The last week has been an interesting one: we can produly talk of
Tumbleweed to be rolling smooth this week: there has been one release
published per day (since 0521 so far up to 0528). This is the longest
streak we had, as far as I remember.
Yet, I have some trouble to find 'exciting' changes in those
snapshots. They are all minor version updates, which on their own are
certainly important for some users. But 'buzzing' about them is
Nevertheless, let me try to give it a try, and see what we got:
* Linux kernel 4.0.4: bugfix release
* Timezone 2015d (mostly interesting for Egypt)
* On new installs, the firewall service will be auto-enabled
* Apache2: access_compat now built as shared and disabled by default.
Outlook for the coming days:
* hplip: Disabled build for parallel port because parallel port support
was disabled by default by upstream HPLIP at least since 2011 and is
deprecated by upstream HPLIP since 2013. This will be part of 0529+
* The KDE Team submitted Plasma 5.3.1 bugfixes, which will be part of
0529+ snapshots (checked in this morning).
* GCC 5 is making progress: For packages up to ring2 (full DVD), we
are down to 10 build failures. (gsl, java (x2) kbuild, ksh,
libkolabxml, llvm, powerdevil5, python-cffi & qemu)
* We have kde3 packages failing to build for 3 weeks without any
reaction. If nobody steps up to maintain this, I will file delete
requests (notice mails went to the maintainers already).
Special things to note:
* Lately we see an increased number of build jobs failing with kernel
crashes on the XEN hosts. The reason for this is not yet known.
Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week (2015/22)
On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 02:53:44PM +0200, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> * We have kde3 packages failing to build for 3 weeks without any
> reaction. If nobody steps up to maintain this, I will file delete
> requests (notice mails went to the maintainers already).
Please keep KDE3 as an option. I'll help to fix the build failures, there
are only a handful of them and mostly trivial. It would be sad to drop a
whole DE just because of that.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email] For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]