making a ticket public later can only be done by admins.

> I don't think any I've ever created had any need to be or remain
> private, certainly not the last one 16234.

Since you explicitely mentioned it - public now ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
<jjohansen> cboltz: we would have a lot less bugs if you would just
            stop breaking things

Re: admin ticket privacy

Felix Miata-3
Christian Boltz composed on 2017-02-01 23:05 (UTC+0100):

> Felix Miata composed:

>> Is there any way for the creator of a ticket to have it made public,
>> either at creation, or later? I've never been able to find a way.

> If you open a ticket by sending a mail to [hidden email], it will always be
> private by default.

> When opening a ticket via
> https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-admin/issues/new
> there is a "private" checkbox in the top-right corner which you can
> check or leave empty. (I hope it's available for non-admins - in the
> meantime, I have too many permissions to check this ;-)

I have looked but never found. At least now I know the possibility exists and
where I am supposed to look for the option.

> Making a ticket public later can only be done by admins.

>> I don't think any I've ever created had any need to be or remain
>> private, certainly not the last one 16234.

> Since you explicitely mentioned it - public now ;-)

In white letters on red background
https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/16234
still reports itself private.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Re: admin ticket privacy

Christian Boltz-5
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2017, 18:49:39 CET schrieb Felix Miata:
> Christian Boltz composed on 2017-02-01 23:05 (UTC+0100):

> > When opening a ticket via
> > https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-admin/issues/new
> > there is a "private" checkbox in the top-right corner which you can
> > check or leave empty. (I hope it's available for non-admins - in the
> > meantime, I have too many permissions to check this ;-)
>
> I have looked but never found. At least now I know the possibility
> exists and where I am supposed to look for the option.

http://paste.opensuse.org/8c32b3bb is how the "new ticket" page looks
for me. The interesting part is the "Privat" checkbox on the right.
(As I already said - I'm not sure if is available for non-admins.)

> In white letters on red background
> https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/16234
> still reports itself private.

Looks like I had the browser window open too long while answering your
mail, and closed it without saving. Now it's finally public ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Wer Linux an Windows misst, misst Mist.
[David Haller in suse-linux]

Re: admin ticket privacy

Felix Miata-3
Christian Boltz composed on 2017-02-02 01:08 (UTC+0100):

> Felix Miata composed:

>> Christian Boltz composed on 2017-02-01 23:05 (UTC+0100):

>> > When opening a ticket via
>> > https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-admin/issues/new
>> > there is a "private" checkbox in the top-right corner which you can
>> > check or leave empty. (I hope it's available for non-admins - in the
>> > meantime, I have too many permissions to check this ;-)

>> I have looked but never found. At least now I know the possibility
>> exists and where I am supposed to look for the option.

> http://paste.opensuse.org/8c32b3bb is how the "new ticket" page looks
> for me. The interesting part is the "Privat" checkbox on the right.
> (As I already said - I'm not sure if is available for non-admins.)

I think I misremembered the problem when describing upthread. The private
checkbox is there when I open the new issue page. I never check it, yet the
result of submission nevertheless results in private enabled, as if I _had_
checked the box.