Tumbleweed 32 bit enquiry.

Dave Plater lst
Hi, I've just been reading a thread on the blender devel mailing list
about dropping 32 bit support. This may mean that in the future blender
may fail to build for x86_32. How will this affect submission to
Factory? Are packages accepted that fail to build for 32 bit? I can't
see anyone with very old hardware being able to run recent blender anyway.
Thanks
Dave P

Re: Tumbleweed 32 bit enquiry.

Jan Engelhardt-4
On Saturday 2018-01-27 09:47, Dave Plater wrote:

> Hi, I've just been reading a thread on the blender devel mailing list about
> dropping 32 bit support. This may mean that in the future blender may fail to
> build for x86_32. How will this affect submission to Factory? Are packages
> accepted that fail to build for 32 bit? I can't see anyone with very old
> hardware being able to run recent blender anyway.

ExcludeArch as usual. What does not get built cannot fail building.

On 27/01/2018 13:21, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Saturday 2018-01-27 09:47, Dave Plater wrote:
>
>> Hi, I've just been reading a thread on the blender devel mailing list about
>> dropping 32 bit support. This may mean that in the future blender may fail to
>> build for x86_32. How will this affect submission to Factory? Are packages
>> accepted that fail to build for 32 bit? I can't see anyone with very old
>> hardware being able to run recent blender anyway.
>
> ExcludeArch as usual. What does not get built cannot fail building.

Thanks,
Dave P