Tumbleweed: libcurl error protocol https

Tumbleweed: libcurl error protocol https

Wilhelm Boltz-3
When refreshing my repos, I have got an error message concerning libcurl:
> Fehler beim Download (curl) für
> 'https://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/appdata
> -icons.tar.gz': Fehlercode: ' Bad URL'
> Fehlermeldung: 'Protocol "http" not supported or disabled in libcurl'
Has anyone got the same?

Greetings
Wilhelm

--
         A: Yes.
--
openSUSE Tumbleweed 20170610
GNU/Linux 4.11.3-1-default x86_64

Re: Tumbleweed: libcurl error protocol https

Peter Suetterlin
Wilhelm Boltz wrote:
> When refreshing my repos, I have got an error message concerning libcurl:
> > Fehler beim Download (curl) für
> > 'https://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/appdata
> > -icons.tar.gz': Fehlercode: ' Bad URL'
> > Fehlermeldung: 'Protocol "http" not supported or disabled in libcurl'
> Has anyone got the same?

No, I only get

File '/suse/setup/descr/appdata-icons.tar.gz' not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/'

:o

Re: Tumbleweed: libcurl error protocol https

Bruno Friedmann-2
On mercredi, 14 juin 2017 13.42:45 h CEST Wilhelm Boltz wrote:

> When refreshing my repos, I have got an error message concerning libcurl:
> > Fehler beim Download (curl) für
> > 'https://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/appdat
> > -icons.tar.gz': Fehlercode: ' Bad URL'
> > Fehlermeldung: 'Protocol "http" not supported or disabled in libcurl'
>
> Has anyone got the same?
>
> Greetings
> Wilhelm

Work well, don't forget that download.o.o is a mirrorbrain forwarding your
request to some mirrors (and most of them don't use https)

try curl -v to see awnser
tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/201706121040-appdata-icons.tar.gz">here</
a>.</p>

Tested here from switzerland in both ipv4 and ipv6 connection.

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> try curl -v to see awnser
> tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/201706121040-appdata-icons.tar.gz">here</
> a>.</p>

Hmm, this is still the old one (mirror not yet updated?)
Recent is (should be) 201706132323-appdata-icons.tar.gz.
And for that I get an 404, although it shows file size etc. :(

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juni 2017, 13:48:44 CEST schrieb Bruno Friedmann:

> On mercredi, 14 juin 2017 13.42:45 h CEST Wilhelm Boltz wrote:
> > When refreshing my repos, I have got an error message concerning libcurl:
> > > Fehler beim Download (curl) für
> > > 'https://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/appd
> > > at
> > > -icons.tar.gz': Fehlercode: ' Bad URL'
> > > Fehlermeldung: 'Protocol "http" not supported or disabled in libcurl'
> >
> > Has anyone got the same?
> >
> > Greetings
> > Wilhelm
>
> Work well, don't forget that download.o.o is a mirrorbrain forwarding your
> request to some mirrors (and most of them don't use https)
>
> try curl -v to see awnser
> tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/201706121040-appdata-icons.tar.gz">here
> </ a>.</p>
>
> Tested here from switzerland in both ipv4 and ipv6 connection.

Well,
> curl -v
> https://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/suse/setup/descr/appd
> ata-icons.tar.gz
does not work.
> curl -v
> https://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/suse/setup/descr/appd
> ata.xml.gz
works.

Nonetheless switching the repo from "https" to "http" helps.
Thank you, Bruno.

Greetings
Wilhelm

 --