[Tumbleweed] Is LibreOffice coming back to KDE?

[Tumbleweed] Is LibreOffice coming back to KDE?

Achim Gratz

Will LibreOffice be available again for KDE?  I could probably get used
to the slight optical differences I encountered so far, but not with the
fact that shortcuts have vanished (e.g. in the "Paste Special" dialog
box) so I now need to use the mouse much more often than before.

Regards,
Achim.

Re: [Tumbleweed] Is LibreOffice coming back to KDE?

Luca Beltrame
In data martedì 7 novembre 2017 20:02:37 CET, Achim Gratz ha scritto:
> Will LibreOffice be available again for KDE?  I could probably get used
> to the slight optical differences I encountered so far, but not with the

A Qt5 VCL plugin has been recently merged, so I guess the integration will get
back by LibreOffice 6.0 early next year.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums Team
GPG key ID: A29D259B

Re: [Tumbleweed] Is LibreOffice coming back to KDE?

Roman Bysh-5
On 07/11/17 03:21 PM, Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data martedì 7 novembre 2017 20:02:37 CET, Achim Gratz ha scritto:
> > Will LibreOffice be available again for KDE?  I could probably get used
> > to the slight optical differences I encountered so far, but not with the
>
> A Qt5 VCL plugin has been recently merged, so I guess the integration will get
> back by LibreOffice 6.0 early next year.

Have you tried WPS?

--
Cheers!

Roman

Achim Gratz writes:
> Will LibreOffice be available again for KDE?  I could probably get used
> to the slight optical differences I encountered so far, but not with the
> fact that shortcuts have vanished (e.g. in the "Paste Special" dialog
> box) so I now need to use the mouse much more often than before.

The latest LibreOffice builds have again regressed to missing those
shortcuts (I think that coincided with the KDE4 sub-package getting
deleted).  I would appreciate a quick fix, having to mouse these things
is really tiresome.

Regards,
Achim.

Re: [Tumbleweed] Is LibreOffice coming back to KDE?

ianseeks-4
On Monday, 23 July 2018 20:16:02 BST Achim Gratz wrote:

> Achim Gratz writes:
> > Will LibreOffice be available again for KDE?  I could probably get used
> > to the slight optical differences I encountered so far, but not with the
> > fact that shortcuts have vanished (e.g. in the "Paste Special" dialog
> > box) so I now need to use the mouse much more often than before.
>
> The latest LibreOffice builds have again regressed to missing those
> shortcuts (I think that coincided with the KDE4 sub-package getting
> deleted).  I would appreciate a quick fix, having to mouse these things
> is really tiresome.
i've noticed that too.  i can no longer view a spreadsheet reduced to less than 5 columns

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180721
Qt: 5.11.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.48.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.13.3 - kwin 5.13.3

Re: [Tumbleweed] Is LibreOffice coming back to KDE?

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Montag, 23. Juli 2018, 21:16:02 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> The latest LibreOffice builds have again regressed to missing those
> shortcuts (I think that coincided with the KDE4 sub-package getting
> deleted).  I would appreciate a quick fix, having to mouse these things
> is really tiresome.

Well, on Tumbleweed, the new Qt5 integration is being used now instead of the
old KDE4 one.

Do you have libreoffice-qt5 installed?

If yes, it might be a "regression" there, a missing feature, or just an
intentional change.

Probably worth an upstream bugreport...

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 17:23:26 BST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:

> Am Montag, 23. Juli 2018, 21:16:02 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> > The latest LibreOffice builds have again regressed to missing those
> > shortcuts (I think that coincided with the KDE4 sub-package getting
> > deleted).  I would appreciate a quick fix, having to mouse these things
> > is really tiresome.
>
> Well, on Tumbleweed, the new Qt5 integration is being used now instead of the
> old KDE4 one.
>
> Do you have libreoffice-qt5 installed?
I do.

> If yes, it might be a "regression" there, a missing feature, or just an
> intentional change.
>
> Probably worth an upstream bugreport...

Done. Bug 1104094
I wish the bug software would show Tumbleweed as an OS option.

> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang

THanks

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180804
Qt: 5.11.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.48.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.13.4 - kwin 5.13.4

Am Dienstag, 7. August 2018, 18:30:07 schrieb Ianseeks:
> On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 17:23:26 BST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> > Probably worth an upstream bugreport...
>
> Done. Bug 1104094
With "upstream bugreport" I meant *upstream at LibreOffice* of course.

Anyway, I had a quick look at your bug report, and the screenshot doesn't look
like it would use the KDE style in the first place.

And I notice this in your information: VCL: gtk3_kde5
I find the "gtk3" part a bit strange.

No idea if that's how it's supposed to be, but I'd rather think *this* is the
problem...

I don't use Tumbleweed, and therefore neither libreoffice-qt5.
Cannot help with that really I'm afraid... :-/

> I wish the bug software would show Tumbleweed as an OS option.
If you mean openSUSE's bugzilla, it does.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Re: [Tumbleweed] Is LibreOffice coming back to KDE?

Fabian Vogt-2
Hi,

Am Dienstag, 7. August 2018, 20:01:56 CEST schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

> Am Dienstag, 7. August 2018, 18:30:07 schrieb Ianseeks:
> > On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 17:23:26 BST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> > > Probably worth an upstream bugreport...
> >
> > Done. Bug 1104094
> With "upstream bugreport" I meant *upstream at LibreOffice* of course.
>
> Anyway, I had a quick look at your bug report, and the screenshot doesn't look
> like it would use the KDE style in the first place.
>
> And I notice this in your information: VCL: gtk3_kde5
> I find the "gtk3" part a bit strange.
>
> No idea if that's how it's supposed to be, but I'd rather think *this* is the
> problem...

I'm afraid it's exactly how it's supposed to be.
That the package is called "libreoffice-qt5" is unfortunate as it does indeed
include the gtk3_kde5 plugin. The qt5 plugin is quite frankly unusable (I guess
text rendering is mandatory for it to be usable...) so getting the KDE
integration working with gtk3 was much quicker.
It's even more unfortunate that the plugin is called "kde5" :-(

The most important part are file dialogs, which are the proper Qt/KDE ones and
with breeze-gtk it doesn't even look that bad.

About the original issue: If you can reproduce it with the bare gtk3 plugin it
might get fixed quicker and it's probably also the gtk plugin's fault. To do
that, install libreoffice-gtk3 and run  "SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk3 oocalc".

Cheers,
Fabian

Am Dienstag, 7. August 2018, 20:35:01 schrieb Fabian Vogt:
> I'm afraid it's exactly how it's supposed to be.
> That the package is called "libreoffice-qt5" is unfortunate as it does
> indeed include the gtk3_kde5 plugin. The qt5 plugin is quite frankly
> unusable (I guess text rendering is mandatory for it to be usable...)

Oh.
I wasn't aware of that, and actually thought the Qt5 plugin is usable
meanwhile in 6.1, as it seemed to be packaged now. :-/
Didn't really follow it though...

Thanks for this info.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 19:01:56 BST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 7. August 2018, 18:30:07 schrieb Ianseeks:
> > On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 17:23:26 BST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> > > Probably worth an upstream bugreport...
> >
> > Done. Bug 1104094
> With "upstream bugreport" I meant *upstream at LibreOffice* of course.
i'm not registered there.

> Anyway, I had a quick look at your bug report, and the screenshot doesn't look
> like it would use the KDE style in the first place.
This issue always got fixed in the past when the libreoffice kde4 integration was updated.  There is always a period of time after some releases of Libreoffice that this problem comes back.

> And I notice this in your information: VCL: gtk3_kde5
> I find the "gtk3" part a bit strange.
Yes, i agree. Not a choice i made, i just select libreoffice and it brings in what it needs.

> No idea if that's how it's supposed to be, but I'd rather think *this* is the
> problem...
>
> I don't use Tumbleweed, and therefore neither libreoffice-qt5.
> Cannot help with that really I'm afraid... :-/
>
> > I wish the bug software would show Tumbleweed as an OS option.
> If you mean openSUSE's bugzilla, it does.
It says it in the Product list but its the drop down next to Hardware where it lists lots of OSs,  I can only find Factory in the list apart from all the other official SUSE/opensuse versions..

> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang

Thanks.

Am Mittwoch, 8. August 2018, 08:31:24 schrieb Ianseeks:
> > > I wish the bug software would show Tumbleweed as an OS option.
> >
> > If you mean openSUSE's bugzilla, it does.
>
> It says it in the Product list but its the drop down next to Hardware where
> it lists lots of OSs,  I can only find Factory in the list apart from all
> the other official SUSE/opensuse versions..

Ah, you mean that particular field...
I don't think that matters in any way, as long as "openSUSE Tumbleweed" is set
as Product.

Feel free to file a bug report at openSUSE's bugzilla though. ;-)

For your LO problem, see Fabian's reply.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

On Wednesday, 8 August 2018 11:09:43 BST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:

> > > If you mean openSUSE's bugzilla, it does.
> >
> > It says it in the Product list but its the drop down next to Hardware where
> > it lists lots of OSs,  I can only find Factory in the list apart from all
> > the other official SUSE/opensuse versions..
>
> Ah, you mean that particular field...
> I don't think that matters in any way, as long as "openSUSE Tumbleweed" is set
> as Product.
>
> Feel free to file a bug report at openSUSE's bugzilla though. ;-)
I did and it got sent back as a non-opensuse issue, now i'm having to do the bugzilla way now as you first suggested.
.
> For your LO problem, see Fabian's reply.
i had the libreoffice-gtk3 already installed so i just ran the cli suggestion form him and its still the same.

> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang

Thanks for your time.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180806

On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 19:35:01 BST Fabian Vogt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, 7. August 2018, 20:01:56 CEST schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
> > >
> > > Done. Bug 1104094
> > With "upstream bugreport" I meant *upstream at LibreOffice* of course.
> >
> > Anyway, I had a quick look at your bug report, and the screenshot doesn't look
> > like it would use the KDE style in the first place.
> >
> > And I notice this in your information: VCL: gtk3_kde5
> > I find the "gtk3" part a bit strange.
> >
> > No idea if that's how it's supposed to be, but I'd rather think *this* is the
> > problem...
>
> I'm afraid it's exactly how it's supposed to be.
> That the package is called "libreoffice-qt5" is unfortunate as it does indeed
> include the gtk3_kde5 plugin. The qt5 plugin is quite frankly unusable (I guess
> text rendering is mandatory for it to be usable...) so getting the KDE
> integration working with gtk3 was much quicker.
> It's even more unfortunate that the plugin is called "kde5" :-(
>
> The most important part are file dialogs, which are the proper Qt/KDE ones and
> with breeze-gtk it doesn't even look that bad.
>
> About the original issue: If you can reproduce it with the bare gtk3 plugin it
> might get fixed quicker and it's probably also the gtk plugin's fault. To do
> that, install libreoffice-gtk3 and run  "SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk3 oocalc".

I already had it installed as well as the qt5 version.
Tried running as suggested and its still an issue.  Now logged with bugzilla:  119159
> Cheers,
> Fabian

thanks.

Am Mittwoch, 8. August 2018, 17:37:13 schrieb Ianseeks:

> > > It says it in the Product list but its the drop down next to Hardware
> > > where
> > > it lists lots of OSs,  I can only find Factory in the list apart from
> > > all
> > > the other official SUSE/opensuse versions..
> >
> > Ah, you mean that particular field...
> > I don't think that matters in any way, as long as "openSUSE Tumbleweed" is
> > set as Product.
> >
> > Feel free to file a bug report at openSUSE's bugzilla though. ;-)
>
> I did and it got sent back as a non-opensuse issue, now i'm having to do the
> bugzilla way now as you first suggested. .

Yes, I somehow expected that, that's why I suggested to file it upstream in
the first place.

But this part (and my reply to file a bug report at openSUSE's bugzilla here)
was about "openSUSE Tumbleweed" not being an option in openSUSE bugzilla's OS
field. ;-)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bauer writes:
> Well, on Tumbleweed, the new Qt5 integration is being used now instead of the
> old KDE4 one.

Yes, as I said in the original mail (I think).

> Do you have libreoffice-qt5 installed?

Yes, and I do _not_ have any of the GTK stuff installed.  However the
dialog boxes that libreoffice shows now very much look like the GTK used
to look and they don't have keyboard shortcuts installed on them just
the same.

> If yes, it might be a "regression" there, a missing feature, or just an
> intentional change.

It worked in the KDE package.  It might be a missing feature, but I
think the goal was that the used DE shouldn't matter for the user, so I
really consider an important dialog that can't be used with the keyboard
a bug.

> Probably worth an upstream bugreport...

Yet another account?  No, please not.

Am Donnerstag, 9. August 2018, 21:22:58 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> It worked in the KDE package.  It might be a missing feature, but I
> think the goal was that the used DE shouldn't matter for the user, so I
> really consider an important dialog that can't be used with the keyboard
> a bug.

Yeah, that's already been answered by Fabian.

In short, we currently use the "gtk3_kde5" plugin on a KDE desktop, which is
based on GTK3 but uses the Qt/KDE file dialogs.

So this seems to be a "shortcoming" of the gtk3 plugin.

> > Probably worth an upstream bugreport...
>
> Yet another account?  No, please not.

Well, openSUSE doesn't develop Libreoffice.
I'm afraid you would be redirected to upstream as well if you'd file an
openSUSE bugreport.

And actually, LO's desktop plugins are part of LO itself.
That means that they are developed by the LO developers (not KDE, nor
openSUSE), and are packaged by the LO packagers/maintainers (not openSUSE's
KDE team).

I.e. this is not really the best place to discuss this further anyway, I'm
afraid.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

On Thursday, 9 August 2018 18:36:41 BST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 8. August 2018, 17:37:13 schrieb Ianseeks:

> > > Ah, you mean that particular field...
> > > I don't think that matters in any way, as long as "openSUSE Tumbleweed" is
> > > set as Product.
> > >
> > > Feel free to file a bug report at openSUSE's bugzilla though. ;-)
> >
> > I did and it got sent back as a non-opensuse issue, now i'm having to do the
> > bugzilla way now as you first suggested. .
>
> Yes, I somehow expected that, that's why I suggested to file it upstream in
> the first place.
>
> But this part (and my reply to file a bug report at openSUSE's bugzilla here)
> was about "openSUSE Tumbleweed" not being an option in openSUSE bugzilla's OS
> field. ;-)
aahh... got it now :)

> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang